Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quake is out on Switch now, so y'all have no excuses!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    sure I do.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Lol, touché!

Ah, I'm just so thrilled for folks who have never had a chance to play due to either not having a capable PC, not being tech savvy, or were too young/not alive to experience this phenomenal game. Have fun!

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I saved my money all summer and one day my mom came home and said "Hey I saw the Nintendo at Hills, do you want me to get it for you?" and I gave her all my money and she came home from work with it. Just in time for me to go to a friends house so I took it with me and we all played Super Mario world. This was about a week before official release because there was no such thing as street dates back then but I felt like I got one over. I mean, I was 14 so yeah that was brilliant.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Oh my stars and garters.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    in less impressive news:

Charlie Day should be Waluigi, that's just the way it is.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Thank the heavens he was available because I saw the "new music" tweet and about lost my mind. one of the best SNES soundtracks out there.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Mario cast looks like a 4chan leak lol

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Last edited by allegate; 09-23-2021 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This is the most Nintendo shit, ever... Watch, the controllers will be $40.00 USD

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    This is the most Nintendo shit, ever... Watch, the controllers will be $40.00 USD
    They're $49.99.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    My mom got me a pencil box for Valentine's day. Inside of the box was SMB 2.

When Street Fighter 2 came out for SNES, she left at 5 am so as to be first in line at Toys R Us in D Town, when it came out at 6.

I was spoiled, I guess.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

God bless China.

I've got a handheld that plays every N64 game. And that's my SECONDARY handheld.

Edit: sorry, y'all. I just realized I've said this sort of thing in multiple threads, and possibly this one.

That DOES go to show how badass these things are, though. I think my Anbernic RG351P is my most prized possession.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-24-2021 at 05:02 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    God bless China.

I've got a handheld that plays every N64 game. And that's my SECONDARY handheld.

Edit: sorry, y'all. I just realized I've said this sort of thing in multiple threads, and possibly this one.

That DOES go to show how badass these things are, though. I think my Anbernic RG351P is my most prized possession.
    Hell yea. You inspired me to get an Anbernic and I haven't been able to do anything with it, for it is buried in my storage locker atm and in the middle of a move... It's killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire
    They're $49.99
    For fucks sake...

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    so glad i kept my N64

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Wish I had, though at the same time I barely play what I do have so it would just be taking up space. :/

I've been playing the Actraiser remake and I cannot make it past the second world. There's this new mode of tower defense and I kind of hate the genre and this isn't making me like it anymore. I have three towers for attacking flying enemies right in the spot where the boss flies through and two are right next to the target it's going for and he kills the target every time. I buff them all to the highest power, doesn't help. I swat the guy with lightning at higher and higher power levels, does nothing extra. I hit him with wind to hold him in place, the towers miss. (?!?) I hit him with rain to slow him down, doesn't affect him. the only other powers I have are sunshine and earthquake and earthquake won't do anything because, hey, he's flying, and I actually don't remember if sunshine has an effect.

really annoying because I can't level up any further until I beat the mission because that's the last one to go to the next world. ugh.

I love how the game plays otherwise. I saw a lot of initial reviews saying it was slow but it was slow on the SNES so that's not new. Maybe if you're used to DMC or Bayonetta it's slow? I'm old and don't have a lot of twitch left in me so it's fine.

Also been playing a bit of Blasphemous.
    Blasphemous is a Metroidvania action-adventure game taking place in the fictional region of Cvstodia. Players assume control of the Penitent One, a silent knight wielding a sword named Mea Culpa, as he travels the land in a pilgrimage.
    I honestly don't know what to think about this one yet. The imagery used is at times haunting and at times disgusting. Dude takes his big pointy hat off after killing the first enemy, collects blood from one of the wounds, and puts it back onto his head with the blood running out onto himself. the fuck?

But the combat is pretty good. There's some weirdness going on with the controls vs. what it says on the screen but I have to assume that I just didn't read it right, especially considering the filter I had on (I turned it off after realizing it made everything harder to read) and that I'm also playing it on the Lite.

Speaking of the Lite, Actraiser has some tiny tiny fonts that would be difficult on a television and the Lite makes me break out reading glasses.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I will say, that new Kirby is really intriguing and pulling on me. MH Xpac looks cool, but they need to get that out sooner than summer. MH Rise is a good game but it needs more endgame. I haven't played any of the Bayonetta series but it looks cool and makes me wonder if I should pick it up.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

we'll see.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Metroid Dread was absolutely fantastic. Maybe the hardest game Nintendo has made for a long time and definitely their best since Breathe of the Wild

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Hell yea. You inspired me to get an Anbernic and I haven't been able to do anything with it, for it is buried in my storage locker atm and in the middle of a move... It's killing me.

For fucks sake...
    (Edit: i'm sorry. I didn't see that you'd already bought one. I get manic as fuck sometimes.
    So, did you get an RG351P, M, V, or MP?)

WELL, dude, there are a LOT of Anbernics.

You want the RG351 series.
    Those are the ones that run the best, by FAR, especially if you get rid of the stock firmware and add 351Elec or ArkOS.
    DON'T order a 280 or a 350. Yeah, it might be cheap, but I recommend going $100 (including shipping) for a RG351.
    There's also an RG351V, that has traditional gameboy form factor, an RG351M which is metal, and the new RG351MP that's metal AND has a bigger screen.

Also, despite what some YouTubers and advertisers may say, NOTHING with this chipset will run N64 very well.
    They do everything up to, and including, PSX perfectly. The N64 is notoriously hard to emulate, though.

If it's a portable N64 you want, get a Retroid Pocket 2 (also $90-$100, shipping included.)
    But, be prepared to do some RetroArch tinkeringV,
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-10-2021 at 05:41 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The Metroid deluxe edition showed up and holy crap. I could brain someone with this thing! Gorgeous packaging but man I wasn't expecting it to be gigantic.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Metroid Dread was absolutely fantastic. Maybe the hardest game Nintendo has made for a long time and definitely their best since Breathe of the Wild

I have only played 5-6 hours but I absolutely love the game. I never played the DS Metroid game so the pursuer thing is new but It adds another layer that’s brilliant
    Last edited by Rdm; 10-12-2021 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Man, I am like a hair's breath away from buying it....

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wampa View Post
    Man, I am like a hair's breath away from buying it....
    you absolutely should it’s fucking amazing. If you liked super Metroid I promise you will like this game

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    you absolutely should it’s fucking amazing. If you liked super Metroid I promise you will like this game
    An update: I did it and even though I only got to play an hour, it is amazing! This is my first Metroid that I can remember, although I'm sure I played the one on NES or SNES and just didn't realize it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    oh no...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    The Metroid deluxe edition showed up and holy crap. I could brain someone with this thing! Gorgeous packaging but man I wasn't expecting it to be gigantic.
    Right? When it arrived I had no idea what it was. Even the inner casing has detailed art on it; exquisite detail! I don't even want to open the book out of the shrink wrap.

This is why emulation is so important...
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 10-15-2021 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Just finished Metroid dread - I can’t believe Nintendo had the guts to release a game this challenging. To me this game is better than breath of the wild. True masterpiece

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    after listening to the Nextlander discussion of it I think I'm going to wait until I'm done with Blasphemous before I try Metroid if only because I barely have the control scheme down in that game and I don't need to be confusing the two when I'm this close to beating the game.