Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    will the switch be capable of playing the games from the WiiU? or is there no backwards compatibility?
    Well, considering MK8 is an 'upgrade' and Splatoon '2' looks like Splatoon 1 I'm going to say that not playing WiiU games is a more-than-likely scenario. Remember paying $1.99 to 'upgrade' your virtual console games from Wii to WiiU? Oh boy!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Well, considering MK8 is an 'upgrade' and Splatoon '2' looks like Splatoon 1 I'm going to say that not playing WiiU games is a more-than-likely scenario. Remember paying $1.99 to 'upgrade' your virtual console games from Wii to WiiU? Oh boy!
    actually, no, i don't remember getting that option. i have to go into the wii menu on the wiiu to get to my wii virtual console games (which is annoying)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I still can't get over 70-80 bucks for accessories. That's ridiculous.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The accessories' prices are god-awful. It's really bizarre how Nintendo seems to have no idea that absolutely nobody wants anything to do with motion controls or games based on them -- a simple focus group would reveal this to them.

I'm pretty bummed since my son basically usurped the Wii-U from me and was hoping that the Nintendo Switch could hold me over, but there doesn't seem to be any backwards compatibility with Wii-U titles and waiting around for the Virtual Console to remedy this via drip feed over the course of years will only raise my blood pressure. What is it with consoles these days being pushed out the door with virtually no exclusive launch titles? FFS.
    Last edited by Aladdinsanity; 01-13-2017 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That new Square-Enix game, Project Octopath Traveler, looked really nice. Also Xenoblade 2 looks great. Dragon Quest X and XI better not be Japan-only, but I'm sure they will be. Major bummer to have to wait almost the entire year for Mario Odyssey too, but at least Zelda is right out of the gate.

The Treehouse webcast today made the system look a lot better than last night's presentation - some random games in particular like Snipperclips and Has-Been Heroes looked pretty unique and fun. 1-2 Switch looks like it could be entertaining for get-togethers, but is that really worth $50? That should be included with the system. There's really a ton of potential here, but it's probably going to take a while to be fully realized, and Nintendo needs to really bring it to stay alive.

Also, those neon blue/red colors are fucking hideous.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    This video pretty much sums up how I feel about nintendo.
    That and the frustration on the unreleased Mother 3.
    Fuck, how hard can it be to release an old game, it's not like it tied up with licensing issues.

And I also somewhat agree with Jim's thoughts on the Switch.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think the game was just poorly presented. Stuff I've seen today is a lot better. The presentation was focused too much on being gimmicky.

I'm probably going to preorder.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    This article sums up everything that was revealed in the Switch event: http://kotaku.com/everything-we-know...ing-1791137531
    Anyone else getting a Lego game kind of vibe from Super Mario Odyssey?
    The battery life is unfortunately abysmal.
    The accessories are expensive, the launch lineup is sad, the amount of storage is laughable and charging for online play that has not been completely defined is ridiculous.
    At least the console is region free and I like the docking and pick up and go concept.
    I'm disappointed in the Switch so far, it's wait and see for me at the moment.

Hopefully overtime the console will get better and I hope they mention backwards compatibility soon with the Wii, Wii U and the 3DS.
    Nintendo Switch Is Not Backwards Compatible With Physical 3DS or Wii U Games
    Since BC is out of the question for physical games I hope at least all the digital games will be backwards compatible.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    The "free" NES and SNES game incentive for their online service is kind of hilarious.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    More like temporary. Free for the month then no mas. I caved the preordered though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Supposedly the Switch Online will be free for the first several months after system launch, so there's that. Online competitive/co-op play for NES/SNES titles is fucking win, I don't care how archaic and old that makes me sound.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 01-13-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Not impressed whatsoever. I really felt as if I was watching a Wii reveal once the motion control segment came around. There is barely enough here to even think about purchasing this with the exception of Zelda, and mayyybe Xenoblade. Nintendo needs new IP's desperately, and I find it a bit odd as to why Skyrim is scheduled for the fall instead of it being ready at launch. I really hope we get a new F-Zero and Metroid as well. With a lukewarm reception, and rumors already arising about PS3 and Xbox360 ports for FIFA on switch, everything here just seems very underwhelming. Plus, the prices for the controllers are atrocious.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    When I was at gamestop, they tried to upsell me an accessory. I laughed in their face. I think the main issue is how they're pushing the system, which is wrong and very outdated. They were more focused on gimmicks. Like, what's the interface like? Why did they waste so much time talking about the controller and just announce the other games later as if it were nothing? Their marketing is extremely flawed.

I also think they rushed the system out too early. Whatever games that are in development for it are clearly no where near ready except for Zelda. I'm hoping once they get over that hurdle (probably by fall). A lot of people are already considering it a possible failure. And that they're repeating almost all of the same mistakes they made for the Wii U (which I really like).

It all comes down to their marketing. Maybe they need some outside help. Because there's a definite disconnect between innovation and what the people actually and don't want.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    The thing is, Nintendo has been known to do this from time to time when there is a hot item, and they haven't been available for the customers in a decent rate, even after the second shipment. There is no reason why this should have happened. For what it is, I should be able to go buy one right now. People waiting in long lines, crashing sites, being sold out in minutes... just a bit ridiculous. It's almost as if Nintendo sold concert tickets. The second shipment will be minuscule, I'm calling it.
    I'm still not even aware of any kind of official second shipment for the NES Classic, but I got the heads up that Best Buy's site had it showing as in stock yesterday afternoon, so I hopped on it. It says it's in the shipping process, but I'll believe it when it gets delivered. It's probably not going to get much use and I'm already slightly regretting the knee-jerk reaction to purchase it. That's probably Nintendo's main tactic, honestly.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tomorrow is the big day! Anyone pre-ordered? I for one am incredibly excited. The Switch is the reason I didn't mind the delays for the physical component.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Got my NES Classic Mini finally

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Zelda is getting incredible reviews...some are saying it's the best game ever made.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Zelda is getting incredible reviews...some are saying it's the best game ever made.

Im sure it's good but best game ever made? Pshhh right.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I'll know soon. I'm getting my copy tonight but might not have my Switch until Monday.

It BURNS.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Amazon shipped out my grey Switch, Zelda, and Bomberman games out last night, and now it's in the hands of the trustworthy USPS. Scheduled to come tomorrow, it left Whitestown, IN last night and there's no further updates yet. Please don't go through Allen Park, MI. That place is a fucking black hole in the mail system.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've got the limited edition of Zelda ordered.
    But waiting on the SWITCH.

Hoping a METROID game is announced soon.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    My gamestop is giving out stickers for the launch at six. Off in an hour, gym, then fuck off until then. Then I go back at 1130 for the launch.

Is there a zelda that hasn't gotten a perfect score? I know Ocarina and Twilight Princess did. IGN gave the new one a 10 as well.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I preordered the Switch and Breath of the Wild from Gamestop and paid for day one delivery, which means it's supposed to ship today. But I've yet to get a shipping notice. Starting to get anxious about it!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm usually stoked about a new Nintendo console release, but I'm gonna hold out on buying this one for now. The only games I am interested in at this time are Bomberman and Street Fighter 2 Ultra, and I'm not rushing out to buy a $400 console to play a couple Super Nintendo re-vamps, lol. I'll wait for the holiday season when Mario Odyssey and/or a decent holiday packed bundle becomes available. I have no interest in Zelda, so there literally is no incentive for me to run out and try and find a console at this point.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Zelda is very interesting. You can't just run around and fight randomly anymore. Gotta worry about your resources. Only got about an hour in, but it's pretty co so far. Kinda regretting not bringing it with me to work (I caved and bought a case).

The joycons actually feel a lot better than I was expecting. The docked controller feels good too, despite how cramped and odd I think it looks. Firmware is as bare as it gets.

Overall, it's pretty cool.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Is it just me but do the joycon grips suck. They feel nice but are an absolute bitch to take off with the fear of breaking something.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    New Zelda is awesome. No more hand holding, total freedom. Very challenging. So good

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Sold out, SOLD OUT. Who ever is in charge of market research for nintendo needs to die in a fire.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Sold out, SOLD OUT. Who ever is in charge of market research for nintendo needs to die in a fire.
    Haha I mean, if you're trying to buy a new console the day after it releases you're gonna have a bad time.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I mean, I didnt have problems with consoles selling out before. Its just Nintendo is notorious for not having enough of anything. It screws people out of enjoying their product.