Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I have an 8bitdo controller that came with my SuperNT, and everything is great about it. Well, everything except the dpad. Which is infuriating. The diagonal directions are incredibly touchy and fire off when I don't want them to. It's really awesome playing Lufia for instance, or any other RPG and having your party just start turning in a different direction. I guess it could be fixed with some electrical tape, but I'm not usually one for performing surgery on my electronics. If the official SNES wireless/Switch controller has a properly functioning dpad and will still work with my 8bitdo receiver/SNES, I'd say it would be the most ideal thing for me. I don't have much of a use for the other shoulder buttons or analog sticks, since I'd likely exclusively use it for actual SNES games.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I have an 8bitdo controller that came with my SuperNT, and everything is great about it. Well, everything except the dpad. Which is infuriating. The diagonal directions are incredibly touchy and fire off when I don't want them to. It's really awesome playing Lufia for instance, or any other RPG and having your party just start turning in a different direction. I guess it could be fixed with some electrical tape, but I'm not usually one for performing surgery on my electronics. If the official SNES wireless/Switch controller has a properly functioning dpad and will still work with my 8bitdo receiver/SNES, I'd say it would be the most ideal thing for me. I don't have much of a use for the other shoulder buttons or analog sticks, since I'd likely exclusively use it for actual SNES games.
    i don't know which one you have but i haven't run into accidental diagonals much (other than my own shortcomings haha) with mine. i know they release firmware updates somewhat regularly which might help with issues like that.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i don't know which one you have but i haven't run into accidental diagonals much (other than my own shortcomings haha) with mine. i know they release firmware updates somewhat regularly which might help with issues like that.
    Yeah, upgrading firmware was what Analogue suggested, but everything seems to be up to date. I have the special white Ghostly records partnership edition from last year. Once I made a conscious effort to try like hell to not let my thumb even slightly slip to the side it was manageable. If I was into fighting games it might be more of an issue, I guess.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Yeah, upgrading firmware was what Analogue suggested, but everything seems to be up to date. I have the special white Ghostly records partnership edition from last year. Once I made a conscious effort to try like hell to not let my thumb even slightly slip to the side it was manageable. If I was into fighting games it might be more of an issue, I guess.
    The D-Pad being "touchy" seems to be a common complaint. If it was a stick all you'd have to do is change the gate (square/circle/octagonal); it's not that easy for a D-Pad. I personally haven't noticed problems with the D-Pad, but I've learned to hold and move my thumb differently from playing fighting games. Of course, I also use an X-Box One controller on PC, and some people swear the D-Pad on those are unusable.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Mario Kart is now available for iPhone, iPad & Android!!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Nintendo are streaming a 24 hours "live footage" from the new region and it just looks like a wallpaper where an odd Pokemon might appear (it's been live a few hours and we've seen 5...)

THIS IS ADVERTISING 2019!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    LOADS of Pokemon leaks with S&S being out next week along with the starter evoultions (The sad water Pokemon literally turns into an emo lizard lol!)

Also i cannot wait to meet Marnie in the game...

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Finishing up Order of Ecclesia on DS, and it's bitter-sweet. It's incredible, but knowing it's the last SoTN style game is utterly heart wrenching.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Finishing up Order of Ecclesia on DS, and it's bitter-sweet. It's incredible, but knowing it's the last SoTN style game is utterly heart wrenching.
    Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night just released performance update v1.03 for the Switch...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I keep meaning to go back through the GBA/DS CV games, but I'm hoping there will be some kind of re-release first. Dragon Quest 11 has all my attention right now. What an absolutely phenomenal game that is so far!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night just released performance update v1.03 for the Switch...
    Yeah, bloodstained is hands down my #1 game of the year. It's absolutely Fantastic! It's available on multiple platforms if you don't have a switch.
    Highly, highly recommended. Especially if you like SOTN style games.
    It's as SOTN a game can get without actually being SOTN, haha.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maybe im in a minority. Couldn't get into Bloodstained... Comes nowhere close to sotn.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Maybe im in a minority. Couldn't get into Bloodstained... Comes nowhere close to sotn.
    I hear ya. Where did it fall short for you? Was the entire "package" subpar to SOTN for you?

I am currently waiting for more DLC as I have all shards (including boss shards) at Rank 9, Grade 9, all purchasable items at x99, ammo at x999, and gold maxed at 9,999,999.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been playing Dr. Mario World for the past month (no microtransactions); Versus is infinitely rewarding and punishing.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I hear ya. Where did it fall short for you? Was the entire "package" subpar to SOTN for you?

I am currently waiting for more DLC as I have all shards (including boss shards) at Rank 9, Grade 9, all purchasable items at x99, ammo at x999, and gold maxed at 9,999,999.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been playing Dr. Mario World for the past month (no microtransactions); Versus is infinitely rewarding and punishing.
    I just found it boring. Never finished it. I love sotn. I ran through it not long before bloodstained. Kind of convoluted, imo. I'll give it another shot, eventually...

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, bloodstained is hands down my #1 game of the year. It's absolutely Fantastic! It's available on multiple platforms if you don't have a switch.
    Highly, highly recommended. Especially if you like SOTN style games.
    It's as SOTN a game can get without actually being SOTN, haha.
    my friend got me an xbox one, or whatever the newest one is called, and I'm gonna have to try this Bloodstained, if it's available. Thx for the tip.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK last one as i'm sure people don't want to see my nonsense on here but i'm still super hyped for Sword and Sheild and their character designs i had to do a cyber punk Marie with some Year Zero references...

A post shared by on

Can't wait for friday, i really hope S&S is good, i'll need it to get through this christmas with my family...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Untitled Goose game is crack, I’ve had a lot of fun playing it.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Untitled Goose game is crack, I’ve had a lot of fun playing it.
    I make a lot of stupid jokes about geese, mostly referring to one goose as a #Gease. @RocketScience alerted me to the existence of this Untitled Goose Game, and my wife thought i had created the Wikipedia page myself.

The name and concept are fucking hilarious

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm glad Untitled Goose Game is getting so much love, we need more weird random games!

I'm going to look to get River City Girls on Switch for Xmas, that game looks RIGHT up my street (and make me miss the Scott Pilgrim game!)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    REVIEWS FOR SWORD AND SHEILD ARE IN...

IT'S A POKEMON GAME! It does sound pretty solid and s step up from Sun and Moon (you can skip tutorials FINALLY!) they've added a lot to the game and by the sounds of it made it so you actually have to think in gym battles...buuuuut sounds like the story is pretty average (wish we'd get back to the great stories of Black and White!)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I'm glad Untitled Goose Game is getting so much love, we need more weird random games!

I'm going to look to get River City Girls on Switch for Xmas, that game looks RIGHT up my street (and make me miss the Scott Pilgrim game!)
    River city girls was FANTASTIC. I bought the physical copy through Limited Run Games, and it was worth the wait. They put together a beautiful package and the game was absolutely marvelous. Played through it with the girlfriend and she loved it too. Played very much like Scott Pilgrim. Well worth it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    REVIEWS FOR SWORD AND SHEILD ARE IN...

IT'S A POKEMON GAME! It does sound pretty solid and s step up from Sun and Moon (you can skip tutorials FINALLY!) they've added a lot to the game and by the sounds of it made it so you actually have to think in gym battles...buuuuut sounds like the story is pretty average (wish we'd get back to the great stories of Black and White!)
    Haven't seen a review yet. I'm digging it though. Its a pokemon game.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I haven't been able to play more then a few hours (had a family emergency so spent most of the weekend in hospital) but i am really enjoining the game thus far. From an artist veiwpoint i ADORE the character designs, everyone you meet in battle is so EXPRESSIVE! And how you can basically make your own Pokemon card of your character...and THEY'VE NAILED THE UK REPRESENTATION. The landscapes, the freaking house interior designs all the way through to the dialog, so much effort has gone into making it work!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    River city girls was FANTASTIC. I bought the physical copy through Limited Run Games, and it was worth the wait. They put together a beautiful package and the game was absolutely marvelous. Played through it with the girlfriend and she loved it too. Played very much like Scott Pilgrim. Well worth it.
    OK i'll have a gander at that physical copy! I would VERY much like a physical one, thanks for the tip!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Add instagram to the list of unreliable hosters for embedding images:

I'm holding my nose and using imgur to host pics for this board, which seems to at least work, for all that's wrong with it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Right so i've had Pokemon Sword now for a week and this is my impresstion...

Cons first
    -There are a number of technical issues, especially in the Wild areas with dropped frames. This game definitely needed a bit more time to get right.
    -Trading is a clusterfuck. You can no longer put a Mon up with a request for which one you'd like in return, you have to start a trade with a random person and hope they select one you actually want.
    -Lack of Legendary's. There are only 2 catch-able Ledge's in each game, 3 in total...that's the lowest for ANY Pokemon game (for context the first games Red and Blue had 4, the 3 legendary birds and MewTwo. X and Y had the same issue, only 3 original Legendarys, but also included Mewtwo and the Birds to take the total 7. Sword and Sheid doesn't even do that!)
    -Your caped at what level Pokemon you can catch. AT the start you can only catch Mon up to level 20 and it goes up 5 levels for every gym you beat. This is annoying as your basically just skipping hunting your fav Mon until well into late game.
    -No new Evee's.
    -Lack of a National Dex.

Pros
    -The aesthetic is SPOT ON with the UK. More so then any other game, they really nailed all the ways people talk, the scenery, even the new Pokemon and design, speaking of which...
    -Character Design. These are the BEST looking character models the series has EVER seen. All of them are just so expressive and fun to watch even when battling.
    -Character Customisation. It might still be a way away from Code Vain, this is the best of the series again. For the first time i feel like i can make a truly original looking trainer, the share amount of clothing options is CRAZY!
    -Gigantamax battles. These are surprisingly fun and rewarding allowing you to battle with 3 other players (technical issues allowing) or random CPU players to get Pokemon you wouldn't normally be able to catch (like Gengar)
    -Battles are actually challenging. I haven't been able to just over level my starter and blast my way through the game, i'm actually having to plan my battles which is helped by...
    -Being able to access your box ON THE FLY. It's about time this was in a game, i can swap out ANY of my Pokemon at any time from my box (except in battle) and that's SO much more convenient!
    -It's Pokemon.

Despite it's flaws i'm still really enjoying this one, much more so then USUM, SM and maybe even XY. But i can't help feeling that, given more time to really polish, this could have been far and away the best in the run of games!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I said fuck it and bought a turquoise Switch Lite, Luigi's Mansion 3, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and a 128 GB SD card today.

Let's rock.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    make sure to get Zelda Breath of Wild. the game is incredible I already have over 175 hours

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    make sure to get Zelda Breath of Wild. the game is incredible I already have over 175 hours
    I might even though I have never been a big Zelda fan and it's a time sink game being open world. I def want to get Link's Awakening though.

My friend code if anyone is interested: SW-0416-8918-5298

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I started Super Mario Odyssey and also bought Breath of the Wild because fuck it only money right?

I also still want:

• Yoshi's Crafted World
    • Super Mario Deluxe U
    • Super Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    • Mario Maker 2
    • Bayonetta 2 (FINALLY)
    • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
    • Pokemon Sword (haven't gave a shit about Pokemon since Neo series but this should be cool)

Am I missing any premiere titles on the list?