Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm fucking ready for smash!
    my wife and i pre-ordered it the other day (i was worried about spending the money on it after buying so many x-mas presents for people but she said we could split it, woo!) and my best friend is coming in to town later this week so we're probably just going to play all weekend. i'm very excited!

also, new remaster of the original Katamari comes out for the switch this week! probably won't pick it up right away (again, money) but it'll be nice to have it on a newer system so i don't have to mess with my PS2.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm traditionally quite horrible at Smash games, but I did just finally pre-order after realizing I was sitting on about $40 in amazon credit. Plus there's a Prime offer for $10 credit, so that's nice. Lately I've been playing an awful lot of Lufia on SNES, so I need something to get me back to the 21st century at least lol.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I was pretty good back in the melee days. Didn't get a Wii so I only played Brawl and little bit and eventually fell off. I'm gonna try to play more often than I did the Wii U one.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I was pretty good back in the melee days. Didn't get a Wii so I only played Brawl and little bit and eventually fell off. I'm gonna try to play more often than I did the Wii U one.
    i actually don't like the N64 one, and i love the gamecube one. the wii one is...not great, and i play the wiiu one pretty regularly. so i'm very excited.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i actually don't like the N64 one, and i love the gamecube one. the wii one is...not great, and i play the wiiu one pretty regularly. so i'm very excited.
    I only played the N64 one a little bit. I was all about Melee. I'm not sure I don't really play the Wii U one tbh. It's not bad or anything. Probably just too lazy too hook up the console.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    It's almost 3am here, and I've been trying to marathon unlock all these bloody characters for the last few hours in the new smash game.
    I have a smash party tomorrow and i'm only at 45/72 of them...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    tested out the gamecube controller adapter on the switch starting with mario kart yesterday and i actually liked using the wavebird for it better than the switch controller haha

my best friend is in town, and one of my other good friends came over for dinner with us & my wife last night, and afterward the four of us played smash bros for a couple hours. my wife not only won a round but ALSO defeated a challenger and was so excited! (it wasn't the first time she's won a round but she really kicked ass and it made me so happy)

some of the new stuff in the game is great, some of it is weird, and i still absolutely hate whatever the wind gun is called that's from skyward sword because jesus fucking christ that thing is cheap as hell. i do love that you have to unlock almost all of the characters, though. it's nice to have a bit of a challenge.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

5279-5638-9484

My Switch code if it's needed for Smash, or if anyone just wants to add lol. I just played a few matches to get started on unlocking stuff. I'm overwhelmed with the vast amount of content!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my wife has been kicking my ass about 50% of the time in smash bros. and it's awesome. i have to break the habit of pointing out when she does something "wrong" though, because she doesn't give a shit and just wants to have fun. i need to let it go if she doesn't hit the right button at the right time and not make her feel bad about it or she'll stop wanting to play with me, and that would suck.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I've managed to unlock like 4 characters so far. I'm not even saying how many I've lost to. Go me lmao.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Every time a Smash Bros game come out I get super excited about it and but the most expensive version, then I start playing and remember how absolutely horrible I am at these games.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i know i’m way late to the party, but i got a switch for christmas and super mario odyssey has been blowing my mind. it’s a big deal to me because my most current console is a 2ds (which i still use a lot). i’m over a decade behind with my wii (also still use a lot for vintage games) and my ps3, which is basically just a blu-ray player at this point.

but even though this thing feels sturdy, i’m afraid i’ll damage it if i fuck with the joy cons too much. i got a costco bundle that came with a wireless pro controller and i haven’t figured out my preferred way of playing yet.
    Last edited by kel; 12-27-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^Yay! If you're playing in handheld a majority of the time, Hori makes a great cheap left joy-con alternative with a real D-pad. It can ONLY be used in handheld mode, but that's been my most convenient option so it's been awesome. I don't have a pro controller, but I have heard the d-pad isn't that great on it. For TV play, the joy-con grip that came with the system hasn't given me any problems.

I will say Smash looks amazing on our 75-inch, but the hubby monopolizes that a lot with his PS4 hah. I'm still waiting for him to play a round of Mario Kart of Party with me

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Nintendo Direct incoming tomorrow, 5pm eastern time featuring news about Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

Hearing rumors of Pikmin 3 and Metroid Prime Trilogy ports, as well as Super Mario Maker 2 and new 2D Zelda and Pokemon games. Excited!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Oh i forgot we are due a proper main line Pokemon game this this year! EXCITE!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Super Mario Maker 2 and a remake of of Legend of Zelda Links Awakening were announced. As well as BATTLE ROYALE TETRIS!!!!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    a remake of of Legend of Zelda Links Awakening ...
    genuinely exciting. and it looks incredible — very true to the original. anyone familiar enough with nintendo direct live streams have any guess as to when a date will be announced?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was literally screaming during the Mario Maker 2 reveal. I played the first one a lot, and didn't get a whole lot of traction as far as my star count and popularity, but I made some fun levels!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Nintendo is KILLING IT with this Direct, as they often do these days. They aren’t all a total knockout, but when they are, it’s like Christmas. Plus, can’t beat the “Remember that thing? Well, you can play it soo- RIGHT NOW” release model. I can’t wait to have my Switch back.

And fucking Tetris battle royale?? Who even came up with that?? Beyond intrigued.

*Buys FFIX for the 5th time*

Christ, AND a playable demo for Daemon X Machina?? Damn, man!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 02-13-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've played the Tetris. It's nuts. Bought ff9, again. Something about it being on a handheld with a big screen enticed me. 20 was a little steep, imo. I had some credit though so it ended up being 14, thankfully.

Joker in Smash end of April is great news as well.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Some good shit there, i'm very much interested in the Legend of Zelda remake (fun fact, link awakening is the only Zelda game i've played back on the GameBoy...i hated it, but mainly as i wasn't into RPG's when i was 8, so i think it's worth another go!)

No Pokemon announcement though

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I just pre-ordered all of DQXI, DQBuilders 2, and Assassin's Creed III. And bought FFIX quicker than I even knew what was going on. Take my money, Nintendo. All of it.

Tetris 99 was MAD fun last night.

Astral Chain looks, how do the kids say it, dope af.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i wish you could just play tetris without having to do the online aspect, since i don't have a switch online account and don't really wanna spend the money

my wife is super excited about link's awakening, as she prefers top-down zelda games. i'm excited because it's one i've never played! (i haven't really played any of the handheld console zelda titles as i never really had a handheld system for long any time i owned one)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    What makes Tetris 99 a battle royale? It looks like a fun multiplayer Tetris game, but what makes it specifically a battle royale? Cause I don't see it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    What makes Tetris 99 a battle royale? It looks like a fun multiplayer Tetris game, but what makes it specifically a battle royale? Cause I don't see it.
    Yes, I'd say it's absolutely a form of battle royale. There's 99 simultaneous players, competing in a shrinking game area (albeit not the same game area). You can even direct attacks at other players by getting combos and clearing multiple lines. Only one person is ultimately left standing. It's not a shooter, but it checks just about all the boxes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For those that have played Tetris 99, how do you perform direct attacks on other players? Couldn't find anything in the game regarding instructions or 'How To Play' tutorials.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I think you can use the Left analog stick to specifically target other boards, while the right analog stick can be hit either up, down, left or right to have your attacks have a pre-set target (random, attackers, badges, and KOs - there's the list in the upper middle of the screen)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Nintendo President Reggie Fils-Aime is retiring... His sucessor's name is Doug Bowser.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Nintendo announced a Direct for tomorrow at 6am pacific time. Something Pokemon related. Looking like we're getting a gen 8 reveal