Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1034

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    The controller matrix.
    Hilarious what will make people shell out hundreds of dollars sometimes.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Damn, this is sad.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Is the OLED worth flipping for!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I dismissed Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, because, well, it wasn't like the five handheld games that I'd binged (aka SOTN sequels)...or so I thought.

Good god, it's fucking GREAT, and I'm so damn glad to have one more to play.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I dismissed Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, because, well, it wasn't like the five handheld games that I'd binged (aka SOTN sequels)...or so I thought.

Good god, it's fucking GREAT, and I'm so damn glad to have one more to play.
    Circle of the Moon is a forgotten gem in the Castlevania series! Too bad it isn't canon, but it is still high on the list.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The Nintendo bug has bit me again. After selling off all my games and console over the past year, I purchased a Lite yesterday along with Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Going to dig into it today. Downloaded Dragon Quest XI too and I vow to actually beat it this time, I always gave up/lost interest any time I played it in the past. Purchased Nier Automata which should be coming tomorrow. Had to empty out my cart as I was really going to splurge. Yikes!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Circle of the Moon is a forgotten gem in the Castlevania series! Too bad it isn't canon, but it is still high on the list.
    It's sad that there aren't any cannons in COTM, I agree. I enjoy the cannons in some of the other games.

In all honesty, though, it's a Konami game about a dude with a whip, fighting the same enemies we met in the mid eighties,.in a casltle, because Dracula.
    It's one of, what, thirty something of them, now?

Igarashi wasn't involved, so he decided it isn't "canon," I guess? But NOW, HE doesn't work for konami anymore. CotM. Circle of the Moon?.Curse of the Moon?
    Castle of the Moon?

I guess I'm saying that it's canonical enough for me.
    Those same medusa heads still fuck up my jumps, just like they did when i was six, and there were One Convenient Castlevanias.

And the mental gymnastics required to even explain a linear "canon" in this series are mind numbing.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

in what world do you create a graphic like that and not expect people to think that he died?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Picked up an OLED Switch yesterday... haven't owned anything Nintendo since my first NES (when Super Mario 3 was bundled with it).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Picked up an OLED Switch yesterday... haven't owned anything Nintendo since my first NES (when Super Mario 3 was bundled with it).
    Congrats! I've been a gamer since birth and the Switch is my favorite system of all time. It's amazing. I even rank it above my PS5 (though obviously the Switch can't do what it does graphically).

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    and there's no reason for it. there is room for metroid in the nintendo franchise but they only seem to care about Mario and Zelda...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

lol

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Baten Kaitos and Metroid Prime Remaster... Wow.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Baten Kaitos and Metroid Prime Remaster... Wow.
    Baten Kaitos especially was unexpected

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Really hoping to pre-order that Collector's Edition of Tears of the Kingdom. Wish I knew when and where I could do that.

EDIT: Got both the CE & the Amiibo pre-ordered. Can't wait for this game!
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 02-08-2023 at 08:27 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Baten Kaitos especially was unexpected
    I had to double take and make sure it wasn't fake. I knew nothing about the game way back when, saw it on the shelf and grabbed it just by the cover art lol.

I'm so stoked about this announcement.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    When I worked at TRU it was on one of the demo stations. Looked cool but I just never had the chance before the Nintendo rep came through and changed it out again.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mario Kart™ 8 Deluxe Championship 2023 Qualifier and Splatoon™ 3 Championship 2023 Qualifier tournaments

Date: May 27

Time: 2PM – 6PM PT

To enter, you must participate in the Tournament in the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game during the Tournament Period. To access the Tournament, select the following, in order, within the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game: Online Play*, Tournaments, Search by Code. Enter the following code to enter the in-game tournament.

• Tournament ID: 1197-1366-3531

The top four players will receive a trip to Nintendo Live 2023 in Seattle, a spot to compete in the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Championship 2023 tournament, and a package of other great prizes including a trophy, a jacket, My Nintendo Gold Points and more!
    Event #1: June 3 & June 4

Ladder Round will be held from 12:00 PM PT to 3:00 PM PT on June 3, 2023.

Bracket Round and Top 4 will be held from 12:00 PM PT to approximately 6PM PT on June 4, 2023.

Event #2: June 10 & June 11

Ladder Round will be held from 12:00 PM PT to 3:00 PM PT on June 3, 2023.

Bracket Round and Top 4 will be held from 12:00 PM PT to approximately 6PM PT on June 4, 2023.

The top two teams from each event will receive a trip to Nintendo Live 2023 in Seattle, a spot to compete in the Splatoon 3 Championship 2023 tournament, and a package of other great prizes including a trophy, a jacket, My Nintendo Gold Points and more!

To register, head over to Battlefy.com/Splatoon3. Registration opens on May 8, at 9AM PT.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    So for whatever reason, I couldn't get into Breath of the Wild as my wife did. We picked up our Switch in the fall of 2020, so we've only had about a good two and half-ish years with the system I just caught all the praise and hype for the game from afar as truthfully — the game I wanted to play the most was Super Mario Odyssey.

I just couldn't sink my teeth into BOTW so all the hype for Tears of the Kingdom kind of did nothing for me at first ... but I just kept thinking about the game.

I had like $50 in store credit from last holiday, so I bit the bullet and ended up getting TOTK and oh my god, am I in love with this. I must not have had the patience for BOTW at the time as I'm loving my time with TOTK now and my wife is really enjoying it as well. She put about 70ish hours into BOTW yet never got around to completing it as she made the mistake of restarting and then just fell off.

This is one that we're both going to try and complete as much as we can. Like your post mentions, it's crazy how her and I are having almost two completely different experiences with the game. I'm so thankful I jumped into this one.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

OK, fine, I won't sell my Switch lite! Damn Nintendo.
    Last edited by allegate; 06-21-2023 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    and a new 2d Mario?

I was hoping the "Full-game Bowser's Fury" was going to happen but maybe that's the next system.

edit:

lol wtf

Last edited by allegate; 06-21-2023 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I know some people who are ecstatic about this.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    YES.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

on the 12th

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Been using Kamek with the new tracks. I like them, fun. Squeaky Clean Sprint has a lot to explore...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Been using Kamek with the new tracks. I like them, fun. Squeaky Clean Sprint has a lot to explore...
    I really wish MK8 Deluxe had progression like MK8 (unlocking new things as you play). Kind of ruined it for me personally...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Sometimes I wish I could turn off my ability to shop online after a certain hour. I definitely make more impulse purchases later at night. I just bought a GameCube on eBay. I gave mine away several years ago and have been regretting it lately.