Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'm curious to try it. Never played the first one. Not huge into creating.
    I loved the first but never was big on creating either. I think you'll find this Vice review interesting, since it's from the perspective of someone who only plays and doesn't create:
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/q...-the-community

My copy of 2 is arriving today and I cannot wait!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Y'all who never played the first one were missing out. Key word, "were" cuz now you can get MM2! Woot woot! Looks to be improved upon on so many levels. I picked my copy up this afternoon. Looking forward to trying it when I'm off work. I'm still playing bloodstained too! Too many games to play! Sometimes there are dry spells and no good games for months and then all of a sudden everything I am interested in comes out all at once.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 06-30-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    recently realized that you can download player-created levels in super smash bros on the switch and oh my god there are some really terrible levels (all about anime boobs) but there are also a lot of really fun ones. but my favorite that we found is called "train to heck" and it's really challenging but completely hilarious.

i also tried my hand at making a level and, once you figure out the layering system (and if actually have the ability to draw, unlike me) it's pretty fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm having so much fun with Mario Maker playing the levels as well as creating them. I've created 5 levels. I recommend getting a stylus if you build your own courses.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Does anyone have a 3ds or 2ds they might like to sell?
    Let me know.
    Buying off of ebay can be rough, as "normal wear and tear" is pretty fucking subjective.
    I bought like, 6 ds lites, to come up with 3 that were in good shape.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    oh my god there are some really terrible levels (all about anime boobs)
    Ok this may have sold the game for me haha
    Last edited by tony.parente; 07-13-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    My first handheld was an original gameboy- I think I was 9. It may not seem like much, now, but it was fucking INCREDIBLE at the time. Anyway, I've got a GB and GBC emulator running on my ds, and, have been revisiting some of that stuff: Metroid 2, Link's Awakening, etc.
    Some of it is about nostalgia, but also, some of those games were genuinely stunning.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Link's Awakening is probably my second favorite Zelda entry after Link to the Past, and is one of the only reasons I'm happy I own a Switch.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    In Pokemone Sword and Shield news, Weezing has a new form that gives it a top hat...10/10 game of the year!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    ...you know i might be a little obsessed with these new character designs in Pokemon sword and shield...

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I've got £15 eshop credit to spend. Best hidden gem indie games GO

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I've got £15 eshop credit to spend. Best hidden gem indie games GO
    hollow knight

axiom verge

celeste

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/an.../1100-6469052/

Hopefully SNES games are coming to the online service soon? I think the anniversary of the service is next month. I'm not big into online gaming, so the classic game library was my primary reason for signing up for it, along with the cheap price. I think everyone has been a bit disappointed with the slow drip feed of games so far.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/an.../1100-6469052/

Hopefully SNES games are coming to the online service soon? I think the anniversary of the service is next month. I'm not big into online gaming, so the classic game library was my primary reason for signing up for it, along with the cheap price. I think everyone has been a bit disappointed with the slow drip feed of games so far.
    motherfucking shit. if i had known they were going to do that i wouldn't have gotten the NES controllers. i don't want to spend another $70 on controllers that i won't be able to use for a bunch of the switch games :/ but the SNES controller is still one of my fav game controllers ever designed.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hopefully soon. Seems like they're done with NES.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Indie World Nintendo Direct - 8/19/2019
    Best Friend Forever - 2/14/20
    Blasphemous - 9/26/19
    Cat Quest II - Fall 2019
    Close to the Sun - 2019
    Creature in the Well - 9/6/19
    Dungeon Defenders: Awakened - Feb 2020
    EarthNight - 2019
    Eastward - 2020
    Freedom Finger - Fall 2019
    Hotline Miami Collection - TODAY
    Hypercharge: Unboxed - 2019
    KINE - 2019
    Munchkin: Quacked Quest - Fall 2019
    Northgard - 9/26/19
    One Finger Death Punch 2 - 12/2/19
    Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition - 9/27/19
    Phogs! - Early 2020
    Risk of Rain 2 - Summer 2019
    Röki - Winter
    Skater XL - 2020
    Skellboy - 12/3/19
    Sparklite - Fall 2019
    Spiritfarer - Spring 2020
    Superhot - TODAY
    The Touryst - Nov 2019
    Torchlight II - 9/3/19
    Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince - 10/8/19
    What the Golf? - Winter
    Youropa - Winter

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my brain saw:

"risk of raisin 2"
    and
    "spiritfarter"

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    my brain saw:

"risk of raisin 2"
    and
    "spiritfarter"
    ...i mean i'd play those.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I made a video of my favourite game per year for every year i've been alive for anyone that's curious.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    "sky rogue" is 50% off for a short time and an absolute blast, worth a look

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I am obsessed with Marnie...OBSESSED!

A post shared by on

It has gotten me back into drawing big time though!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Just picked up Monster Hunter: Generations and Collection of Mana! MH was on sale at best buy for $29.99 instead of the normal $39.99, FYI...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Deep discounts on mega man and steam world games in the eshop today

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    hollow knight

axiom verge

celeste

Thanks. Axiom verge is currently 50% off! Unfortunately I've just cleared my eshop voucher. And I've got a metroidvania already (steamworld dig). But I'm still tempted.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Finally made a Mario Maker 2 level for anyone that's brave enough to check it out. Course ID is 14G-LS6-VSG.

Fair warning, this is a pretty difficult level. It's called "The Hollow Tree" and it's inspired by the downward scrolling levels in Battletoads.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    started playing around on some of the SNES games on switch tonight. some of them are games i didn't even know existed, but i'm glad to see some familiar titles (even though i own them for SNES and have a working one, it'll be nice to play them on my main tv instead of awkwardly sitting on the guest bed). definitely going to get one of the SNES controllers (they're going to be $30/each (which means you can buy just ONE instead of a $60 pair) and they'll charge via USB C cable instead of with rail chargers on the system, and i'm actually glad for that. BUT they aren't available yet, i guess? :: shrug ::

anyway, mario kart on SNES is both just as hard as i remembered and also hilarious.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Where the danmaku at? I preordered this Japanese Limited Edition port of ESP Ra.De. (Psi). It is also available for PS4.

I own all of the CAVE shooters available on iOS. Let's get some of these on consoles that aren't the Xbox 360.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

bought this 8bitdo SF30PRO controller last week and it's honestly one of the best $40 purchases i've ever made.

if you play platformers on ANY system (it'll work with any modern console that uses bluetooth controllers, and it charges with a USB-C cable (included)) it makes such a huge difference having a proper D-pad, and buttons that aren't teeny tiny. i can't tell you how many times my thumb would wear out from using the fake d-pad on the joycon while playing celeste.

this thing is amazing.

and because it has both sets of L+R buttons, as well as a button that gets used as "home" (and another that on the switch is the "screenshot" button), there are literally no games it won't work for. that said, it's a little difficult to play smash bros. with it because you can't use the d-pad. but it was perfect for mortal kombat 11, which we picked up over the weekend along with mario maker 2 (we both had gift certificates from our leftover thinkgeek points).

edited to add: this is a much better investment than whatever controller nintendo is going to roll out officially for playing the SNES online games, because you know theirs isn't going to have both sets of L+R buttons, nor is it going to have a proper home button. plus this was $40; theirs is slated to be $30 but there's probably going to be about $10 shipping (if the NES controllers they released are any indications...kinda wishing i hadn't bought those, now)
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 09-18-2019 at 12:50 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Looking forward to Link's Awakening released on Switch tomorrow (UK LE)! I never played the GB original. So with this and Collection of Mana, it should keep me busy for a while.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

bought this 8bitdo SF30PRO controller last week and it's honestly one of the best $40 purchases i've ever made.

if you play platformers on ANY system (it'll work with any modern console that uses bluetooth controllers, and it charges with a USB-C cable (included)) it makes such a huge difference having a proper D-pad, and buttons that aren't teeny tiny. i can't tell you how many times my thumb would wear out from using the fake d-pad on the joycon while playing celeste.

this thing is amazing.

and because it has both sets of L+R buttons, as well as a button that gets used as "home" (and another that on the switch is the "screenshot" button), there are literally no games it won't work for. that said, it's a little difficult to play smash bros. with it because you can't use the d-pad. but it was perfect for mortal kombat 11, which we picked up over the weekend along with mario maker 2 (we both had gift certificates from our leftover thinkgeek points).

edited to add: this is a much better investment than whatever controller nintendo is going to roll out officially for playing the SNES online games, because you know theirs isn't going to have both sets of L+R buttons, nor is it going to have a proper home button. plus this was $40; theirs is slated to be $30 but there's probably going to be about $10 shipping (if the NES controllers they released are any indications...kinda wishing i hadn't bought those, now)
    I was going to suggest 8BitDo, but you said the Nintendo peripheral was $30, and I knew the cheapest 8Bit was $40. So glad you like it! I have the N30 Arcade Stick, and it’s the best cheap stick I own.