Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Kind of mad that the Super Mario pins that Nintendo were giving away for the 3D All-Stars were limited like they were. Also that you didn't have to complete all of the challenges so there were people who ordered them before the Mario Kart Tour challenge was up. Why was that on the list if it was optional?

mostly I'm mad I didn't get a set, yes, but it's for those reasons I didn't.
    damn, I just looked up the set on ebay and its going for $120-150...and they're pretty plain looking IMO.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    they are indeed, but also a one-and-done item.

If I had known they weren't going to make all of the challenges mandatory I would have waited to buy the damn game.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Sounds like you got the short end of the stick and Nintendo didn't have their shit together

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I didn't even know about the missions at all

The site does say this though "My Nintendo members who complete the “Purchase Super Mario 3D All-Stars” mission and four additional eligible Mario-themed missions before they expire will be eligible to receive a limited edition set of commemorative Super Mario Bros. pins (while supplies last)."

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Very true.

I can't believe they're limiting everything though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

straight savage. wow.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

uh, weird choice.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    really weird choice... I love iPad music making apps, but Korg Gadget was really such a limited toy by comparison to other options, its price point was ridiculous. I also thought they were phasing out support for it, so I don't get it at all.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Fully expect a second release with the brother games on it for trading.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^Comments say that's a fake originating from 4chan of all places, but Ninty will easily have my money if it's legit!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    aww, it was more fun this morning when it seemed real.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Defiantly fake! I follow a number of Pokemon "experts" shall we say (some run websites, some worked on the last few games etc), and if anything like this was coming they'd have known about it, they have all confirmed this is 100% not real.

Also this is Nintendo, there is NO way they would compile the older gen games into one game when they can sell them all individually on their online store again and again and make so much more, and just remake them again and again.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So I bought one of these because it was payday and I was weak. While it was in transit I was thinking "you know, I bet someone is going to turn it into a hack machine like the Classics."

It was hacked before it was officially released. man, smart people are awesome.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I have a Switch coming Saturday, the Animal Crossing one. I am finally joining the current-ish-gen consoles. I also have a copy of Ring Fit Adventure which I've been hoarding for Christmas because it was hard to find. Will be wrapping them both as presents for my wife so we can lose weight indoors.

I've heard a lot about this other game, Hades I think?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Donut County & Kentucky Route Zero are super on sale in the switch store right now. was about to buy them when sarah was like "uh, spoiler for one of your holiday gifts, but i got you a nintendo store gift card" so i guess i'm waiting a week or so. sale goes through january 6th, thankfully.
    @allegate also make sure you check out Celeste, Dead Cells, and Axiom Verge. oh and you better be getting Breath Of The Wild!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So...yeah. BotW is a huge maybe for me. The last Zelda game I played was Wind Waker on the Gamecube and the one before that was Link to the Past on the SNES. I've tried several times to play the rest but for some reason I've never been able to click with them. I did like Link's Awakening on the OG GameBoy so I will be checking that out.

Don't get me wrong, the game looks six different kinds of amazing but it's been a long time since I've have the "sit down and play a game" kind of time that that game requires. We're more of a sit down with everyone and play something that Super Mario 3D World or New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe have. Just last week we were playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii and yelling at each other the whole time.

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    So...yeah. BotW is a huge maybe for me. The last Zelda game I played was Wind Waker on the Gamecube and the one before that was Link to the Past on the SNES. I've tried several times to play the rest but for some reason I've never been able to click with them. I did like Link's Awakening on the OG GameBoy so I will be checking that out.

Don't get me wrong, the game looks six different kinds of amazing but it's been a long time since I've have the "sit down and play a game" kind of time that that game requires. We're more of a sit down with everyone and play something that Super Mario 3D World or New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe have. Just last week we were playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii and yelling at each other the whole time.

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
    totally fair! i will tell you that wind waker was my fav until BotW came along, and now they're just barely tied.

also, fun fact: during one of my playthroughs of wind waker back in the day on gamecube, i was obsessively listening to poison the well's album "tear from the red" so the two are inextricably linked in my mind (i would put it on while playing and mute the game)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I got botw for my birthday this year and thought it was breathtaking. I haven’t played a Zelda since ocarina. But I put it down after about a month and haven’t picked it back up.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I got botw for my birthday this year and thought it was breathtaking. I haven’t played a Zelda since ocarina. But I put it down after about a month and haven’t picked it back up.
    the great thing is that it's like breathing (no pun intended). whenever you pick it back up, it won't feel like you need to re-learn much, if anything.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Picked up a Switch lite so we all could play online Mario Kart - two to the system, third on the lite - and so far I'm not impressed. I downloaded Donut Country onto it and played a couple levels before work and that was fun enough. Text is a little small but that's OK. I have Mario+ Rabbids on cart so I have it in there and I made sure to download the DLC before I left for work. I just tried starting it though and it's like "You can't play that game without an internet connection to make sure you own the DLC". Uh, wtf? So I tried Donut Country and it also says that I can't play it without checking to see if I own the software. WTF? I thought this was a portable system? Am I missing a setting somewhere, maybe?

and before I get really upset, I figure I should ask: is it possible to have Mario Kart on two switches and play against each other? Or will it say "nuh-uh" and I have to buy another copy?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-eShop-70-Gift-Card-Nintendo-Digital-Download/226325725

$70 digital eShop card marked down to $49.54 on Walmart. Bear in mind that many people on Twitter are saying their orders have been canceled. Mine has been been stuck preparing for a while now. Great deal if it works though!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    You will receive a confirmation email from Walmart.com within minutes of successful order placement.
    A second email from walmartonline@e-deliverygroup.com with access to your PIN will be delivered within 60 minutes
    given that the first but not the second has happened and it's been two hours...I guess this is a bust. Oh well. I'll keep an eye on it just in case though.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Hmm, got my email from Wal-Mart.

Unfortunately, our credit and fraud avoidance team flagged this order as unusual, so we had to cancel. We're sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Same And now I'm waiting for multiple refunds to post back to my account, since I tried a couple orders. Stupid.

Nintendo Support: How to Use the Local Wireless Play Feature of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

And to try to answer your question (I don't have multiple Switches in use simultaneously or even play online much) it seems like yes each Switch will need a copy of the game. I'm really not sure why it was flagging you to have an internet connection after downloading the DLC. Unless you're attempting to play games from a primary account on a secondary Switch in which case yes that needs a constant internet connection.

How to Use One Account on Multiple Switch Units - Nintendo Switch Wiki Guide - IGN

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Thanks! I did figure it out and what I've learned is that Nintendo needs to get on the effin' ball here with multiple accounts, especially if they want a family to own more than one.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Pokémon Snap in April and on Pokémon's 25th anniversary there are mummers of a Diamond and Pearl Remake (which is on it's 15th anniversary) which would line up, BUT take this with some salt because people have been saying this has been happening every year since OROS...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    bunch of stuff on sale in the switch store again. got Dandara for $6. it's fun but man it takes a lot of getting used to the movement system.