Yeah poor Nintendo seems to have lost its way a bit. I didnt even realize the Wiiu came out for a while, and when I did find out, I wasn't sure it was an entirely new system. I honestly thought it was a app or upgrade for the Wii or that it was something to do with the 3ds? It was a stupid time for a release with a stupid name, a brutal marketing campaign and as previously mentioned, no decent launch titles (as seems to be the case with all systems - why I havent snagged the PS4 yet). It also to my knowledge isn't backward compatible, which is stupid to begin with, but even more so if you are going to use the same name of the system prior, at least for Nintendo which as always had unique names, unlike the Playstation which is just numerical.

The game are actually good, and it's a shame because they were pretty good for the Wii too. It was also the worst time possible for them to try the Year of Luigi, which in my mind could have worked if they timed it right and marketed it properly.

I think they could strongly benefit from a new system refresh in the next couple years, with a new name, and a return to form with what makes Nintendo great.

Call it the Nintendo Dolphin or something unique, and give it a very basic controller style. Create a kickass marketing campaign, and give it a bunch of awesome launch titles like 2 Mario one player Games (one main game for everyone, plus a more challenging game like an RPG), a Zelda game, a Donkey Kong game, A Smash Bros, a Mario Kart, a Mario Party, a Metroid, a Kirby, and some next level Pokemon game to start.

Mario Kart 8 might be stellar, but for the system to have been out a couple years and have no Mario kart game is just ridiculous. I've been coasting on just the Wii and it's been fine as an offset to my Ps3, so I'm not gonna go drop 300 bones for a WiiU now just to play this game even though I really want to. If I felt like there was a new system with a new push behind it and it had a ton of stuff to offer, I'd highly consider it. Even though I want to play Tropical Freeze and Super Luigi Bros and a couple more too, it just doesn't make sense for me to do it now years later, especially at that price point.