Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Ugh.. well that actually explains a lot. It's the same reason I used to be awesome at Guitar Hero, and then upon getting a new (at the time) flat screen TV, suddenly I wasn't. And I've never bothered with it since. Can't play Gumshoe or Duck Hunt or anything else with a Light Zapper without a CRT TV either

That 2-player issue with Level 11 is unfortunate, but I honestly don't think I've ever been able to get a 2nd player with me past the Turbo Tunnels lol.

Also: holy hell. Simon and Richter Belmont in Super Smash. Oh, and King K. Rool??!!
    Same here, that's why I was excited about that television.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Wouldnt putting the televisioon on game mode solve any lag problems? All my tv's pretty much come with that mode and I am ok with it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Smash is going to be ridiculous. No one can complain about a lack of content. And they're not even done announcing stuff either. It's nuts.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

That 2-player issue with Level 11 is unfortunate, but I honestly don't think I've ever been able to get a 2nd player with me past the Turbo Tunnels lol.
    Haha Yeah, I was going to add to my comment something like "Not like very many people would actually be able to get to level 11 co-op style" I mean, you need 2 incredibly skilled people to do so. But there is also the ability for a 2nd player to just press start anywhere on the blue-print map screen in between levels and they can join in at any time. It's a "secret" if 1 player is better at another level, the other one can have their count-down continue screen run out and then skip out on a level and join again on the map screen for another level.

Sucks about the game-breaking glitch, because all in all that game was incredibly ahead of it's time. It was pushing the NES' limitations. If the game wasn't so brutally hard or broken, it could have been one of the best NES games out there. It's still in my top 5 NES games, but I am a rare breed that actually enjoys challenging games. They certainly don't make games like they used to. Now, games like Donkey Kong Country tropical freeze give you an "assist mode" where if you die too many times, the game will beat the level for you... What kind of crap is that!

Also: holy hell. Simon and Richter Belmont in Super Smash. Oh, and King K. Rool??!!
    And wait, Christ on a cracker, are you serious!? King K. Rool!?!?!?!? Holy hell...
    I just woke up recently and haven't seen much on the internet yet, just came here to check my notifications, but... King K Rool!?!?!? in Smash!? And Simon Belmont, heh.

That's amazing!! I'm 100% sold now!! Actually, I always was sold. I love the smash games. They seem to get a lot of flak for some reason. You either love them or you hate them. There is no real "in-between". Not sure why that is. It's a very divided franchise. But daaaamn. I was worried from the last direct there weren't going to be any more new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Wouldnt putting the televisioon on game mode solve any lag problems? All my tv's pretty much come with that mode and I am ok with it.
    Nope. As explained in that video, changing it to game mode doesn't change the fact the level is still unbeatable on an HDTV. I actually checked my settings on my TV recently to see if that was the case, but I have had it on "game mode" this whole time. Doesn't work. Can't vouch for whether or not it fixes the issues with the other games mentioned, but I know it doesn't fix the issue with Battletoads, unfortunately.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 08-08-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    "game mode" on a TV just ups the brightness and contrast so that video games are easier to see, has nothing to do with the scan or refresh rate or lag of the display :/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    #Paperboy4Smash

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Diablo 3 coming to the Switch with some interesting exclusives.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Dark Souls finally has a release date of Oct. 19th. Which mostly means I can finally own that Solaire Amiibo. Also I've been itching to go back to DS, and held of the remaster earlier this year as I haven't had much time to game.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://nintendoeverything.com/sega-...-in-september/

SEGA Ages: Sonic the Hedgehog and Thunder Force IV should be showing up on the eshop soon; Phantasy Star coming next month with new features including a bestiary, item/magic list, music player and built-in map!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...intendo_switch

Oh, and Grandia and Grandia II HD Remasters are on the way, too. This is great news for RPG lovers!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    taking the amino dive we'll see
    -louie

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    https://nintendoeverything.com/sega-...-in-september/

SEGA Ages: Sonic the Hedgehog and Thunder Force IV should be showing up on the eshop soon; Phantasy Star coming next month with new features including a bestiary, item/magic list, music player and built-in map!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...intendo_switch

Oh, and Grandia and Grandia II HD Remasters are on the way, too. This is great news for RPG lovers!
    Grandia II was a freaking fantastic game on my Dreamcast!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Does anyone have an official gamecube controller or two, wireless or wired, that they would be willing to sell me?

I got hold of a hard drive with a bunch of GC games on it but I don't have a controller. It's driving me nuts.

I was about to order one from eBay but I thought I might ask my compatriots here first.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Does anyone have an official gamecube controller or two, wireless or wired, that they would be willing to sell me?

I got hold of a hard drive with a bunch of GC games on it but I don't have a controller. It's driving me nuts.

I was about to order one from eBay but I thought I might ask my compatriots here first.
    there's a new one coming out for the switch that works with the GC controller adapter (it's basically the same as the ones that came out for the WiiU, and the WiiU adapter even works with the switch, apparently) so you'll be able to buy a brand new one shortly.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    there's a new one coming out for the switch that works with the GC controller adapter (it's basically the same as the ones that came out for the WiiU, and the WiiU adapter even works with the switch, apparently) so you'll be able to buy a brand new one shortly.
    Preciative, @eversonpoe , but I'm not necessarily sure it will work for my purposes.
    I'm running GC backups on an old Wii using USB Loader GX and Nintendont, which, at least USED to be notoriously finicky regarding controllers. (as in it might not recognize the new controllers unless they're EXACTLY the same.)
    So my offer still stands.
    In the meantime, ima order one of these $5 knock off jobs and see if maybe it works.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-27-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Preciative, @eversonpoe , but I'm not necessarily sure it will work for my purposes.
    I'm running GC backups on an old Wii using USB Loader GX and Nintendont, which, at least USED to be notoriously finicky regarding controllers. (as in it might not recognize the new controllers unless they're EXACTLY the same.)
    So my offer still stands.
    In the meantime, ima order one of these $5 knock off jobs and see if maybe it works.
    the ones for WiiU/switch meant to be used with smash bros are literally gamecube controllers with different paint jobs, as far as i know, so it may work fine for you.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Has anyone had any luck with R4 carts?
    I think I've got this figured out.
    I DO wish I had got a 2DS or 3DS so I could have installed custom firmware, but I think I'm going to use my phone as a handheld emulation solution and the DS lite specifically for DS games, which I plan to store on micro SD and run with the flashcart. I'm ordering the R4i Gold 3DS Plus flashcart.

I also now have TWO softmodded Wiis. My old one has nes, snes, gb, gbc, gba, sega, and Sega Genesis and a lot of my favorite games.

The new one has all of those emulators with EVERY game, plus I have the ability to load Wii and GameCube games from an external hard drive (and I have a terabyte of them.) I'm really excited about all of this.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    What are your favorite Wii games (that aren't first party?)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Mega Man 11 demo is on the eshop. Block Man is the only playable stage, but holy wow is this game fun! And hard as balls.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Nintendo Direct goodness yesterday:

New SMB U Deluxe port in January
    Capcom 7-game arcade Beat-em-up collection out next week
    Yoshi's Crafted World in Spring 2019
    Luigi's Mansion 3 in development
    New Animal Crossing next year
    Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD out RIGHT NOW.

oh yeah, also all these coming:
    Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy IX
    Final Fantasy X/X-2
    Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered
    Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy
    World of Final Fantasy Maxima

me= dead.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Capcom 7-game arcade Beat-em-up collection out next week

So Street Fighter 2, Special Champion Edition, Turbo, New Challengers, HD Remix, Ultra, and a HD update of the original Street Fighter?

I kid.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Mega Man 11 demo is on the eshop. Block Man is the only playable stage, but holy wow is this game fun! And hard as balls.
    I bought the full game earlier this week.
    Beat it in about a day. It starts out difficult but once you get the hang of things it gets quite easy. It took me 2 hrs to beat the first 2 robot masters, so I averaged about an hour per robot master but by the time I had all 8 down I was 6 hrs in. Wily fortress 1 was a it tricky, but I breezed through the rest pretty easy. There is a shop that allows you to buy e-tanks and upgrades that I feel make the game pretty easy.

Still a fun game though. The graphics are beautiful. At first I was weary about the game when it was first announced, the graphics and gameplay rubbed me the wrong way, but after actually sitting down and playing through, the game was great.

The default controls are a bit wonky, I customized them a bit to include a button to use as the slide and I swapped the gears with the weapon bumpers as I found I would go to hit "L" and "R" to activate the gears and end up switching weapons instead.

I don't think the replay value is very high though. After I finished the game I had no interest in starting a new one. They have some challenges like how fast can you beat the bosses, can you get though a stage with jumping as little as possible etc. Which are a tad fun if you're into that kind of thing. Not the best mega man man, but certainly not the worst either. Better than 7, 8 and 10.

If they could change anything, it would be the bosses. The bosses all felt like a "I've been here before" feeling. They are super generic bosses. Fire, ice, construction, electricity, a bomb guy... basically rehash of the first mm game bosses. Call me weird, but I kinda liked the weird bosses like sheep man. That's really my only complaint, and maybe the game could have been a little longer. The wily levels are short. 8/10. Worth playing if you're a fan of the old series.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    A few of the stages are hard as shit. Some are really easy. Bosses are easy. I'm digging it though. I just got to the Wily stages.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I bought the full game earlier this week.
    Beat it in about a day. It starts out difficult but once you get the hang of things it gets quite easy. It took me 2 hrs to beat the first 2 robot masters, so I averaged about an hour per robot master but by the time I had all 8 down I was 6 hrs in. Wily fortress 1 was a it tricky, but I breezed through the rest pretty easy. There is a shop that allows you to buy e-tanks and upgrades that I feel make the game pretty easy.
    I pretty much echo all those sentiments. The game overall felt a bit short, and that's even with me majorly screwing up the first night I had it! I assumed the game auto saved, so after I rage quit about 5 levels in (I think it was Impact Man's annoying stage) I went back the next morning only to discover, surprise! I had to play through everything all over again. I will say the second time around the levels were all much easier, though. However, I lost all the bonus items from completing the demo

I didn't bother with too many of the challenges yet. It seems like a lot of them really require you to use the double gear system. My main playthrough was on Normal mode, and I guess I'm kind of a purist in that I actively didn't use the gears much at all. I did slow down time in the chase sequences in Torch Man and Wily's Castle stages, but I think that's about it really. Maybe I'll go back and try Superhero mode, but I don't have a huge desire to replay the game. It was a refreshingly fun experience, but I could replay a lot of those NES titles immediately after beating them and I'm just not feeling it from this one. I do agree it's better than many of the post-NES games.

I made a trip to Target to get the Hori Zelda D-pad joy-con. Amazon had it on backorder and I wasn't about to try to play a Mega Man game without a real d-pad. It really makes all the difference in the world; I'm sure that's why I had such a tough time with the demo.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Does anyone have any experience adding games to the SNES classic? I've been looking into it and it looks kind of easy.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I actually haven't been following up on video games in what seems like forever, but Nintendo will always have a special place in my heart. There's so many sentimental and nostalgic reasons attached to Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube and the Nintendo Wii. (As well as the GameBoy, and I was born too late to experience the original Nintendo when it just came out, but I definitely got love for it too.)

I only went up to the Nintendo Wii U as of now though, but haven't really brushed up on it that much. There's so much clutter with my old systems though, not to mention all of the controllers included, so as much as I want to expand my collection as a long-term goal, I also don't want to keep jumping the gun on my collections. (Which can also apply to any other interest involving collecting.)

I still like video games, but I just don't have the overall drive and interest as I used to. But one thing's for sure is that it's still very likely that I'm going to follow Nintendo as the years/decades go by.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-20-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Does anyone have any experience adding games to the SNES classic? I've been looking into it and it looks kind of easy.
    I'm too scared to hack my shit, but I will say it would be cool to have the whole library on there. I have a SD2SNES everdrive thing for my actual console though, so it's kind of like the next best thing.

I just picked up Diablo III for Switch and I think my whole world has changed. I can see myself dumping obscene amounts of hours into this game lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    It was easy for my husband to do! We have over 100 games now that he hacked into it. Have you tried it yet? The worse case scenario was that our SNES classic would become a block good for nothing, but my husband managed to figure it out via YouTube tutorials and online reading and even hacked into 3 of our friends classics to also give them hours of fun with it. If your interested in how he did it, I can get him to explain it to me. (Again, ha) something about downloading the games, creating the files, wiping the memory on the SNES then installing all our files. He kept a backup of everything originally on the SNES to be sure that if anything went wrong, he could wipe the memory and reset it back to it's original state with original games
    Last edited by Andallthatcouldhavebeen; 11-05-2018 at 07:03 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andallthatcouldhavebeen View Post
    It was easy for my husband to do! We have over 100 games now that he hacked into it. Have you tried it yet? The worse case scenario was that our SNES classic would become a block good for nothing, but my husband managed to figure it out via YouTube tutorials and online reading and even hacked into 3 of our friends classics to also give them hours of fun with it. If your interested in how he did it, I can get him to explain it to me. (Again, ha) something about downloading the games, creating the files, wiping the memory on the SNES then installing all our files. He kept a backup of everything originally on the SNES to be sure that if anything went wrong, he could wipe the memory and reset it back to it's original state with original games
    I have not done it yet. I am playing through Super Mario RPG first. I want to at least beat that one, so if i brick my system, it isn't a total loss.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201..._one_right_now

Want to play a fully functioning SNES with HDMI output and Bluetooth controller capability? Do you want the added feature of startup sounds courtesy of Ghostly International artists like Christopher Willits, Gold Panda, Mary Lattimore, Ouri, Shigeto, Tadd Mullinix, and Telefon Tel Aviv?

$250 and limited to 1,000 copies. You bet your ass I just ordered one lol

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm fucking ready for smash!