Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    ...well Nintendo has won 2017 for me!
    Maybe. Let's see if they learned their lesson from the nes classic.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Maybe. Let's see if they learned their lesson from the nes classic.
    The signs are looking good. They released a statement saying the stock for the SNES classic will be "significantly higher" then for the NES classic...just depends on what Nintendo think "significant" is, might be 2

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I sure hope so. If you hype a system with the lineup it has and an unreleased starfox, the shitstorm will be very real if they can't get one.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Have they shown how the controllers connect yet? Because I saw on the official Nintendo page that the Classic Controllers will work on it but don't give an explanation.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Are there going to be reserves?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Found it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Ill just wait till Starfox 2 becomes available on the net and I will play it on the emulator. I aint falling for Nintendo's shenanigans a second time.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    wasn't fussed about the NES Classic, but damn did I just preorder the SNES Classic from the Nintendo UK store. FFVI, Earthbound and Zelda all on one cute little thingy (the PAL SNES is so pretty).. Don't really care that my RetroPi setup can do all of that.. its so cute!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Ill just wait till Starfox 2 becomes available on the net and I will play it on the emulator. I aint falling for Nintendo's shenanigans a second time.
    Why wait? Go to Google and type in "StarFox 2 rom" and see what happens.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Pre-orders for the SNES mini SOLD OUT IN 25MINS here in the UK....i was right, Nintendo does think "significantly more stock" means 2 FFS! They're already selling (a pre-order) for £200-300 on ebay...i'm starting to think this might not be worth it. I retract my earlier statement of "Nintendo wins 2017", i was naive.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Pre-orders for the SNES mini SOLD OUT IN 25MINS here in the UK....i was right, Nintendo does think "significantly more stock" means 2 FFS! They're already selling (a pre-order) for £200-300 on ebay...i'm starting to think this might not be worth it. I retract my earlier statement of "Nintendo wins 2017", i was naive.
    What I think they meant was that there would be a lot more shipments throughout the year. Until the end of their fiscal year. Whenever that is.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    What I think they meant was that there would be a lot more shipments throughout the year. Until the end of their fiscal year. Whenever that is.
    Probably. It's killed my excitement for the thing now, knowing it's going to be the same as the NES mini. I'm just going to put the money toward a Switch like my original plan and waste my tube trips to work playing Minecraft.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I have every notification set for all the outlets it is being sold once the pre-orders go live for those sites. I only paid an extra twenty bucks for the NES, I'll be sure to get my hands on one of these for sure. I just cannot help myself.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I was able to snag a NES mini from Best Buy's site a few months after street date, for face value. I presume a similar thing could happen for this SNES thing, but who knows. I'd really like to get one so my NES mini has a buddy, but I feel like there's so few games on this and just about all of them are likely contenders for the inevitable VC on the Switch. Star Fox 2 will probably remain an "exclusive" for a while, but they'd be silly to not eventually make it available elsewhere.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Walmart has SNES classic up for pre order right now... Probably won't last long.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Nin...ition/55791858

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Picked up splatoon 2. It's awesome.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Walmart has SNES classic up for pre order right now... Probably won't last long.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Nin...ition/55791858
    Not sure what it said when you posted this, but the link doesn't look like a clear pre-order right now.

Also, fuck Walmart in this regard. They're the ones who overstocked the NES Classic and then sold a boatload to the first scalper who showed up to the store... There's some guy who still has tons of them, and he's the one "controlling" the price. Thanks Walmart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Not sure what it said when you posted this, but the link doesn't look like a clear pre-order right now.

Also, fuck Walmart in this regard. They're the ones who overstocked the NES Classic and then sold a boatload to the first scalper who showed up to the store... There's some guy who still has tons of them, and he's the one "controlling" the price. Thanks Walmart.
    Yeah, it was legit. I got a pre-order in. Strangely enough, they already charged my credit card even. I guess I should probably just expect it to get canceled in the next couple months :/

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Eh, Best Buy does the whole "charge your card to make sure there's money" once or twice a week until it actually ships. Which sucks if you have a debit card because money is leaving your account randomly and you might have bills to pay.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^Yup, Wal-Mart are jerks who canceled everything and then didn't do anything to compensate for their supposed mistake.

Looks like Best Buy and Amazon both took pre-orders very early this morning. Nintendo's site says Gamestop, Toys R Us, Target, and *cough* Wal-Mart will also have pre-orders.

*edit - there's talk that Wal-Mart pre-orders will officially go up at 10am Pacific today. So.. yeah. We'll see how that goes.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 08-22-2017 at 07:35 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    BestBuy.ca preorders up, got one with nooooo problems. YUSSSS.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They're all sold out here. Gamestop hasn't opened them yet. This is going to suck.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    No preorders from Toys R Us, only in store purchase: https://twitter.com/toysrus/status/900102971396165633

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i didn't realize that samus returns is a remake of metroid two. i hate that game. it should be much better with a map.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I only played it briefly as a kid. I was too young to really enjoy it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Probably late feedback here seeing as everyone else in the universe has played/finished/bought the dlc etc... but I (re)bought Zelda, for the Switch this time, after getting bored with the WiiU version. It's so much better the second time around, 1) I kinda know what I'm doing, 2) the Switch is just such a better console than the WiiU. Just being able to put down the console and suspend it, lie in bed and do a few missions, pop it in a bag and play some in the coffee shop, the whole experience makes Zelda a better game, despite it being essentially the same.

Also played some of the Arms test punch, thats a fun game, but I defo would not pay £50 for it. Finally I'm trying to get into Splatoon but I think, despite its charm, and while the game itself is fun, everything around it, from matchmaking (which I rarely give a hoot about) to the leveling to the map rotation to blocking whole game modes for hours/days to.. well, pretty much everything other than the game, its total garbage. I regret buying it over Mario Kart thats for sure.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i didn't realize that samus returns is a remake of metroid two. i hate that game. it should be much better with a map.
    it's the only core metroid game i haven't played so i'm really looking forward to it. i'm not great at playing games on the DS, though. we just have a 2DS and the screens are so small i have trouble seeing what's going on sometimes.

my wife, on the other hand, is about to beat ocarina (it's her first time playing it) on the DS and i'm so god damn proud and in love with her.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm really hoping that Samus Returns will be as great a remake for the sequel as Zero Mission was for the first game. Metroid II was pretty nice back in the day as far as being a portable Metroid aventure, but it's way too linear and just not very much fun at all 25 years later. Though I do fully realize that without my nostalgia glasses, the original NES game hasn't really aged much better.

I'm glad that I'm having just as much fun with my Switch as I was 6 months ago, if not more. But I still can't believe how slowly Nintendo is moving things along. Where's the online service? Where's the Virtual Console games? The library in general is still incredibly light. I'm enjoying Splatoon 2, even though I'm pretty awful at it. Mario + Rabbids looks intriguing, but I can't tell if that's because there's so few games out there or if it's actually going to be a good game. The Switch has *so* much potential. I really don't want Nintendo to fuck this up.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I'm really hoping that Samus Returns will be as great a remake for the sequel as Zero Mission was for the first game. Metroid II was pretty nice back in the day as far as being a portable Metroid aventure, but it's way too linear and just not very much fun at all 25 years later. Though I do fully realize that without my nostalgia glasses, the original NES game hasn't really aged much better.

I'm glad that I'm having just as much fun with my Switch as I was 6 months ago, if not more. But I still can't believe how slowly Nintendo is moving things along. Where's the online service? Where's the Virtual Console games? The library in general is still incredibly light. I'm enjoying Splatoon 2, even though I'm pretty awful at it. Mario + Rabbids looks intriguing, but I can't tell if that's because there's so few games out there or if it's actually going to be a good game. The Switch has *so* much potential. I really don't want Nintendo to fuck this up.
    i recently re-played the original metroid (virtual console on the WiiU) and it was still great. without a map or a walkthrough, it's still HARD, too.