Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I wonder what games, and how many, would be on a N64 Classic? There were 30 for NES, and 21 for SNES, so probably 10-15 for N64?

Any of Bomberman 64/Hero, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Excitebike 64, F-Zero X, Kirby 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 1/2/3, Paper Mario, Pilotwings 64, Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64, Super Smash Bros., Wave Race 64, Yoshi's Story, Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask all seem like safe bets.

Castlevania and Mega Man 64 would be nice as well. Mischief Makers is a pipe dream that I'd personally hope for. I guess more sports stuff would have to be added, too: Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, 1080° Snowboarding, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, etc.

If Rare could get on board that opens up Jet Force Gemini, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, Blast Corps, Killer Instinct Gold and GoldenEye (though not sure they could still do that one?)

Turok, Perfect Dark and Resident Evil 2 are all M-rated, so probably unlikely to be on a collection like this.

I'm probably forgetting some lol

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I wouldn't mind if they also added the Pod-Racing Star Wars game. I use to play that at a friends house and have fond memories of it and they definitely have to add Smash and at least two controllers. I'm sure Nintendo learned their lesson since the Mini Snes brings two.
    I'm pretty sure some of those games haven't aged to well mechanics wise and graphically but I'd still pay the hell out of them.

I've recently been on a Zelda kick looking at videos and hoping to get my hands on Breath of the Wild once I get my Switch eventually.
    I've missed out on a majority of the Zelda games but I did play almost all of the handheld ones.

I know it's a sin but I never played Ocarina of time or Majora's Mask.
    I'd like to rectify that.
    I was also thinking I should also get a Wii U so I can play all the Zelda games I missed out on but I can't find any for a reasonable price and all that are available are used.
    Are the Zelda Seasons games available in the eshop for the Wii U, I use to play one of them on my gameboy.
    If I remember correctly I only had seasons and I missed out on the special ring you get for linking the GB Advanced with the other game?
    Is it possible to "link games" on whatever platform it's available as a downloadable game?
    I should probably just google this anyways sorry for all the questions.

I stumbled upon this video which is really cool and spoiler heavy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    I've recently been on a Zelda kick looking at videos and hoping to get my hands on Breath of the Wild once I get my Switch eventually.
    I've missed out on a majority of the Zelda games but I did play almost all of the handheld ones.

I know it's a sin but I never played Ocarina of time or Majora's Mask.
    I'd like to rectify that.
    I was also thinking I should also get a Wii U so I can play all the Zelda games I missed out on but I can't find any for a reasonable price and all that are available are used.
    Are the Zelda Seasons games available in the eshop for the Wii U, I use to play one of them on my gameboy.
    If I remember correctly I only had seasons and I missed out on the special ring you get for linking the GB Advanced with the other game?
    Is it possible to "link games" on whatever platform it's available as a downloadable game?[/video]
    I've admittedly never finished either Ocarina or Majora's Mask, despite owning starting new quests dozens of times over the years haha.

It's been ages (ha) since I've played through either of the Oracle games, but iirc they use a password upon completion of either game to 'link' them together, as opposed to an actual physical link. Both games are only on the 3DS virtual console though; Wii U only has GBA and DS titles.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah, I don't really think they'll go all out and give four controllers. No money in it. As long as it's possible to do four player games I'll be happy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Wonder how possible Conker's Bad Fur Day is if a 64 mini actually happened. What I'd give...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I wonder what games, and how many, would be on a N64 Classic? There were 30 for NES, and 21 for SNES, so probably 10-15 for N64?

Any of Bomberman 64/Hero, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Excitebike 64, F-Zero X, Kirby 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 1/2/3, Paper Mario, Pilotwings 64, Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64, Super Smash Bros., Wave Race 64, Yoshi's Story, Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask all seem like safe bets.

Castlevania and Mega Man 64 would be nice as well. Mischief Makers is a pipe dream that I'd personally hope for. I guess more sports stuff would have to be added, too: Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, 1080° Snowboarding, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, etc.

If Rare could get on board that opens up Jet Force Gemini, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, Blast Corps, Killer Instinct Gold and GoldenEye (though not sure they could still do that one?)

Turok, Perfect Dark and Resident Evil 2 are all M-rated, so probably unlikely to be on a collection like this.

I'm probably forgetting some lol
    i would kill for diddy kong racing. i am so mad i lent my copy to a friend, never to see it again. :/

i still have physical copies of many of the games you mentioned for N64 - dk64, mario kart 64, mario party 3, super mario 64, star fox 64, super smash bros., yoshi's story, ocarina, tony hawk, turok, & perfect dark.

you should just come over some time and we'll have a video game day

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i would kill for diddy kong racing. i am so mad i lent my copy to a friend, never to see it again. :/

i still have physical copies of many of the games you mentioned for N64 - dk64, mario kart 64, mario party 3, super mario 64, star fox 64, super smash bros., yoshi's story, ocarina, tony hawk, turok, & perfect dark.

you should just come over some time and we'll have a video game day
    Yass!! <3 A video game day would be awesome! A former co-worker and I used to hang out and play Wii a lot. We used to have the most epic Mario Kart DS group races at work with about 6 of us even. Fun times!

I still have about 20 N64 games or so. Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire is probably the most recent thing I've gone back to play, and I was pretttty rusty. Ugh, that's rough about Diddy Kong. I'm pretty sure I still have that cart. I know the feeling though, I lent out a copy of Final Fantasy II for SNES to someone and never got it back either. I'm still a little bitter lol.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    And if they add some bonuses like Starfox 2, like maybe the F-Zero expansion that was exclusive to the 64DD? That would be great.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Decent E3 from Nintendo. Excited for these

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Im so happy I get to play as Snake again! Ninja Raiden would be an amazing addition, but im not holding my breath for that.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Smash Bros seems to be hit or miss among gamers. They either love it or hate it. I personally love the Smash series. I never cared for the N64 one, but when the Gamecube version came out, that's when I got hooked.

Now, can we just get some goddamn WIRELESS gamecube controllers compatible for the switch already!?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Surprise! Donkey Kong arcade archives release today! I'm realizing how horrible I am at it lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Surprise! Donkey Kong arcade archives release today! I'm realizing how horrible I am at it lol
    You're not the only one! I'm horrible at it too! I'm not used to the Arcade version. I've always played the version that came out on NES!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    You're not the only one! I'm horrible at it too! I'm not used to the Arcade version. I've always played the version that came out on NES!
    I'm really just having problems with the first and last levels. The two in the middle are ridiculously easy - I don't even remember the cement factory level since it was missing from the NES version, but wow. I'm *much* better at the original Mario Bros. arcade game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm really just having problems with the first and last levels. The two in the middle are ridiculously easy - I don't even remember the cement factory level since it was missing from the NES version, but wow. I'm *much* better at the original Mario Bros. arcade game.
    I was able to get through 100m and now I'm stuck on 125m. Every time I climb a ladder a barrel happens to come down the same ladder as me! LOL.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Wonder how possible Conker's Bad Fur Day is if a 64 mini actually happened. What I'd give...
    considering how un-PC it is, i doubt they'd do it, but i suppose it did come out in the first place... speaking of which, just picked up a reproduction cart as i can't really justify spending that much on an original.

n64 is the only system from 'back when' that i still have hooked up, as i have a retropie with all the NES/SNES (and more) roms ready to roll whenever i need a fix. it's a shame that n64 is far too difficult to emulate, even though many modern computers can certainly handle it. i remember reading it has something to do with the way the cartridge/chips interacted with the hardware.

that reminds me - MAN i loved doom 64.
    Last edited by frankie teardrop; 06-20-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I doubt Conker would be on there since Rare is owned by Microsoft. I've got it on Xbox One as part of the 'Rare Replay' collection.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yeah, even if they had the greenlight from Microsoft (which is possible, Nintendo and Microsoft are striking up a pretty nice bromance on twitter right now) - there is NO way Nintendo will put an M-rated game on a collection like that. They might be loosening up on censorship and whatnot in recent years but they're not going to jeopardize sales of the mini console by not making the games for people of all ages. I assume it would be just as hackable as the other mini consoles to get the whole library on it anyway.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'll post this here since it was originally a Nintendo game...

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    My only claim to fame is I can beat Battletoads on the NES...

Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    That's damn impressive, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    First off...beating Battletoads is more impressive than ANYTHING I've ever accomplished.
    Sure, beating it the regular way is no easy feat... but It's nothing special compared to this guys skills.
    This guy just beat the turbo tunnel BLINDFOLDED without DYING ONCE the other day... that is a whole other level of skill.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    When I was 14 and had those reflexes? Certainly I could do it. Hell, my friend and I had it memorized and could get past it every time. It's the snake level that kept killing us.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I played the fuck out of that game so much that it ended up always being the last level that threw me; that stupid rotating tower thing! Plus that winger-clinger whatever ball of death chasing you level was really cheap, too. You have to be SPOT ON with a controller, and I find that emulation has enough of a delay that makes it almost impossible unless you're playing on the real thing. Better make sure your controller has held up well, too! hah.

Funny enough, I never really had issues with the turbo tunnel unless I was deliberately trying to get to level 4. Getting the warp to level 5 is easy but trying to pass all those walls can be brutal. Someone on GameFAQs forums has been trying to do a no-hit run for a while now and I'm not sure if he's been successful or not. I wouldn't even attempt a one-life run, let alone that. And that blindfolded guy! I mean, just.. why? Why would you do that to yourself?! lol

My trick to a good run was always doing the 5-lives cheat code and racking up as many 1-ups as possible in level 2 from repeatedly hitting all the crows. Several of the later levels have spots you can keep re-collecting 1-ups if you die, I think.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 08-06-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    took the switch on it's first road trip worked great have plenty of juice bars(batteries), also picked up, mario odessy skyrim and doom my obly tiny complaint is i wish there was a smaller mobile docking station
    -louie

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I played the fuck out of that game so much that it ended up always being the last level that threw me; that stupid rotating tower thing! Plus that winger-clinger whatever ball of death chasing you level was really cheap, too. You have to be SPOT ON with a controller, and I find that emulation has enough of a delay that makes it almost impossible unless you're playing on the real thing. Better make sure your controller has held up well, too! hah.
    For Level 11, "Cinger Winger", the issue actually doesn't lie with emulation. Believe it or not, it has to do with the type of TV you are playing on. If you are playing on a new HDTV, you get a lag that makes the level impossible to beat. I thought it was my emulator at first as well. I used to be able to beat this game so easily and when I started it up again a few years ago, I kept getting to Level 11 and failing and I couldn't understand why. I even have my original NES and game cart as well, and I tried hooking that up, and still no luck. I was starting to think my skills were deteriorating. But this video explains it:

After watching that, it felt good knowing it wasn't me that somehow lost my skills to beat the level. But it still sucks, because the only way to beat the game now is with a CRT TV. Who in the right mind is going to keep one of those around just to play/beat Battletoads lol. It's still one of my favourite games, but I don't have the space to keep an old TV laying around. Maybe if I had an extra room and was able to create a designated game room, I would do it.

Also, while on the topic of Level 11, there is also a glitch or bug in the North American version of the game that makes the 2nd player not be able to move. The toad is 100% frozen and his bike won't move.

Least Battletoads in battlemaniacs on the SNES isn't broken. That's kind of like Battletoads Lite, but it's still a fun playthrough.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ...CRT TV. Who in the right mind is going to keep one of those around just to play/beat Battletoads lol. It's still one of my favourite games, but I don't have the space to keep an old TV laying around. Maybe if I had an extra room and was able to create a designated game room, I would do it.
    my wife and i set up our guest room as an old game room with our CRT TV and all our classic systems hooked up to it

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I found a CRT HDTV on the side of the road a year ago and I was so excited because it would be great for the SNES/NES mini or even Rock Band due to the lack of input lag. Couldn't find a place for it though - I forgot how huge those things are! - so I had to get rid of it.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my wife and i set up our guest room as an old game room with our CRT TV and all our classic systems hooked up to it
    Yeah, if I had the room, I would love to have a game room with classic systems and toys and old relics from the past set up. Unfortunately, I live in a small 1 bedroom condo. Not gonna fly here unfortunately.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Not to be all clickbait-y, but...this sure takes a turn.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Nintendo Direct today and many think they'll be a reveal for a new fighter in the next Smash, and some think they have found out who...

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/08/08/a...aracter-reveal

Interesting!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    For Level 11, "Cinger Winger", the issue actually doesn't lie with emulation. Believe it or not, it has to do with the type of TV you are playing on. If you are playing on a new HDTV, you get a lag that makes the level impossible to beat. I thought it was my emulator at first as well. I used to be able to beat this game so easily and when I started it up again a few years ago, I kept getting to Level 11 and failing and I couldn't understand why. I even have my original NES and game cart as well, and I tried hooking that up, and still no luck. I was starting to think my skills were deteriorating. But this video explains it
    Ugh.. well that actually explains a lot. It's the same reason I used to be awesome at Guitar Hero, and then upon getting a new (at the time) flat screen TV, suddenly I wasn't. And I've never bothered with it since. Can't play Gumshoe or Duck Hunt or anything else with a Light Zapper without a CRT TV either

That 2-player issue with Level 11 is unfortunate, but I honestly don't think I've ever been able to get a 2nd player with me past the Turbo Tunnels lol.

Also: holy hell. Simon and Richter Belmont in Super Smash. Oh, and King K. Rool??!!