-Doom 64
    -Yoshi's Crafted World
    -Dragon's Dogma
    -Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil 1
    -Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2
    -Dragon Quest Builders 2
    -Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection

here's the latest Direct (mini) :

not much that I'm interested in here besides Burnout.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ordered a few more games:
    Saints Row IV
    NBA 2K20
    Metro Redux
    Red Fraction
    Assassin's Creed III
    Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection
    Mortal Kombat 11

looking forward to all of them. Haven't played a MK game since 3 or 4. Loved Assassin's Creed 1 but haven't played any others. I miss basketball so the game will do, haven't played a 2K game in over a decade. Haven't played any of the other titles.
    I THINK I'm good with buying for now. Trials of Mana is a maybe but I'll probably wait for a sale down the line.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    ordered a few more games:
    Saints Row IV
    NBA 2K20
    Metro Redux
    Red Fraction
    Assassin's Creed III
    Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection
    Mortal Kombat 11

looking forward to all of them. Haven't played a MK game since 3 or 4. Loved Assassin's Creed 1 but haven't played any others. I miss basketball so the game will do, haven't played a 2K game in over a decade. Haven't played any of the other titles.
    I THINK I'm good with buying for now. Trials of Mana is a maybe but I'll probably wait for a sale down the line.
    not trying to be rude, serious question: how do you have so much money to buy so many games in such quick succession??? i'm super jealous!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    not trying to be rude, serious question: how do you have so much money to buy so many games in such quick succession??? i'm super jealous!
    for one, I never buy anything at full price. If I see it for $10 or $20 off, I'll get it. sometimes, 50% off. I finally got a full time job with benefits this year, have no kids and live a pretty simple life. I know I'm not spending money for a vacation this year, or any other thing I had planned really. I wanted to get everything I wanted out of the way, this way I'm not buying anymore games for the year, unless something comes out that I want (and I'd wait for a sale) . now that the games are out the way, I can focus on the next thing....continuing to pay off my cards, which will take a few months.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Cheap Ass Gamer is also a great resource. Either on Twitter or their website.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    also you should 100% follow Wario64 on twitter. almost everything he posts are game deals and to a lesser extent game news.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    This game is just too much fun!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I just bought a Switch Lite bundle that should hopefully be here sometime next week (according to the website, but not so sure about that).

Anyway, what are the pros and cons re: physical games vs. downloadable ones? While physical games seem like a pain in the ass to keep track of and take up space, I've had SD cards in the past fail, so then what? Are you just fucked out of everything you had stored on it, or does it allow you to download it again, and what happens to you progress if so?

I haven't had a game system in I don't even know how long. Animal Crossing makes me do dumb things.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    welcome to the Switch Lite club Sarah. I love mine. I collect physically, but also do some downloads (especially if they were never phsically released) . Games are my last physical media that I really buy. I like it because I can let my gf borrow games when she wants (can't do that digital) .

You'll definitely need a SD card, one with a lot of space. I suggest Sandisk. The annoying thing these days with games (I too was out of the game loop for a while) is that you can buy a game and then STILL have to download a lot of data/updates from it. Sometimes the downloads can take a while, like an hour or so. One thing I recommend to avoid worrying about data (note: you'll still need an SD card) is the Nintendo Cloud service. I pay a few bucks a month and it saves all my data to the cloud and I can say, delete a game to free up space, redownload it at a later time, and my saves will still be there. Also, it is helpful if you eventually have a 2nd Lite or Switch (I have a docked Switch as my secondary one) , you can redownload the stuff there as well.

Enjoy!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    welcome to the Switch Lite club Sarah. I love mine. I collect physically, but also do some downloads (especially if they were never phsically released) . Games are my last physical media that I really buy. I like it because I can let my gf borrow games when she wants (can't do that digital) .

You'll definitely need a SD card, one with a lot of space. I suggest Sandisk. The annoying thing these days with games (I too was out of the game loop for a while) is that you can buy a game and then STILL have to download a lot of data/updates from it. Sometimes the downloads can take a while, like an hour or so. One thing I recommend to avoid worrying about data (note: you'll still need an SD card) is the Nintendo Cloud service. I pay a few bucks a month and it saves all my data to the cloud and I can say, delete a game to free up space, redownload it at a later time, and my saves will still be there. Also, it is helpful if you eventually have a 2nd Lite or Switch (I have a docked Switch as my secondary one) , you can redownload the stuff there as well.

Enjoy!!
    my switch is, for some reason, so slow on my network with downloads, despite being about 10 feet from my router. it took me 4 hours to download an UPDATE for mortal kombat 11 the other day, and it literally wouldn't let me play without downloading the update. i was so sad.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I just bought a Switch Lite bundle that should hopefully be here sometime next week (according to the website, but not so sure about that).

Anyway, what are the pros and cons re: physical games vs. downloadable ones? While physical games seem like a pain in the ass to keep track of and take up space, I've had SD cards in the past fail, so then what? Are you just fucked out of everything you had stored on it, or does it allow you to download it again, and what happens to you progress if so?

I haven't had a game system in I don't even know how long. Animal Crossing makes me do dumb things.
    No difference. I prefer to own physical copies for most games because you are paying $60.00+ for a tangible product you actually OWN. Digital you download files and licenses, that's it. These days games activate those licenses on disc/cartridge but at least you have the product/case/physical media as part of your purchase.

Digital is great for storage and convenience and I do buy digital for the amazing sales or if I don't HAVE to own a physical copy.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Good points, although I find that Amazon tends to have great deals on physical copies all the time. For instance there was a flash sale for Super Mario Odyseey for $30, meanwhile that game has never gone on sale in the eshop to my knowledge.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, some sad news. The voice actor of Peppy hare and Andross from Starfox 64 has passed away from COVID-19..

https://nintendoeverything.com/rick-...dT1f0hWTgrW_tI

Let's celebrate with this, do a barrel roll for him everyone!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Well, some sad news. The voice actor of Peppy hare and Andross from Starfox 64 has passed away from COVID-19..

https://nintendoeverything.com/rick-...dT1f0hWTgrW_tI

Let's celebrate with this, do a barrel roll for him everyone!
    :: does a sad barrel roll ::

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    bummer news

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Several of the games included in the recent Double Dragon/Kunio-kun digital collection are coming out today on the eShop individually for $4.99 (Double Dragon, Double Dragon II: The Revenge, Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones, Crash'n the Boys Street Challenge, Renegade, River City Ransom, and Super Dodge Ball).

This is significant if only for it being the first time that standalone NES games are available to purchase on the Switch.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Several of the games included in the recent Double Dragon/Kunio-kun digital collection are coming out today on the eShop individually for $4.99 (Double Dragon, Double Dragon II: The Revenge, Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones, Crash'n the Boys Street Challenge, Renegade, River City Ransom, and Super Dodge Ball).

This is significant if only for it being the first time that standalone NES games are available to purchase on the Switch.
    river city ransom & super dodgeball are in the NES online library, aren't they?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    river city ransom & super dodgeball are in the NES online library, aren't they?
    Yup, and Double Dragon II.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    These are NES versions and not arcade? I think this is the only time where the NES versions were better than the arcade.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    These are NES versions and not arcade? I think this is the only time where the NES versions were better than the arcade.
    Yup! And very much agree on that, but I think both Contra and Super C(ontra) NES are also superior to the arcade versions.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    crazy insane updates coming on Wednesday to Mario Maker 2.
    Including the ability to make a whole world now! Create an overview world and put all our levels in it. Game changing!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

pretty interesting talk. though the phrasing of the tweet made me think that it was from 83 and then he talked about the Wii and I had a second or two before I realized he graduated in 83. duh.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    not so much about Nintendo but it's, uh...switch related?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That last bit!!! Those bastards hahaha

jk this looks sweet af

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    as long as the combat system is like the one in Super Paper Mario. i can't deal with the way they did it in sticker star & color splash.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Loved and beat the N64 game many times. Hope this is like that!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Since the final Mario Maker 2 update, I have been working day and night, sometimes up until 5am to try and make a super world to unleash on the world.
    I am pleased to announce, after 1.5 months, I have finally completed a 38 course super world spread out over 8 themed worlds.
    The levels start off easy and increase in difficulty as the game goes on.

If anyone is interested here is the code and some screen shots.

WORLD ID: QWB-QW0-0JF