Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Just wrapped up FFXII on the Switch....first time playing it and I loved it. The gambit system was a bit weird at first, but once I finally got the hang of it the game just took off (in a fun way). I just started Xenoblade Chronicles two nights ago which is a major departure from the FF turn-style battle system but I'm already 5h in and I like the story so far.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm looking forward to Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection next month (Feb. 25th). Looks fantastic!

Also.....
    12 minutes:

Dev diary

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm missing my Switch. I ended up having to sell it last year for financial reasons. So much I never got around to playing, so much I want to play. I'm doing a lot better financially now, but am still going to play it safe for a while. I'll probably get a Lite eventually.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

so for awhile there Wally was giving the whole game + DLC for this price. I did not make it into that group so I just have the DLC but I can't wait to use it.

I've had a switch since Christmas and I already have an unmanageable queue. lol at least I'm staying away from Burnout, which was my favorite racing game ever next to Split/Second. I just know if I get it I'm going to try to 100% the game again and I have responsibilities dammit.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I, too, got a Switch for Christmas, and have been steadily compiling a nice queue of games..... but the title that's my go-to at night is Kentucky Route Zero. The DLC card at Target with the hound dog wearing a straw hat was what pulled me in, and the description on the back, "Kentucky Route Zero is a magical realist adventure game about a secret highway running through the caves beneath Kentucky, and the mysterious folks who travel it" is what sold me on it. It's the closest thing to a David Lynch video game that I've encountered.
    Down in Bermuda is a fun puzzle game. Both are very relaxing and stress-free. I'm also playing Limbo before I start Inside. I also restarted BotW, since I never finished it on WiiU. Calamity is patiently waiting. Stela is another title I want to pick up.
    Last edited by Findus; 01-21-2021 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    My gf lent me her Switch Lite and I ordered Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition...can't wait, especially because I've never played it before.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post
    I, too, got a Switch for Christmas, and have been steadily compiling a nice queue of games..... but the title that's my go-to at night is Kentucky Route Zero. The DLC card at Target with the hound dog wearing a straw hat was what pulled me in, and the description on the back, "Kentucky Route Zero is a magical realist adventure game about a secret highway running through the caves beneath Kentucky, and the mysterious folks who travel it" is what sold me on it. It's the closest thing to a David Lynch video game that I've encountered.
    Down in Bermuda is a fun puzzle game. Both are very relaxing and stress-free. I'm also playing Limbo before I start Inside. I also restarted BotW, since I never finished it on WiiU. Calamity is patiently waiting. Stela is another title I want to pick up.
    my friend from high school did the music for KRZ! i finally picked it up recently but fuck it's IMPOSSIBLE to read the text on the tv, and playing in handheld mode kills my neck, so i'm trying to figure out a good solution

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my friend from high school did the music for KRZ! i finally picked it up recently but fuck it's IMPOSSIBLE to read the text on the tv, and playing in handheld mode kills my neck, so i'm trying to figure out a good solution
    While playing, hit the + button. That will lead you to "Options". Choose "Text", then "Text Size".
    Default is "Human", bigger is "Lion", even bigger is "Mammoth", then it goes tiny with "Bug", and then the size smaller than Human is "Cat".
    Try Lion or Mammoth. Your friend's music definitely enhances the atmosphere and mood of the game. Nicely done.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

While neat looking, if I buy another Switch I'm going to wait for the HD Switch that the rumor mill is rumbling about for later this year.
    Last edited by allegate; 01-22-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Just wrapped up FFXII on the Switch....first time playing it and I loved it. The gambit system was a bit weird at first, but once I finally got the hang of it the game just took off (in a fun way). I just started Xenoblade Chronicles two nights ago which is a major departure from the FF turn-style battle system but I'm already 5h in and I like the story so far.
    Those are both fantastic underrated games.

And yeah, I'm really excited for Ghosts and Goblins.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 01-22-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Those are both fantastic underrated games.

And yeah, I'm really excited for Ghosts and Goblins.
    almost 30h into Xeno and hot damn is this game good! I really hope the WiiU game sees a port at some point, otherwise I will have to dust off the old console and track down a copy of the game. I also just picked up Tokyo Mirage Sessions for the Switch since it was only $10 at Walmart. I started this game originally on the WiiU but never finished it since I got my hands on a Switch shortly after diving in. Once I wrap up Xeno that will be the next game I'll jump on.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I am HOOKED on Xenoblade Chronicles since I got it this week past weekend. I've never been hooked on a game like this before. It's so fun covering the map and doing a bunch of side quests (and I usually hate side quests in games) . Having never played it before I'm really into the storyline too. I've played for about 10 hours so far, but am probably only a few hours into the actual story thanks to trying to complete all the side quests! Love the battle system too, my new favorite system in an RPG.

I heard mixed thing about part 2, but I'm sure I'll get it still. Breath of the Wild is coming today but it'll be a while before I even touch that- Xeno is my life for the foreseeable future. Perfect stress relief during a very stressful time. I had BotW when I owned a Switch last year, but only got about 2 hrs into it until I had to sell my games/system.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Xenoblade Chronicles is the best one, and the Switch version is the best version. The WiiU game wasn't as good, so even if you can't get it, don't feel bad, it's definitely a step down.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Ring Fit Adventure is still kicking my butt but it's kind of a let down as well. You need to play a game to get all of the exercises and of course I'm going to min/max my way to beating the game, right? So I don't have the best variety of exercises, just the ones that have high attack and spread. You only have so many slots so you find one that does 220 damage you're going to use it a lot. Or the one that only does 70 but hits everyone 40+ times.

Still, I'm having a lot of fun with it. all three of us are playing so I wonder how well the controller is going to hold up to that abuse.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I've found sending offers on ebay is the best way to go...scored new copies of Luigi's Mansion 3 ($30) & Octopath Traveler ($25) for a combined $55 while placing offers lower than their buy it now prices! LM3 is $60 on Amazon and Octo is $50 on Amazon...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I've found sending offers on ebay is the best way to go...scored new copies of Luigi's Mansion 3 ($30) & Octopath Traveler ($25) for a combined $55 while placing offers lower than their buy it now prices! LM3 is $60 on Amazon and Octo is $50 on Amazon...
    Walmart just had both games on clearance for $10. Sadly my local stores were sold out but I took advantage of the other clearance titles and have been trading them for the ones I couldn't secure

https://imgur.com/6GTGHuV

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Walmart just had both games on clearance for $10. Sadly my local stores were sold out but I took advantage of the other clearance titles and have been trading them for the ones I couldn't secure

https://imgur.com/6GTGHuV
    damn! I need to check walmart! didn't even cross my mind. thanks for the tip!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

utterly flabbergasted. At least not WinCE?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Kinda Nintendo related? Scrapped Goldeneye 64 remaster for Xbox 360 leaked out onto the net

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/...-for-xbox-360/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The official home of Super Mario™ – My Nintendo missions

They're doing a second set of Mario pins, tied in with the release of Super Mario 3D World on Switch this Friday... seems like they're upping the requirements as far as missions go, and there's a requirement to own the game as well. I'm sure these will fly out the door as soon as the game is released, but maybe there's hope to snag a set before they're gone!

*edit - they won't be sending out codes to redeem the pin set until 3PM eastern on 2/17*
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 02-09-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Man, I'm not getting my copy until late in the day because fucking Amazon so I know I'm going to miss out on these too.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    You know....that new Mario game is getting my attention. I might pick it up eventually. Looks like it will be a good game to play in the summer.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It's a brilliant game, we beat it several times on the WiiU. It's basically everything that was good about the New Super Mario Bros games but in 3D.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Man, I'm not getting my copy until late in the day because fucking Amazon so I know I'm going to miss out on these too.
    I'm so pumped for Bowser's Fury!! I was kinda skeptical of the trailer with the comically huge Bowser/Cat Mario, but I'm really loving what I'm seeing now.

From my understanding, you can't order the pin set without a code and they're not sending those out until next Wednesday. So while I'm sure it's still gonna be an absolute cluster, hopefully it'll be closer to a fair process. If I wind up with a set and you don't, I'd be more than happy to send it your way! I just stumbled across some NIN pins from what must have been The Spiral days (they look like primarily With Teeth/BYIT style) so clearly I don't really use these things ha.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Oh for sure I have no place to put the pins other than on a shelf, maybe. Purely fomo otherwise. I have a set of the Disney Movie Rewards Marvel Studios emoji pins that are sitting...somewhere?...as an example. But I really like the art style of the Mario World game. I don't know if it's because it's my favorite Mario game or what but I'm a huge sucker for that era. I am glad they're putting off the start of when you can enter the 'code' for the game though.

I was also put off by the initial reveal of the new game mode because the first trailer reveal didn't actually reveal anything other than dark bowser and Super Saiyan Mario. The second trailer showed a little more but not a lot. Now that reviews are coming in actually describing it I'm a lot more excited. Less so that it's not like the original game though - it appears to be more like Mario Odyssey with the second player controlling Bowser Jr just for assists and not all four players. At least for New Super Mario Bros U when they added New Super Luigi U it was still playable with four people. Impossible, but the same core game.

But I'm still looking forward to it because it's one more game that I can put away from the WiiU.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    well with the weird snow storm that hit the area - and the holiday - there's no way I'm getting the game until Tuesday at best. First world problems eh.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    sorry allegate.

my copy just came today. never had a wii U so I never played the original. just did the first few levels. as odd as it is, cat Mario is super fun to play as!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New Direct announced for tomorrow afternoon, to focus on first half of 2021 Switch titles.