Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    it's funny, I got a switch light a couple months ago, and a proper switch a couple weeks ago (my first "current gen" console since I had the ps3 at launch) , and repurchased a 2DS XL (had a new 3ds XL from 2016-2018, had to sell it and all my games) , and I haven't been able to put down my 2DS at all. I way prefer it over the Switch actually. haven't played the switch in about 2 weeks, been playing the 2DS XL daily.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    it's funny, I got a switch light a couple months ago, and a proper switch a couple weeks ago (my first "current gen" console since I had the ps3 at launch) , and repurchased a 2DS XL (had a new 3ds XL from 2016-2018, had to sell it and all my games) , and I haven't been able to put down my 2DS at all. I way prefer it over the Switch actually. haven't played the switch in about 2 weeks, been playing the 2DS XL daily.
    i get it. i've had a switch since xmas 2018 and i totally love it, but i pick up my regular 2ds way more. i love the vintage games, particularly the gameboy and gba titles (i'm an ambassador). i even prefer mario kart 7 to 8 deluxe.

i'm terrified of breaking my switch. and it constantly feels like i'm a millimeter away from snapping the joy cons off. or scratching the screen. or somehow messing the battery up. it makes it hard to enjoy.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ah dude, GBA titles! I wasn't gaming at all during the GBA gen and now I wish I could play so many of those titles. I guess I can always emulate at this point. when it comes to collecting, I'm a CIB type of guy which is just so rare for GBA titles. so I've made a commitment to collect DS/3DS stuff, and pick up a handful of more physical Switch games along with some digital downloads.

speaking of digital downloads, there's pros and cons to both, but I much prefer the virtual console for 3ds over the switch online services.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I started Super Mario Odyssey and also bought Breath of the Wild because fuck it only money right?

I also still want:

• Yoshi's Crafted World
    • Super Mario Deluxe U
    • Super Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    • Mario Maker 2
    • Bayonetta 2 (FINALLY)
    • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
    • Pokemon Sword (haven't gave a shit about Pokemon since Neo series but this should be cool)

Am I missing any premiere titles on the list?
    there are a million games on the digital store and i've gotten a bunch that are great. i've been sinking hours into dead cells every day for the last few weeks. i literally can't stop playing it. i also never get mad​ at the game, even when i die while making good progress. i just start over and keep enjoying myself. that's a pretty different thing for me.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    make sure to get Zelda Breath of Wild. the game is incredible I already have over 175 hours
    I wish I liked this game

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I wish I liked this game

seriously, though, it sucks to feel like you're missing out on something, but you also shouldn't force yourself to like it just because other people do. there are so many games out there, don't feel too bad. you're not missing out on it if you don't like it, right? it's like me and seafood...or most vegetables...or any number of other things...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I wish I liked this game
    I feel the same way about Monster hunter world. I actually bought the game twice. I really do want to love the game but every-time I try to play I get so confused.
    Last edited by Rdm; 02-11-2020 at 08:15 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I wish I liked this game
    I like what I've played of the game so far but I still think its vastly overrated like I always have.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm finally making progress on Shield and just got the Grass Gym leader defeated. Dynagigawhatevermax seems like such a fucking useless gimmick. "Oh, your pokemon is super huge and can totally obliterate me! Oh wait, I can make mine do the same thing!!!!11" Please change my mind that it's something more than that lol

BOTW was tons of fun when the Switch launched, and it really did reinvigorate my love for gaming but tbh I haven't touched it in well over a year now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I wish I liked this game
    I totally get this, and I didn't like it at first either. Now I'm addicted AF, trying to get one more shrine. There's just so many details etc that make it really impressive.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Just got back from a trip to Japan and the airport in Tokyo (Narita) was decked out in Mario graphics that greeted you as you made your way towards baggage claim.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I wish I liked this game
    That's how I feel about every Zelda game. It's something I want to like, I just can never get more than two hours into one before I get bored and turn it off.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Luigi's Mansion 3 is the shit. I love the game. That makes me happy I bought a Switch even just for that, not withstanding all other games on it and I have.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Can anyone recommend a game thats on the switch and is in the vein of Diablo?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post

not on Switch, but Heroes of Ruin on the 3DS is in that vein.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - The Black Order comes to mind, being a Switch exclusive.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    in case i haven't made this point enough in this thread, Dead Cells is amazing, and is basically a perfect cross between a metroidvania and diablo (even the music sometimes reminds me of diablo).

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Pokemon Home finally launched and i did it...i actually DID IT! A COMPLETE LIVING DEX OF ALL 890 POKEMON!

Also been doing some shiny hunting in Sword, and got my Shiny Mimikyu

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    in case i haven't made this point enough in this thread, Dead Cells is amazing, and is basically a perfect cross between a metroidvania and diablo (even the music sometimes reminds me of diablo).
    Dead Cells would be right up my alley...but I hate roguelike games.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Dead Cells would be right up my alley...but I hate roguelike games.
    Enter The Gungeon and Hyper Light Drifter would like to have a talk with you, buddy.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    so earlier in the thread I was posting about how much I had fallen back in love with my 2DS XL. I...went way overboard buying games. here's a list of games I got in the past month:
    Luigi's Mansion
    Kirby Triple Deluxe
    Kirby Battle Royale
    Pokemon Alpha Saphire
    Pilotwings Resort
    Miitopia
    Tomadachi Life
    Nintendogs + Cats
    Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
    Metal Gear Solid 3D
    Fantasy Life
    Theatreryhtym Final Fantasy Curtain Call
    Stella Glow
    Return to Popolocrois
    LBX
    Moshi Monsters
    Jake Hunter
    Story of Seasons
    Story of Seasons Trio of Towns
    Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Yo Kai Watch
    Heroes of Ruin
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    Fire Emblem Echoes
    Monster Hunter Stories
    Mario Sports
    Ever Oasis
    Radiant Historia
    Fire Emblem Awakening
    Detective Pickachu
    SMT 4 Apocolypse
    Dragon Quest VIII

and I know I'm missing a couple. either way...yeah way too much.

I was all in on the 3DS library....and then last week I played my Switch Lite again for the first time in months and fell in love with it all over again. Picked up Mario Kart 8 and it was indeed a game changer, I'm back on the "Switch is fucking awesome" wagon again. Also picked up Friday the 13th, Sword, Breath of the Wild, Dragon Quest XI, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and arriving today: Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Maker 2, Witcher III, Mega Man 11, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

being a teacher as well as taking two grad school courses, I wish I had more time to play things. sounds crazy, but just as quickly as I got those 3DS games, I'm going to trade many of them in to my local game store today. I had a realization yesterday that I'm just never going to get around to playing some of them. I'll be keeping lots of the good stuff. I started Fire Emblem Awakening last night, my first FE game I've played and I'm hooked. My focus on collecting is now set on the Switch.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Pokemon Home finally launched and i did it...i actually DID IT! A COMPLETE LIVING DEX OF ALL 890 POKEMON!

Also been doing some shiny hunting in Sword, and got my Shiny Mimikyu
    how do you 'hunt' for shinnies in Pokemon Sword/Shield?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    besides the above listed Switch games arriving today, I picked up New Super Luckys Tale when I was out today. can't wait to play this one!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    how do you 'hunt' for shinnies in Pokemon Sword/Shield?
    In sword and shield they changed things up for hunting shiny's. First every time you beat a specific pokemon, so lets say for arguments sake Ralts, every time to beat a Ralts the game tracks it. After you beat it a few hundred times it increases the likelihood of a shiny Ralts appearing.
    Then you have the shiny charm, which you get from a guy in the Circhester hotel when you have completed your pokedex. This further increases the chance of a shiny appearing. Then you have 'egg hunting', which is my method, where you place a male and female pokemon, but make sure one is from a different region to the other, so 2 Ralts but ones from your game and the other your traded from someone in Japan, and leave them in the day care and make them pop eggs. The chance of a shiny is the best for me, 1/512.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    How is there not already a LEGO thread?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    New Super Lucky's Tale is a fun game, reminding me of PS1 era platformers but much more exciting. one level is an open world level, the next a 2d platformer, the next a puzzle level etc.

here's what came yesterday:
    Aragami (stealth game...kinda like Tenchu or MGS)
    Yooka-Laylee: The Impossible Lair (people who made Donkey Kong Country for SNES worked on this)
    Vampyr (started playing this and it's awesome)
    Astral Chain (really excited for this one!)

I've been hooked on Mario Maker 2. Haven't even designed a level yet- just doing story mode and challenge mode. so much fun.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

seems reasonable enough.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Fuck Corona, I'm buying a switch.

also!

Last edited by allegate; 03-20-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    some recent pickups:
    -New Super Mario Bros Wii U Deluxe (fun, but actually challenging too)
    -Luigi's Mansion 3
    -Legend of Zelda- Link's Awakening (looking forward to this...bought a Game Boy color back in 98 to play the original version)
    -Animal Crossing
    -Smash Bros

some digital downloads:
    Valkyria Chronicles 4 DLC (the first game I got on the switch when I got it back in Nov was Valkyria Chronicles 4 and it's what hooked me in)
    The Mummy Demastered (holy crap, this game's the closest to Castlevania SOTN that we're getting on the switch)
    Shantae Half Genie/Half Hero Ultimate edition
    Monster Boy
    Castlevania Collection
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Trials of Mana (demo)
    Last edited by versusreality; 03-21-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

burnout paradise on the go? fuck yeah man.