Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sekiro

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

Sekiro

So, I’m not too far in but I’m loving it. I love the new ideas and the pacing of the combat. I was worried that the setting and feel would remind me too much of Nioh (which isn’t a terrible thing) but thankfully this has its own thing fully realized, and it’s beautiful. I feel genuinely lucky to be diving into this without expectations. It feels instantly classic

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yeah everything about it is top class. It is definitely a "souls game" though because of the reused assets. Combat is different, and it's taking me awhile to get used to it. It's going to be very very hard to surpass Bloodborne because I loved the asthetic and the gothic-horror, but I'm happy so far.

This video helped me a ton with the combat...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I only managed to play till the boss you get your hand scriptedly cut off by last night before I had to go to bed. It’s so smooth and I actually managed to reach the gate boss before the bridge without a single hit to me. The combat changes and the deathblow system is pretty cool. I can’t wait to play more of it this weekend! I barely even played but am loving it already.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm stuck on the shinobi hunter...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    LOL I'm sucking now. I'm at the Chained Orge mini boss now. Gonna power through him sometime.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    About a couple hours into it. I'm so trash at these games. Everyone's sick. Might restart.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    This game looks really cool, at first i thought it was something else i was waiting for but that was called Ghost of Tsushima and i think the combat in that one prob won't have the depth or learning curve that this one sounds like it has? anyways it looks badass!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    About a couple hours into it. I'm so trash at these games. Everyone's sick. Might restart.
    The old woman with the bell at the Ashina Outskirts and the Sculptor have Dragonrot on my game. However I took a sample from the woman and they both can be cured. However I learned if I get hit enough and die I'm just gonna choose to die die to prevent this from happening as often. I decided after the Chained Ogre to only resurrect during mini-boss and named boss conflicts. Trash mob enemies aren't worth resurrecting for aside from being close to a new shrine after a long trek in my opinion.

Also, on that topic I made that Ogre my bitch after I got the flame vent prosthetic attachment. Onwards!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Nice. I finally beat the Shinobi hunter. One skill that's super helpful is the 15% health gain on deathblow.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I find the finnickiness and opacity of the stealth and combat so much more frustrating than any souls games. I'm still trying to see if I can come to really like it but right now it's just unpleasant. I'm on Jozou, he's my first boss, I don't think I've seen the ogre yet

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    The old woman with the bell at the Ashina Outskirts and the Sculptor have Dragonrot on my game. However I took a sample from the woman and they both can be cured. However I learned if I get hit enough and die I'm just gonna choose to die die to prevent this from happening as often. I decided after the Chained Ogre to only resurrect during mini-boss and named boss conflicts. Trash mob enemies aren't worth resurrecting for aside from being close to a new shrine after a long trek in my opinion.

Also, on that topic I made that Ogre my bitch after I got the flame vent prosthetic attachment. Onwards!
    So it's just resurrect that affects rot?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    So it's just resurrect that affects rot?
    Yes. Don't abuse it, I learned that sometimes I should just let it go if I failed or got cheap shotted. This Dragonrot crap is the safe check for the resurrection system not being abused I guess. You can buy the cure in stores after you do the quest for the cure initially but it has a finite in stock number (similar to Humanity in the Dark Souls series).

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Yeah... I'm going to restart due to the whole dragon rot thing...

This is one hard, unforgiving game.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm starting over too. I screwed up with the rot cure. Used it on myself..

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I find the finnickiness and opacity of the stealth and combat so much more frustrating than any souls games. I'm still trying to see if I can come to really like it but right now it's just unpleasant. I'm on Jozou, he's my first boss, I don't think I've seen the ogre yet
    Its like the first Dark Souls where you can go where ever whenever. No set path really. I’ve ping ponged between Hiarata Estate (memory) and Ashina Outskirts.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So i've had a good 15 hours in this...it is GREAT, BUT i have a feeling i might not ever finish it, not fully anyway.

The battle system is fantasic, as is the stealth, and i find myself stealthing my way round most of the areas...but this is screwing me on bosses as most you can't stealth (some you can to take an easy health bar from them but still need to fight the other bar) but the meat of the game is the parry...and i fucking suck at it! Getting the timing is so precise on bosses it's just hell for me to get right (the spare guy at the beginning area you revisit, wolverine and the guy you chopped off your arm when you re-fight have me utterly stuck!)
    The great thing with Souls and Bloodborne was if you weren't good with the parry you didn't need to use them, you could make a build to play to your strength...you can't in this, you HAVE to get good with the parry...and i'm really struggling! I do love the game, but i might end up getting to a point where i physically can't proceed, and i've seen some of the latter bosses

Also i'm worried about re-playability, the Souls games had great replay value with all the different weapons, but i don't know if this will have that? I'm certainly not feeling like i want to replay it right now (some of these bosses i never want to see again lol) Still a nice change of pace from the other souls games, and something different.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Holy shit this game is harrrrrrd

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Where are you guys at? I'm at Spoiler: Lady Butterfly and the snake/sliff area

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Where are you guys at? I'm at Spoiler: Lady Butterfly and the snake/sliff area
    ...i'm nowhere near that! I'm stuck at the first major boss (the first guy with 3 health bars!)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    ...i'm nowhere near that! I'm stuck at the first major boss (the first guy with 3 health bars!)
    Spoiler: Corrupted Monk?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Corrupted Monk?
    ...er Spoiler: Genichiro, Way of Tomoe. I can just about get through the first 2 phases and then he gets out his lightning phase and i'm just...fucked

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I think that's pretty far along...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Really? It's the first time you face him for real (not the time at the beginning of the game)...have i gone down a harder route too early?!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure yes. I have not seen that dude yet lol

I've been reading some to help me along, and I haven't seen that dude as in the beginning besides the VERY beginning like you had said. Maybe I'm wrong...
    Last edited by Kodiak33; 03-25-2019 at 08:30 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Well...OK, i wonder what area i missed? I don't think i have the key to fight Spoiler: lady butterfly yet, OK i have gone WAAAAAY to far ahead somehow

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Well...OK, i wonder what area i missed? I don't think i have the key to fight Spoiler: lady butterfly yet, OK i have gone WAAAAAY to far ahead somehow
    After reading, you are on the right track I think...and I progressed in the harder direction. Spoiler: You get the key in Hirada Estates. Do you remember the first burning area there? After the bridge? There is a character there on the right side that gives the key to you...your "father".

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    After reading, you are on the right track I think...and I progressed in the harder direction. Spoiler: You get the key in Hirada Estates. Do you remember the first burning area there? After the bridge? There is a character there on the right side that gives the key to you...your "father".
    ...oh fuck me, i just looked into a quick walkthough, i somehow managed to find a skip that avoids that whole area and got me right to the end of Spoiler: the hirada estates. Basically at the bridge i saw a hut on the left side on the other side of the cliff, tried to jump it...missed and panicked hooked through some back end where i was at the shrine before where the big dude with the curved sword was. After i beat him and i couldn't open the door i continued through the whole monk area, past the guy on horseback and the bull and continued up the roof tops to where i'm currently stuck!...there are powerups and health bonuses i have completely missed! No wonder i'm stuck!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Wait... so you're saying I haven't even made it to the first boss yet?

Dude...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

Dude...
    OK not really. Having spoken on here and doing some digging it looks like i've skipped at least 1 major boss Spoiler: lady butterfly so there's a reason i'm having such a massive problem lol. And i only say first major boss as it;s the first boss (i've fought) that i've had a real problem with (mini bosses aside)

There's a very real chance you've fought some actual bosses i haven't yet!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

Dude...
    Where are you at?