Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    nintendo announced a direct for tomorrow at 6am pacific time. Something pokemon related. Looking like we're getting a gen 8 reveal
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Pokemon Sword and Shield announced, DAMN IT LOOKS GOOD! Like an actual JRPG now, not top down!

3 starters were the only things shown, but it WILL be out this year...also the Galar region looks like it's set on the UK...I'M SO HYPED FOR THIS!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Pokemon Sword and Shield announced, DAMN IT LOOKS GOOD! Like an actual JRPG now, not top down!

3 starters were the only things shown, but it WILL be out this year...also the Galar region looks like it's set on the UK...I'M SO HYPED FOR THIS!
    Yeah. Definitely getting UK/Europe vibes. Can't wait though. I think the names Sword and Shield are kind of lame though.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Yeah. Definitely getting UK/Europe vibes. Can't wait though. I think the names Sword and Shield are kind of lame though.
    I'm not over the Sun and Moon with them but i'll get over that...i wanna see the legendary's, wonder if they'll be based on Dragons?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I don't know which one to pre-order! Guhh, this looks freaking amazing.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I don't know which one to pre-order! Guhh, this looks freaking amazing.
    I'll wait to see which legendary's on on each one...but i'll be honest, i might get both!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Nindies Direct just happened. Cliffs notes version:

CUPHEAD coming April 18, pre-orders live today
    Overland coming this Fall
    My Friend Pedro coming in June
    Neo Cab coming this Summer
    The Red Lantern coming later this year
    Darkwood coming in May
    Katana Zero coming April 18
    RAD coming this Summer
    Creature in the Well coming this Summer
    Bloodroots coming this Summer
    Pine coming in August
    Super Crate Box coming in April
    Nuclear Throne out today
    Ultrabugs coming later this year
    Swim Sanity coming this Summer
    Blaster Master Zero II out today for $9.99
    Stranger Things 3: The Game coming July 4
    Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer feat. The Legend of Zelda coming this Spring
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 03-20-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Cuphead in 35 minutes... Really looking forward to the update (and addition to Switch). I also have the game from the Microsoft Store and GOG.com, which have yet to update.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I've been doing a lot of gaming lately for my switch.

I bought the Turok 1 remasted version a few weeks back, because why the fuck not! lol. That was the first shooter I ever played growing up on the N64. I played through the whole game, and can say it still holds up.

Been playing through the new Yoshi game co-op with my girlfriend as well. It's a fun game if you want to have nice easy video gaming experience with a significant other or other family member, but there isn't really much of a difficulty level. You can basically die as much as you want with little to no repercussions. Still, we're having fun with it together.

Another co-op game my girlfriend and I played and beat together recently as the new Toejam and Earl game. That game was quite challenging, but fun as well. Always loved the original. Was skeptical going into the new one at first, wasn't sure I liked the new cartoony graphics, but you really get used to it after a while and it grows on you.
    At first it feels like you are playing a really bad early 2000's flash game, but the game does have it's charm to it. I think I still prefer the original, but the new one was a much welcomed reboot that scratched my inner TJ&E fan. I'd say it's finally a true and proper sequel to the other games. You can discard the other entries in the series and go straight to this one.

Also picked up the Final Fantasy 9 digital remaster and a physical copy of the X/X-2 port as well. Have yet to try X/X-2 out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Cuphead in 35 minutes... Really looking forward to the update (and addition to Switch). I also have the game from the Microsoft Store and GOG.com, which have yet to update.
    I might re-buy cuphead for switch (already have it for xbox), but I'm waiting for a physical release with the DLC that is coming later this year.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Played cuphead earlier for the first time. It's awesome. Hard as hell.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Oh cool, I can get Cuphead on my Switch? There goes one of the last remaining reasons to get an Xbox

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yup. And it's apparently not the only Xbox game coming either. That Ori game is coming too.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Ori and the Blind Forest is coming to Switch too? Well, officially, there goes the other reason I was considering picking up an Xbox. Thank god. And maybe now I don't need to sell my Switch, which I was seriously considering.

Next thing you'll tell me Sea of Thieves is coming out on Switch
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-19-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Ori and the Blind Forest is coming to Switch too? Well, officially, there goes the other reason I was considering picking up an Xbox. Thank god. And maybe now I don't need to sell my Switch, which I was seriously considering.

Not sure about that haha. I had heard about Cuphead and Ori awhile back. And now we have cuphead. Not sure if we're getting anymore than that or what could be next.

Apart from those two, Quantum Break is the only other Xbox game is really want to play. Not much else tbh.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

I have to unfortunately keep my xbox for when the new Battletoads game comes out later this year... It's literally been collecting dust since I beat cuphead like a year and a half ago... I haven't booted it up since.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I have to unfortunately keep my xbox for when the new Battletoads game comes out later this year... It's literally been collecting dust since I beat cuphead like a year and a half ago... I haven't booted it up since.
    Cuphead was such a blast when I played through it on Switch last week! I didn't really think it was all that difficult overall (just in a few spots), but I also didn't A or S-rank everything, and honestly I have no intention to haha.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Cuphead was such a blast when I played through it on Switch last week! I didn't really think it was all that difficult overall (just in a few spots), but I also didn't A or S-rank everything, and honestly I have no intention to haha.
    Did you play the xbox version before playing the switch version? Are there differences? I do want to get it on switch eventually, but I'm a physical media collector. So, I'm waiting for a retail version to buy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Did you play the xbox version before playing the switch version? Are there differences? I do want to get it on switch eventually, but I'm a physical media collector. So, I'm waiting for a retail version to buy.
    I haven't ever played the game previously, but I'm pretty sure it's the exact same game as before. Or at least the same game with the new update that it recently had? The Switch version launched with those already on it (Mugman being a single-player playable character, whom I used; new cut-scene animations; more languages and quicker load times, etc).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://www.nintendo.com/games/detai...bundle-switch/

The Capcom Beat-em-up Bundle is on sale for $11.99 right now. This has been on my radar, so I might bite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    https://www.nintendo.com/games/detai...bundle-switch/

The Capcom Beat-em-up Bundle is on sale for $11.99 right now. This has been on my radar, so I might bite.
    I bought it when it came out and I love it. It might be a little laggy if you play online with someone.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    POKEMON SWORD AND SHIELD NEWS!

So first gyms are now football stadiums, and you'll battle the gym leader while using "Dynamax" (which basically makes you pokemon the size of a house for 3 turns). The open world sections "wild lands" will have a fully controllable camera for the first time, and pokemon will roam like in Lets Go. You'll also have raid bosses, where you'll team up with 4 other players to take down a Dynamax'd wild pokemon (i'm not sure about this feature)

6 new poke's were shown, Wooloo (a sheep) Gossfleur (a flower that evolves into a dandelion) Drednaw (a turtle) and Coriknight (a badass cross/knight looking thing!)
    The 2 legendarys were shown and...yep, they're just 2 dogs, one with a shield for a head and sif...i mean a dog with a sword in its mouth (they look...kinda rubbish personally, but then i was hoping for a dragon type)

Oh and the professor looks like the queen lol

And that's it. Oh it's out November 15th worldwide!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Hyperventilating. Breath of the Wild sequel in development. omg. omg. Hold me, someone. lol.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK so some potentially 'bad' news for Pokemon Sword and Shield.

Pokemon not from the Galar region will not be able to be transferred into S&S from pokemon home. This is due to a change in policy at Game Freak, they will no longer have Pokemon that do not fit the adventure they are showing for the games. Pokemon not from the Galar region will NOT BE CODED INTO THE GAME, and they have no plans to do so!

...this really blows, especially for me as the one thing i loved most about the games was being able to collect them all, but it now looks like most of my collection will be stuck in Sun and Moon This has really dented my hype for it. I get why they are doing this, they'll be close to 1000 pokemon with S&S, so continuing to code them all in is probably too much work. Instead the Pokemon Home will be a hub for all of them for you to move the ones you can use to each new release...but this still really sucks!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Anyone hacking the 3DS family of systems? i softmodded a DS Lite, and, loved it so much that i ALSO softmodded one for my wife, brother, and niece.

Refurbished 2DS XLs are going for like, $50, straight from nintendo, and now, i'm thinking about getting into that. But, when i look at gbatemp, good GOD, i don't know where i'd start: the tech is kind of over my head. I mean, i could DO it if someone were to show me exactly which tutorial to follow and such- hence why i'm asking you guys.

Sorry if this is something i shouldn't be discussing here.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Can someone tell me how in the fuck to do a "power slide turbo boost" on Mario Kart DS?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Can someone tell me how in the fuck to do a "power slide turbo boost" on Mario Kart DS?
    If memory serves from Mario Kart 64, you jump whilst turning to start sliding. The longer you slide the better the boost (this might have changed with newer games?)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    hold the "drift" button (should be R) as you're going around a curve. keep holding it and tap the stick in the other direction briefly and then go back to holding the direction you're going around the curve. repeat one more time (i think?) and your sparks will change color each time. then let go of the drift button and you will get a boost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone excited for Super Mario Maker 2 tomorrow? I am especially since I didn't have a WiiU when the first one came out. Seems like they're throwing everything but the kitchen sink in this version.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm curious to try it. Never played the first one. Not huge into creating.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    Anyone excited for Super Mario Maker 2 tomorrow? I am especially since I didn't have a WiiU when the first one came out. Seems like they're throwing everything but the kitchen sink in this version.
    Same. I didn't play the first one. But the new one looks bad ass.