Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I have an 8bitdo controller that came with my SuperNT, and everything is great about it. Well, everything except the dpad. Which is infuriating. The diagonal directions are incredibly touchy and fire off when I don't want them to. It's really awesome playing Lufia for instance, or any other RPG and having your party just start turning in a different direction. I guess it could be fixed with some electrical tape, but I'm not usually one for performing surgery on my electronics. If the official SNES wireless/Switch controller has a properly functioning dpad and will still work with my 8bitdo receiver/SNES, I'd say it would be the most ideal thing for me. I don't have much of a use for the other shoulder buttons or analog sticks, since I'd likely exclusively use it for actual SNES games.

Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I have an 8bitdo controller that came with my SuperNT, and everything is great about it. Well, everything except the dpad. Which is infuriating. The diagonal directions are incredibly touchy and fire off when I don't want them to. It's really awesome playing Lufia for instance, or any other RPG and having your party just start turning in a different direction. I guess it could be fixed with some electrical tape, but I'm not usually one for performing surgery on my electronics. If the official SNES wireless/Switch controller has a properly functioning dpad and will still work with my 8bitdo receiver/SNES, I'd say it would be the most ideal thing for me. I don't have much of a use for the other shoulder buttons or analog sticks, since I'd likely exclusively use it for actual SNES games.
    i don't know which one you have but i haven't run into accidental diagonals much (other than my own shortcomings haha) with mine. i know they release firmware updates somewhat regularly which might help with issues like that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i don't know which one you have but i haven't run into accidental diagonals much (other than my own shortcomings haha) with mine. i know they release firmware updates somewhat regularly which might help with issues like that.
    Yeah, upgrading firmware was what Analogue suggested, but everything seems to be up to date. I have the special white Ghostly records partnership edition from last year. Once I made a conscious effort to try like hell to not let my thumb even slightly slip to the side it was manageable. If I was into fighting games it might be more of an issue, I guess.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Yeah, upgrading firmware was what Analogue suggested, but everything seems to be up to date. I have the special white Ghostly records partnership edition from last year. Once I made a conscious effort to try like hell to not let my thumb even slightly slip to the side it was manageable. If I was into fighting games it might be more of an issue, I guess.
    The D-Pad being "touchy" seems to be a common complaint. If it was a stick all you'd have to do is change the gate (square/circle/octagonal); it's not that easy for a D-Pad. I personally haven't noticed problems with the D-Pad, but I've learned to hold and move my thumb differently from playing fighting games. Of course, I also use an X-Box One controller on PC, and some people swear the D-Pad on those are unusable.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Mario Kart is now available for iPhone, iPad & Android!!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Nintendo are streaming a 24 hours "live footage" from the new region and it just looks like a wallpaper where an odd Pokemon might appear (it's been live a few hours and we've seen 5...)

THIS IS ADVERTISING 2019!