Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I am really, really, really hoping for a Zelda 35th anniversary something - whether it's Zelda Maker, or a Zelda 35 multiplayer thing, or even just more info on BOTW2

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    A Zelda 35 or Zelda Maker would both be aces.
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    sorry allegate.

my copy just came today. never had a wii U so I never played the original. just did the first few levels. as odd as it is, cat Mario is super fun to play as!
    I just checked my Amazon account because I didn't get a single shipping email all weekend long and every one of my Amazon orders are considered "lost" at this point. So I got a replacement Mario sent to me as well as a refund for the cables for my new monitor and a replacement for a book I ordered.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    glad it got sorted.

I'm almost done with Super Mario World...I'm not going star chasing so I guess I'm not getting into the last world lol
    played a few mins of Bower's Fury. Seems like fun!

looking forward to the Direct tomorrow. I'm sure it will be heavy on Zelda, but quite honestly, I want to see the other titles that are talked about. maybe something unexpected and out of the blue.

wild guess: Pikmin 4 is coming out soon.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Switch Pro is probably a non-starter because of the chip shortage and the Mario Switch that was just released.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Switch Pro is probably a non-starter because of the chip shortage and the Mario Switch that was just released.
    agree.. I don't think we're seeing Switch Pro talked about until the end of the year with a summer release date next year or later.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Went to Target to get the game because I want to make sure I have it registered ASAP and got one of the water bottles.

and now I'm seeing people selling them for $50 on ebay? wtf is wrong with people?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

If this has SVC Chaos on it...oh man. That's the one I've wanted to play for the longest time.

Also! if you were thinking of buying the MotM that's on the eShop...you should probably wait.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

apparently the pins were barely up before they were all gone.

thread for the direct.
    Last edited by allegate; 02-17-2021 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the direct: zzzzzzzzzzz

only thing that caught my attention was the octopath looking tactical rpg.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm excited for Mario Golf, Skyward Sword HD, and the Zelda Joy-Cons.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That was really one of the more disappointing Directs... that being said I'm happy to finally play Skyward Sword. I had to fight a TON with the checkout process, but I think I snagged a pin set. They seem to still be available, too.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    As much as I want to play Skyward Sword without the motion controls, charging $60 for a simple HD port is nothing short of thievery. Am I surprised? Not in the slightest. I'll grab it when it goes on sale in 5 years.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

that is frickin' sweet.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    there's so much hype over Splatoon 3 it seems.

I've never played the first 2. don't know much about them. is 2 worth picking up on the Switch? (also, I do not play online) .

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

I've never played the first 2. don't know much about them. is 2 worth picking up on the Switch? (also, I do not play online) .
    i briefly had 2 and i HATED the online play. it took me forever to even FIND the single player campaign mode (it's literally hidden in a corner of the main game lobby) and i just never got used to the controls. it wasn't a lot of fun for me. but i know a lot of people like it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I've not played Splatoon 2, but I sunk a lot of time into Splatoon - coming from an oldschool FPS background, it's one of the few more modern shooters that I've really gelled with. The controls felt very natural, coming from mouse + wasd, and really complement the feel and mechanics of the movement - it's the movement that really drew me in. I had to stop playing in the end - I was addicted! The single player was good fun, but a little underdeveloped - it's not the main focus(don't know how it is in 2). But the final boss battle was outstanding - one of the most fun I've ever played.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Yeah my expectations for the Direct were just "lets see" and the only thing that really made me go "OH" was Mario Golf lol. It was amazing, but then again not everyone of these things can be amazing, it was just Nintendo going "here's what's coming this year, hope you find something you like" rather then "OMG HYPE UNREALISTIC EXPECTIONS LETS GOOOOOOOOOO" kinda thing you know?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Bought Diablo III because it was on sale for $49.99 at Target. Got home, opened it up, and got the update downloading. While it was downloading I opened the store up to see if there were any new games on the sale. To my surprise, there was!

Diablo III for $29.99.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Potentially MASSIVE Pokémon news today, in 10mins in fact...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Potentially MASSIVE Pokémon news today, in 10mins in fact...
    Sword/shield just came out so i'm not expecting anything because I don't wanna be disappointed. But this IS the 25th anniversary....

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Sweet christ is Pokemon Legends the open world pokemon game we've always wanted?!?!?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Sword/shield just came out so i'm not expecting anything because I don't wanna be disappointed. But this IS the 25th anniversary....
    Well it did come out back in 2019 so the remakes aren't that much of a surprise to me. Legends however, well i am hyped for that!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Well it did come out back in 2019 so the remakes aren't that much of a surprise to me. Legends however, well i am hyped for that!
    Nintendo is so good. Kill our expectations for the last 4 years where they're so low we're expecting mobile game updates on their 25th anniversary pokemon presents update.

then

BAM!

breath of the wild with pokemon.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was wondering what this meant.

I can't watch the stream so I'm just watching the comments come in.

also: House predicted Pokémon?!

Last edited by allegate; 02-26-2021 at 10:36 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Nintendo is so good. Kill our expectations for the last 4 years where they're so low we're expecting mobile game updates on their 25th anniversary pokemon presents update.

then

BAM!

breath of the wild with pokemon.
    I dunno, i loved Lets Go and S&S personally, my expectations were low because they do these directs all the damn time now and there's usually nothing in them...well nothing for me anyway. I only have a Switch for Pokemon and RPG's i really need to actually play one day lol.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Legends does not look that good. I'm not getting the hype. The narrator in the video says it's an "action RPG" but it looks pretty turn based to me.

the D&P remakes look ehhhh

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Beat Bowser's Fury. Those kittens are a PITA to find but I got them all.

the map continued to be useless but the warp function was helpful at times. that I didn't even notice it until I had two stars left anyway says...well, something.

During the last fight with Bowser I somehow sat on one of the lighthouses. grabbed a screenshot but you can't really see it.

speaking of screenshots, I wanted a video of the last belly drop you do as giga-bessie and the video started like 5 seconds before when I hit the button and ended 1-2 seconds before I let go of the button. eh.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Bought Monster Hunter Rise and Hades this weekend. Not that I have time to play them but stoked.