Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Is it just me but do the joycon grips suck. They feel nice but are an absolute bitch to take off with the fear of breaking something.
    The wrist band/plastic part that goes on top of each joycon? Fuck yes, that thing blows. I somehow put in on the wrong way and had a bitch of a time getting it to come off.

The actual joycon grip unit that both individual joycons connect to seems to be much better, but I don't think I've attempted to remove it yet.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    The wrist band/plastic part that goes on top of each joycon? Fuck yes, that thing blows. I somehow put in on the wrong way and had a bitch of a time getting it to come off.

The actual joycon grip unit that both individual joycons connect to seems to be much better, but I don't think I've attempted to remove it yet.
    The actual grip is great. But those plastic ones are garbage. They look and feel great. But I'm worried about breaking something.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Sold out, SOLD OUT. Who ever is in charge of market research for nintendo needs to die in a fire.
    fact.

this has been going on a long time.

most recently the nes mini nonsense. in january i tried to find a 2ds because, and i'm not kidding, i broke my 3ds in half during a weird sleepwalking incident. i just wanted to to play my ambassador games. best buy, walmart, target, nothing in stock. the guy at best buy even said they "weren't allowed" to order more.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That's some bullshit

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so I guess when these things get back in stock, I'll be paying 360 bucks to play the new Zelda game. Yay, thanks Nintendo. Once again, buying a piece of hardware to play one, MAYBE two games.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    so I guess when these things get back in stock, I'll be paying 360 bucks to play the new Zelda game. Yay, thanks Nintendo. Once again, buying a piece of hardware to play one, MAYBE two games.
    I thought fuck it, and picked up a used Wii U instead for £120 and BotW. At least then I get to play the other... two or three games I wanted to check out. I've only got a small TV so it wasn't like the 900p - 720p difference is a huge one. Its freaking pretty anyway. I'll hold off on the Switch until.. whenever some more interesting (for me) things come out..

In other news my experience of the Wii U is totally mixed. It is so... not user friendly.. despite how many times it wants to check if you need an adult to help you..

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    you could get a WiiU instead which is AWESOME and play it on there. just sayin'.

meanwhile, i was supposed to get my copy of the new zelda (for WiiU) on release date, but it didn't actually ship until today, so it will be coming tomorrow. blugh.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    you could get a WiiU instead which is AWESOME and play it on there. just sayin'.
    For me, the visual difference between the two versions is very jarring. The WiiU version is very muted with the colors, followed by inferior details. I would shell out the extra couple of bucks and go for the Switch version... plus, some of the prices for a WiiU are still ludicrous.

I am waiting a decent amount of time before I jump on the switch train. With the lack of launch games, next to the backlog of games I have on my PS4... I'm going with the backlog I have for now. I'm thinking closer to the holidays is when I'll nab one of these and fall in love with Zelda all over again. As for the NES classic, I was lucky enough to get one off ebay for 90 bucks . The average price skyrocketed literally a day after I ordered it due to that story about them discontinuing the console all together. Fucking Nintendo.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    yep... fucking Nintendo...

I think I might just do that and grab a Wii U... that way I can still go through Xenoblade and X... I can deal with some crappy graphics. I don't play Nintendo games for graphics anyway.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    For me, the visual difference between the two versions is very jarring. The WiiU version is very muted with the colors, followed by inferior details. I would shell out the extra couple of bucks and go for the Switch version... plus, some of the prices for a WiiU are still ludicrous.

I am waiting a decent amount of time before I jump on the switch train. With the lack of launch games, next to the backlog of games I have on my PS4... I'm going with the backlog I have for now. I'm thinking closer to the holidays is when I'll nab one of these and fall in love with Zelda all over again. As for the NES classic, I was lucky enough to get one off ebay for 90 bucks . The average price skyrocketed literally a day after I ordered it due to that story about them discontinuing the console all together. Fucking Nintendo.

I would never trust whatever IGN says because I feel that they are one of the worst sites out there.

try that for comparison as its release footage and they kinda come pretty close with the switch having a little more detail.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Word on the interwebs is that there finally is emulation of the wii u on pc.
    check out cemu.
    Edit: Word is its going to take a while for Zelda BOTW to be playable.

Last edited by ziltoid; 03-05-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Loving my Switch and Zelda.

The difference in quality between the Wii U and Switch is a vast chasm. Nintendo got it (mostly) right this time.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I would never trust whatever IGN says because I feel that they are one of the worst sites out there.

try that for comparison as its release footage and they kinda come pretty close with the switch having a little more detail.
    Eh, I never had any problems with IGN. It's a bit different in comparison, but everything just seems brighter and more crisp on the switch. Comes down to preference pretty much for me. At least we can look forward to newer games with the switch.

EDIT: Nevermind with the link I provided, they just posted an updated comparison today reflecting the one you posted .
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 03-05-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Thought about getting the switch when it came out.
    But as history showed there are always some flaws with the first generation of consoles.
    Guess I'll get mine later this year even though I really want Zelda. Have to play older games on my DS for now.
    But it looks awesome <3

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm not going to say BOTW is the best game ever, but this is the most fun I've had with a Zelda game in ages. I can't get over how expansive the game map is. And you can virtually go anywhere. I'm pretty much overwhelmed with everything that there is to see and do.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I'm about five hours in and I don't think I'll need a new game for the rest of the year. It's astounding.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    So when you put the cart in what happens, does the game actually install or all the data remains on the cart? and if it does install provided you have expanded memory can you actually choose where to install it?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Plays from the cart.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    http://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-...e-16gb-launch/

This is an older article from last October but it sounds like the carts have a 16gb capacity (32gb potentially)?

Do Nintendo just have crazy compression methods or more efficient file systems? seems ridiculously small if Breath of the Wild is as immense of a game as people are saying it is, it boggles my mind how they'd be able to pull something like that off under 40GB+ these days. Although i guess something like Zelda since the textures are cartoony and not super detailed like GTA V that probably cuts down heavily on the size of it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've got to be doing something wrong. I'm getting murdered constantly. Some enemies are just one-shotting me. I can't even make it to a dungeon. Is there gear I'm missing out on? What am I doing wrong?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I've got to be doing something wrong. I'm getting murdered constantly. Some enemies are just one-shotting me. I can't even make it to a dungeon. Is there gear I'm missing out on? What am I doing wrong?
    While you can go anywhere you like, have you followed the main quest up until around the first village or two? I found as soon as I wander off the path, that is when problems started, but I got off the plateau and to the first village with a mix of stealth and such. The Shrines along the way will unlock a few really useful abilities too. I also learnt that the camps usually have barrels around them, which oft get thrown in your direction, unless of course.. you blow them up first...

Thing I noticed in what I've played so far is the enemy encounters / camps are a lot like MGSV... with swords n arrows...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've probably done more towers and shrines than main quest. Atm, I'm in the Zora area. I'm on the path. There's baddies with lightning arrows, some just one shot me. I just feel like I'm probably weaker than I should be. Not sure what I should do, tbh.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    The game's designed to be like that. There's a recommended path, the main one, but the intent was to make a bunch of areas out there that the player won't be ready for (like visiting Death Mountain in Z1 right away, for example), but will always be free to explore at their own risk. Though if you're on the main gameplay path (you're further ahead than I am) that's a little distressing, but not surprising. I got one-shotted by Blue Bokoblins on the plateau a few times, lol

You're not doing anything wrong, you might just not be ready to be where you are yet. Hunt about for armor or maybe try and cook something that nullifies lightning damage? Maybe nail a few more shrines to boost your stats a bit? There's always a way.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Word on the interwebs is that there finally is emulation of the wii u on pc.
    check out cemu.
    This is the best news I've heard in ages. I've only done minor research - does it actually play legit discs, or is it literally just for "backups"? I have a Wii and a 360 and enough games between them that I don't want a new console, but I really want to play Mario Kart 8. I have absolutely no qualms buying the game, but I can't justify over $200 for a console just to play a single game. It would be amazing to just plop it in the computer and play (and yes, I do have a BD drive in my desktop).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    This is the best news I've heard in ages. I've only done minor research - does it actually play legit discs, or is it literally just for "backups"? I have a Wii and a 360 and enough games between them that I don't want a new console, but I really want to play Mario Kart 8. I have absolutely no qualms buying the game, but I can't justify over $200 for a console just to play a single game. It would be amazing to just plop it in the computer and play (and yes, I do have a BD drive in my desktop).
    i have mario kart 8 for my wiiU and i can tell you it's a hell of a lot of fun. i think my only complaint is that the battle mode is one the regular courses, not in special arenas, but that's a pretty small gripe.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Unfortunately the way the Wii U reads discs is literally spinning the disc backwards from a conventional drive so the only way to rip games is to use a hacked console connected to a pc.
    While I don't know exactly how to rip games as long as you own a legit copy of a game you can legally download a copy of the internet as a "backup". Then you can use Cemu to play the game (if it is currently supported).
    Check out this video it explains almost everything.

Playing Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze at 4k is truly amazing I can't wait to try other games.
    Also this website let's people know if a certain game is playable in cemu at the moment.
    http://compat.cemu.info/

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Did you see happened to the Zelda Amiibos? Just yesterday the prices for the skyrocketed because people found out they drop rare items in BotW.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I really don't get the whole amiibo thing. I only have one. It's cool, but I don't get the obsession. I have the wolf link one. He warps in and follows along with me.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Breath of the Wild Amiibo
    •Archer Link – Acquire a rare bow or a few types of food.
    •Horserider Zelda – Get special swords and saddles. Also gives players food items.
    •Zelda – Acquire the Hylean Shield. Also gives food items.
    •Guardian – Get special weapons and arrows. One of the possible arrows can one-hit guardians. Also gives food items.
    •Bokoblin – Drops powerful clubs, food items and elixir.
    Smash Bros. Amiibo
    •Link – On the first use, get Epona. Other uses spawn weapons, armor and even pieces for the green tunic outfit.
    •Zelda – Bows, gems, herbs and vegetable can be acquired with this Amiibo. Also, players have a rare chance in getting the Twilight Bow.
    •Ganondorf – A chance at getting powerful claymore type weapons, food items, arrows and monster parts. Players will also have a small chance at getting the Sword of the Six Sages claymore.
    •Sheik – Get shield, swords, elemental mushrooms and arrows with this Amiibo. Also rarely drops the Sheik’s Mask.
    Other Zelda Amiibo
    •Wolf Link – Spawn Wolf Link as a companion. It will have three Hearts to start with but can be increased by playing Twilight Princess’ Cave of Shadows. If Wolf Link dies, tap Amiibo again to spawn the companion.
    •8 – Bit Link – Drops barrels full of rupees and a chest. The chest can contain weapons, shields and arrows. Also drops the Hero equipment set.
    •Ocarina of Time Link – Drops meat and weapons. Can also drop the unique Time equipment set.
    •Toon Link – Drop fish and a few gear. Also gives a chance to get the special Armor of Wind set. Can also drop the Seabreeze Boomerang rarely.
    •Toon Zelda – Drops herbs, vegetables, and games. Will also drop Hero’s Shield rarely.
    There are a ton of bonuses in store for those who try out the Zelda Breath of the Wild Amiibo features. Players can get a ton of exclusive items and even outfit Link in one of the few green tunics. For fans of the game, the Zelda Breath of the Wild Amiibo functions are definitely worth looking into.
    Looks like a lot of stuff, especially Epona.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Guess I played Cave of Shadows. Wolf Link spawns with about 20 hearts for me.