Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Skold

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Skold

Please delete this and re-direct me if applicable. Besides what's on YouTube, does anyone have any set list information? Or did anyone go? Tour ended last night- for now. Photos? Anything? I figure- me, and like 10 other people care. Haha. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    There's a set list on setlist.fm from May 8th

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks. I never think to go there. But a few days later it's just us that care about Skold. Haha.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I hate how small-scale Skold is since I'm definitely a fan yet never know anything about what's going on with him since it's absurdly easy to not see things as they fall through the cracks quickly and steadily. I had no idea the guy was even on a tour.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah I had no idea he put out that album a couple years ago until I randomly saw an article about it last year. That one wasn't too good but I like the new album. Would love to see him live

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    For sure about the small scale. He or someone in his camp had been pulling any YouTube videos of the tour until just recently. I was like- you're not Prince. Leave it up for people to see. Who knows what's next? But before we know... it may have already happened. :/

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Hey @Adam411 , Yep I was at the Vancouver show from May 14th. I took some videos, but have been SUPER lazy putting them on YouTube, lol, but if they're being pulled down now... hmm... maybe I won't even bother putting them up then. Took some photos as well. I'll huck some of those on here in a bit.

There is a *brief* discussion about this in the KMFDM section.
    @kleiner352 - Skold is *VERY* small scale in comparison to all the outfits he's lent a helping hand to. It's kind of unfortunate. I always thought Skold would be able to drive his own crowd to venues without a problem, but there were maybe between 50-60 people or less at the Vancouver show, and it was on a Saturday for cryin' out loud!! No excuse about not being able to go 'cause it was a work night. Show may not have been promoted very well. The only way I found out about it was through the promoters Facebook page. I didn't see any posters around town, no listing up on pollstar, no listing in our local "free paper" that has concert listings and stuff. It was basically word of mouth.

Hell, up until like... 2 days of the show, ticket sales were online only. Then like 2 days before the show the promoter announced physical copies at some of the independant record stores around town were available. Should have had physical tickets from the get go. Oh well, what do I know? I'm not a promoter. It's supposedly a hard gig, so I don't wanna rag on them too much. As fun as scoping out talent to bring live to a city sounds, you probably gotta know people in the scene quite well, and you gotta be good enough to know if you're gonna make any money.

The tickets here were $25, which i think is incredibly reasonable. But I saw the price of the tickets in the USA... $10! $10 for a concert ticket? Holy Christ. How is anyone making any money!?!?

Guess the band makes money through merch. I bought a shirt and CD off of him for $50. Skold and his band were selling their merch directly themselves. So you would get to meet and greet the band while you buy their shit. That was an experience.

There was an article I read recently about the undoing tour. Skold was asked about expanding to another leg of the tour, or if this was it. His response was something along the lines of (para-phrasing here. I could probably go hunt down the article again if I really wanted, but It was a few weeks ago) - "To be honest, and I don't mean to put myself down here, my name doesn't draw crowds. I've lent a helping hand in a lot of really big names, but I am a live musician. When a promoter comes to me and asks what I do, I don't have an answer, so this was kind of a trial run".

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    As promised, Here are some shots from the night:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    @ManBurning
    Thank you for all the information. I was wondering about how the merchandise worked? I saw some of it and definitely wanted a shirt/ hoodie/ beanie. Those pictures are awesome. Thank you for sharing. And I still think you should post a few YouTube clips if you get time.
    I think Tiffany is great.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Oh, he was selling hoodies at the other shows? There were no hoodies at the Vancouver show, but i'm not really surprised. Acts seem to not bring all their merch up here for some reason. I don't know if it's a customs law or limit on what they can sell or what. A couple years back, KMFDM were here and only had 2 shirts for sale, yet they shared a photo of a bunch of other different shirts when they were in the US on the same tour. And when Orgy came up here last month, they didn't even bring ANY merch with them at all. There must be some kind of limit on what bands can sell here.

I'll probably throw up those YT videos one day. I have a love/hate relationship with YT. When it comes to uploading, sometimes it's a pain in the ass. Not sure if it's like this for everyone, but a 4-8 min video used to take anywhere between 30 mins and maybe an hour max like 5 years ago, lately a video of the same length has been taking me anywhere between 4 and 6 hours to upload! I don't think it's my computer, or my WIFI, because I have tried uploading it via a PC and a laptop and tried wirelessly and also hard-wired directly in and it's always painfully slow at uploading videos.

For this reason I have gotten a little lazy with uploading concert videos, lol. I have a huge backlog of shows I filmed specifically to huck 'em up on the 'tube, and they're all just sitting around in a folder. I'll get around to them one day though, hopefully.

Tiffany was just casually hanging outside the venue door when my friend and I arrived at the show. At the time I had no idea she was part of the band 'til I saw her setting up gear on stage before they were about to go on.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    For those that don't know, Skold is back out touring an east coast leg for the Undoing currently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think this has been officially announced yet, but a friend of mine who runs a venue in Allentown, Pennsylvania, just told me he booked Skold for Nov. 20. Apparently another show in the area fell through (I'm assuming Wilkes-Barre, but he didn't specify).

For those interested, the new show will be at The Alternative Gallery in Allentown, PA. Their calendar hasn't been updated to reflect this, yet, but there is a Facebook event page.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Skold

Instead of cluttering up the KMFDM thread again with Skold news, I decided to create a new thread. Hell, Raymond Watts got his own thread, so why the hell not!

Anyway, I was pleasantly shocked this morning to find out SKOLD has a new record coming out, and soon too! April 5th to be exact.
    name of the record is "Never is Now" I'm super pumped for this. His last record was amazing.

Track List
    1. Never Is Now
    2. Small World
    3. Pharmaceuticals
    4. Roses
    5. Please Remain Calm
    6. Ravenous
    7. In Another Life
    8. This Is The End
    9. Idle Hands
    10. Temple Of Rage
    11. Be Brave
    12. American Bluff
    13. This Is What You Get
    14. Insatiable
    15. And So

He's offering some merch for pre-order. There is a signed CD, Vinyl and a 28 page photo/lyric booklet. I pre-purchased the CD and booklet.
    https://skold.myshopify.com/?fbclid=...G8PTQiGqbERCq0

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks for the heads-up on this! Excited for the new album.

"The Hunger" from ANOMIE is still a favorite of mine. In fact, this is a good excuse to dive into the last couple solo albums in general – been a while! Here's hoping that his debut LP makes it to streaming services soon. Would be a fun bit of nostalgia if nothing else.

and Skold's body of work is absolutely worthy of a dedicated thread at this point! Between his solo albums, the legendary(?) Dead God EP, and his work with Manson (which produced some of my all-time favorite MM songs), and of course his KMFDM involvement, he's a fascinating dude.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Never is Now song previews:

The clips of each song are actually pretty long. Like a minute to a minute and a half each. Gives you quite the taste of the feel of this record.
    I listened to the first 6, but I don't want to ruin the whole listening experience for myself for when the record drops, so I think I'll hold out on the rest.
    An album of 15 tracks is massive. Most bands do like 10-11 songs a record these days. Nice to see an album packed full of music!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 03-16-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    TOUR!!!!!
    But shiiiiit.... No Vancouver.... Urgh... I'm gonna travel for a show though. SKOLD live is too good of a show to pass up.
    Just trying to decide what show to do...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsrib View Post
    Four unreleased songs
    Consequence, Don't Ask, If, Too Weird
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/xd5625
    File won't open once downloaded.
    Gives an error message.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Does anyone happen to have the Dead God "EP" tracks available to share?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsrib View Post
    Four unreleased songs
    Consequence, Don't Ask, If, Too Weird
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/xd5625 rar
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/muohqg zip
    Would you be willing to share again please?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    Would you be willing to share again please?
    PM me - I can get you these plus the rest of the Dead God-era tracks.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Skold hitting the road on tour in North America soon with 3Teeth and Carnifex.

AND

Skold and Nero Bellum from Psyclon9 have teamed up for a project called "Not My God"

Album out Feb 14th
    https://notmygod.bandcamp.com/

Here is the first single "Fiction"

Last edited by ManBurning; 01-28-2020 at 02:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Skold hitting the road on tour in North America soon with 3Teeth and Carnifex.

AND

Skold and Nero Bellum from Psyclon9 have teamed up for a project called "Not My God"

Album out Feb 14th
    https://notmygod.bandcamp.com/

Here is the first single "Fiction"

Dude thank you for this!!! I just pre-ordered the limited clear vinyl, hope the rest of the album is as great as the 1st track. Really digging the look, sound, and overall vibe of this project!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Loving the sound and aesthetic of this project - pre ordered a signed CD. Hopefully its not shit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "Fiction" is addictive as hell!! What a pleasant surprise. Can't wait for the rest of the album. So glad it's coming out in the next couple of weeks!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Not my God came out today.
    I gave it a spin but... this is Not music to my ears.
    Something about it is off-putting.
    Kinda unfortunate. I had high hopes for this project.

I'll stick to Skold's solo records. "The Undoing" and the most recently released "Never Is Now" are better records, IMO.

Never Is now was actually one of my favorite records of 2019.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 02-14-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I might check out the new project/album as I never heard of it prior.

When will the day come when we get another KMFDM vs SKOLD album? I love that fucking thing.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Really digging this album, super glad these two decided to collaborate. The music is right up my alley, dark, creepy, slow, electronic. Full of texture and atmosphere.

Still waiting for my signed CD, although last time I ordered something signed from Nero, it took 2 years to arrive.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Full disclosure: I've never been a fan of KMFDM, Skold, or even just straight up industrial. This album, however, is fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The instrumentals of this 'notmygod' project are really awesome, but Skold vocals are totally off, sounds like it was recorded at his apartment with him trying to not disturb his neighbors.
    It would be better if it was just a instrumental record.
    Last edited by firewlker; 02-26-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Got my signed CD there during the week. Incredible.

What a great album!