Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    It also to my knowledge isn't backward compatible, which is stupid to begin with, but even more so if you are going to use the same name of the system prior, at least for Nintendo which as always had unique names,
    The Wii U is backwards compatible. It has a Wii mode. All the Wii shop games and Wii games can be played through it. All the Wii controllers, Wii balance board and sensor bars work with the Wii U too.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Well that's good to know at least I could've sworn I heard it wasn't but clearly I didn't look into it well enough.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, I swore I wouldn't get a Wii U, but the Mario Kart addict in me couldn't resist. My pre-order of the Mario Kart 8 Bundle has been made. It includes a second controller and download code for another top tier game, so it looks to be a decent value. The game library is pretty limited, but between Mario Kart, Mario 3D world, New Super Mario Bros. U, and whatever new Zelda and Metroid games pop up in the future, I figure it's worth the investment. Besides, my Wii is on its last legs, so if nothing else, I can use it to revisit those games.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I am LOVING Mario Kart 8! The online is pretty darn good too. A group of us played for 6 hours last night with no drops. Such a blast!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Smash Bros is looking real, real fucking good.

Always sucked at Mario Kart. But the wife wants it... Soooooo

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Mario Kart 8 is just a fucking blast with four players. This may be the best one yet, though thats based on only a couple days experience.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Since when did Green Shells become useful for anything except being a 'shield'? I've played pretty much every game in the series (apart from the one on 3DS) and I don't recall having my shit ruined by green shells anywhere near as often as I have in 8.

Still a ridiculous amount of fun though!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, this thread has been quite quiet considering all the awesome announcements at E3 this year. So much awesome to report, i'll just say i'm most excited for the new Star Fox game. Been waiting for a new one for years. And looks like it's going back to the roots of flying planes, none of that running around on foot crap.

Also, this is hilarious:

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    Yeah poor Nintendo seems to have lost its way a bit. I didnt even realize the Wiiu came out for a while, and when I did find out, I wasn't sure it was an entirely new system. I honestly thought it was a app or upgrade for the Wii or that it was something to do with the 3ds?
    Dude, i had the exact same experience. I'm a smart guy, and i thought the wii u was some kind of peripheral or something for a LONG fucking time.

I was going to make a nintendo thread if there wasn't one. I am a total nintendo fanboy...i remember playing SMB for the first time better than i remember my first lay.
    I have bought every nintendo system including the virtual boy (up to the 3ds and wiiu.)
    I was raised on nintendo. it's in my fucking blood and i LOVE it. I have four nintendo t shirts.
    I've been looking at wiiu games on youtube, and hell if they aren't fucking BEAUTIFUL. I want it REALLY bad but i don't have the money. In my adult life i've always stayed one generation behind...i got my Gamecube for $25. And every payday i would go buy a couple used games at an average price of about six bucks. I LOVED it.
    I'm also an old school gaming nut, and my wii is soft modded. I play super nintendo games more than wii games, and, oddly enough, i play a SHITLOAD of GBA games. They look GREAT on the big screen.

That being said, i am afraid nintendo may be in trouble. The wii u just isn't selling, and from what i've read, lowering the price would just about bankrupt the company. Also, nintendo has made most of its profits with handhelds if i'm not mistaken, and dedicated handhelds are going to be extinct REALLy soon, due to tablets and even phones.

I hope they don't fall off...it would honestly break my heart.

What i hope nintendo does is kind of like what you are saying...they need to bring the motherfucking heat.
    They have lagged graphically and whatnot for awhile. I swear to god they got lucky with the wii because when i saw that controller, i just KNEW nintendo was fucked.

I want a new nintendo that is technically as good as XBOX and PS.
    Call it the Nintendo (not entertainment system.)
    Just Nintendo.
    Have it be as good as, or damn close to as good as, anything on the market, but make it a shitload cheaper...i know they can do it, i just fucking know it.
    And like you said, a simple control setup. And yes, bad ass launch titles. I also think that nintendo could benefit from getting back into 2D or 2.5 D games.
    Drop a traditional mario game with 200 levels and unbelievable graphics, a metroid game in the same vein..2.5d like other M, with a world so massive it will take months to explore. Bring it with the best zelda game of all time. And make a massive Symphony of the Night sequel, and maybe even resurrect megaman, contra, punchout, shit, even RC Pro Am.

My girl and i debated the future of Nintendo last night and she is afraid that this wiiu thing may be their swan song.
    I am hoping and praying that it isn't.

There are many of us of a certain age for whom nintendo was the holy fucking grail...those of us who were there in the beginning. I was born in 1980. Mario, Zelda, Metroid...they are like friends that i've had all my fucking life. ANY mario game is like a nice old pair of jeans, familiar and comforting.

I hope to god they can pull out of this.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    You know what I would love? A Mario shooter. You could still kid it up, call it Mario Paint Ball or something, but model it on the classic Goldeneye 64 engine. Doesn't necessarily have to be a first person shooter, but think of all the cool scenarios, levels, characters, and weapons you could create for that world. It would be a thing of fuckin beauty.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So Bayonetta 2's review embargo lifted today and it's been fucking killing it! Edge gave it their 17th ever perfect 10/10 and Gamespot (yup...gamespot!) also scored it their 8th ever perfect 10 score.

I'm not usually one to care for reviews too much or even this type of game, but this is important for Nintendo and especially with Smash Bros U coming just around the corner it's gonna be a hell of a christmas for them. In terms of the amount of quality games available on the system, it's extremely easy to see Nintendo are leading the way at the moment for this gen. Some of my favorite games in the last year have been Pikmin 3, Windwaker HD, DKC:Tropical Freeze, Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Child of Light & Hyrule Warriors. So many good games and Wii U prices/deals are better than ever, fingers crossed for a strong holiday in sales.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Nintendo sure is keeping a tight lid on things these days. Just what the hell is the NX?

Is it a console?

Is it a handheld?

Is it a stream gaming service?

Is it a VR device?

Is it a waffle iron?

Is it all of the above?

Wasn’t some of the initial problem with the Wii U that they just didn’t market the thing well? Few people understood what the Wii U was, and what it could do. C’mon Nintendo, communicate better this time!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Nintendo sure is keeping a tight lid on things these days. Just what the hell is the NX?
    my guess is that it's a handheld that you can plug into the tv.

i'm fairly certain that it's gonna be SOME kind of console...not just a streaming service.

here is some info i found http://www.wired.com/2015/03/nintendo-nx-analysis/

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Hey, does anyone collect the Amiibo figures? I bought my Zelda WiiU about a month and a half ago and made the mistake of buying my first Bowser Amiibo for SSB. Now my collection looks like this......

and for anyone having hand cramping issues with the old WiiMotes, I highly recommend the BOSS controller. It reminds me of the old SNES controller and works flawlessly. You can find these on eBay for $6.99 which is a steal!

and finally (sorry, I lost posting pictures as of late) I cannot recommend this game enough! It's pretty simple, but at the same time a blast. Amiibo figures will also unlock special weapons and what not. If you had any doubts about this game, rest assured that its fun as hell.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Hey, does anyone collect the Amiibo figures? I bought my Zelda WiiU about a month and a half ago and made the mistake of buying my first Bowser Amiibo for SSB. Now my collection looks like this......

I collect Amiibo. I'm probably only missing about 10.

My wife loves Hyrule Warriors.

Is anyone playing Super Mario Maker? I've made a few levels that are pretty tough.
    Ghost House FA78-0000-003D-6DC2
    Castle Stage 5D5B-0000-0048-A5B2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm currently playing SuperMario Brothers Wii U with my gf and it's a blast.
    Looking to get a few old Zelda's and play them as well.

Surprised by the lack of Metroid on the Wii U but hopefully things turn around on the NX or whatever that is. I think that Nintendo tryed to do a Wii U and jump start on the competition when maybe they could have put a bit more power into the console. But it depends on what you want from the console basically. I'm finding its lacking a lot of the support and titles the Wii had. And it's not getting much support from third parties.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, those Amiibo's are nothing but trouble. I told myself I wasn't going to buy into that craze, then I decided to take the plunge last winter and buy 1 for my Smash Bros. game just to see how it worked... Next thing you know 1 turned into like 10... There are a few that have been high on my list to get, but they are the ones that everyone wants and are going for exorbitantly high prices now.

Mario Maker is also a very fun and addicting game. I find I like the level creating aspect more than playing the levels. But It's still fun to play other levels from time to time.
    With the upcoming update that is going to include checkpoints, I am sure that is going to make playing some of those levels a lot easier. I've created my fair share of levels, some quite hard, but even ones I don't consider very difficult have very low completion rating... I'm too lazy to go turn my system on to collect the codes, but next time I do, I'll post the codes for the levels I created here.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Say, what's up y'all?

I have homebrew on my wii and backup copies of all my nes and snes games.
    What i want to do is be able to back up wii games so i can play them off a usb stick.
    The tutorials are contradictory and i'm not having much luck.
    If anyone knows for sure how to do this, PLEASE pm me!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Project AM2R, a fan-made remake of Metroid II 8 years in development, is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

Nintendo are well within their rights to issue DMCAs, as they have, but holy god, it's not like they're doing anything worthwhile with the franchise.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Project AM2R, a fan-made remake of Metroid II 8 years in development, is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

Nintendo are well within their rights to issue DMCAs, as they have, but holy god, it's not like they're doing anything worthwhile with the franchise.
    i'm so sad there's not a mac version.

playing through Super Metroid on my SNES today for the first time in a while. really wish older consoles didn't look so terrible on HDTVs.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

playing through Super Metroid on my SNES today for the first time in a while. really wish older consoles didn't look so terrible on HDTVs.
    My Genesis looks pretty great on mine. I guess Genesis is just superior to SNES.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    I am a PC man and not very knowledgable about such things, but maybe you could try WINE?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My girlfriend and I are getting a Wii U on Black Friday. So far we want to get super smash Bros., Mario Kart 8 and Twilight Princess HD. She wants to know if Pokemon Snap is available on the Nintendo store in the US? I want to know if Pokken tournament is good too. I haven't had a Nintendo system since 09' Also what are the best exclusives to get or games in general?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    My girlfriend and I are getting a Wii U on Black Friday. So far we want to get super smash Bros., Mario Kart 8 and Twilight Princess HD. She wants to know if Pokemon Snap is available on the Nintendo store in the US? I want to know if Pokken tournament is good too. I haven't had a Nintendo system since 09' Also what are the best exclusives to get or games in general?
    Super Mario 3D World
    Pikmin 3
    Splatoon
    Super Mario Maker
    Are some of my favorites.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Poketournament is fun but not very deep from what I remember of playing it with my daughter. We have a lot more fun with Pokemon Rumble U, and there are NFC figures to collect if you want to go that way.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    the HD remake of wind waker is AMAZING

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Nintendo Switch console/portable device launches March 2017

I'm waiting for Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Wii-U March 2017..

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I hope that thing isn't just hot air and it actually does what the commercial says it does. That would be awesome to be able to take Mario on the go.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I usually only stick to one console per gen because I'm just not made of money, i haven't even converted to current gen yet... not sure if I'd get the Switch but if i did it'd be my first Nintendo console since the N64.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I usually only stick to one console per gen because I'm just not made of money, i haven't even converted to current gen yet... not sure if I'd get the Switch but if i did it'd be my first Nintendo console since the N64.
    I hear ya, man. I’m still rockin’ the PS3 like a mofo, and haven’t had a Nintendo since the mid 90s. The Switch looks like it has potential. For me it would come down to game library and price. I always thought the PS Vita had potential, but over 4 years and I have yet to see games I’d want to play on it. Nintendo handhelds just seems to do better with cranking out solid games that cater to their fan base.