Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    it's funny, I got a switch light a couple months ago, and a proper switch a couple weeks ago (my first "current gen" console since I had the ps3 at launch) , and repurchased a 2DS XL (had a new 3ds XL from 2016-2018, had to sell it and all my games) , and I haven't been able to put down my 2DS at all. I way prefer it over the Switch actually. haven't played the switch in about 2 weeks, been playing the 2DS XL daily.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    it's funny, I got a switch light a couple months ago, and a proper switch a couple weeks ago (my first "current gen" console since I had the ps3 at launch) , and repurchased a 2DS XL (had a new 3ds XL from 2016-2018, had to sell it and all my games) , and I haven't been able to put down my 2DS at all. I way prefer it over the Switch actually. haven't played the switch in about 2 weeks, been playing the 2DS XL daily.
    i get it. i've had a switch since xmas 2018 and i totally love it, but i pick up my regular 2ds way more. i love the vintage games, particularly the gameboy and gba titles (i'm an ambassador). i even prefer mario kart 7 to 8 deluxe.

i'm terrified of breaking my switch. and it constantly feels like i'm a millimeter away from snapping the joy cons off. or scratching the screen. or somehow messing the battery up. it makes it hard to enjoy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ah dude, GBA titles! I wasn't gaming at all during the GBA gen and now I wish I could play so many of those titles. I guess I can always emulate at this point. when it comes to collecting, I'm a CIB type of guy which is just so rare for GBA titles. so I've made a commitment to collect DS/3DS stuff, and pick up a handful of more physical Switch games along with some digital downloads.

speaking of digital downloads, there's pros and cons to both, but I much prefer the virtual console for 3ds over the switch online services.

Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I started Super Mario Odyssey and also bought Breath of the Wild because fuck it only money right?

I also still want:

• Yoshi's Crafted World
    • Super Mario Deluxe U
    • Super Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    • Mario Maker 2
    • Bayonetta 2 (FINALLY)
    • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
    • Pokemon Sword (haven't gave a shit about Pokemon since Neo series but this should be cool)

Am I missing any premiere titles on the list?
    there are a million games on the digital store and i've gotten a bunch that are great. i've been sinking hours into dead cells every day for the last few weeks. i literally can't stop playing it. i also never get mad​ at the game, even when i die while making good progress. i just start over and keep enjoying myself. that's a pretty different thing for me.

Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    make sure to get Zelda Breath of Wild. the game is incredible I already have over 175 hours
    I wish I liked this game

Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I wish I liked this game

seriously, though, it sucks to feel like you're missing out on something, but you also shouldn't force yourself to like it just because other people do. there are so many games out there, don't feel too bad. you're not missing out on it if you don't like it, right? it's like me and seafood...or most vegetables...or any number of other things...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I wish I liked this game
    I feel the same way about Monster hunter world. I actually bought the game twice. I really do want to love the game but every-time I try to play I get so confused.
    Last edited by Rdm; 02-11-2020 at 09:15 PM.

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    I wish I liked this game
    I like what I've played of the game so far but I still think its vastly overrated like I always have.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm finally making progress on Shield and just got the Grass Gym leader defeated. Dynagigawhatevermax seems like such a fucking useless gimmick. "Oh, your pokemon is super huge and can totally obliterate me! Oh wait, I can make mine do the same thing!!!!11" Please change my mind that it's something more than that lol

BOTW was tons of fun when the Switch launched, and it really did reinvigorate my love for gaming but tbh I haven't touched it in well over a year now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I wish I liked this game
    I totally get this, and I didn't like it at first either. Now I'm addicted AF, trying to get one more shrine. There's just so many details etc that make it really impressive.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Just got back from a trip to Japan and the airport in Tokyo (Narita) was decked out in Mario graphics that greeted you as you made your way towards baggage claim.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I wish I liked this game
    That's how I feel about every Zelda game. It's something I want to like, I just can never get more than two hours into one before I get bored and turn it off.