Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Random score questions

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Random score questions

(it's exactly like the Random NIN questions thread but for scores)

So I was wondering, what are your favorite "moments" from the soundtracks we have now ? It can be a track, a series of tracks seguing together, a single sound.

For example that one thing that moved you deeply during the 3 hours of The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo soundtrack, like the singular aspect of a track (What If We Could?).

Or even essentials moments of the soundtracks, that could be lost for some of us who do not have the attention span for so much listening.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Love and Mercy's Losing It is honestly what it sounds like to have sensory overload, and I've never heard that expressed quite right before.

Quake's Hall of Souls [or whatever the real name is, come on Trent just tell us] has a beautiful way of making me feel nervous always

Gone Girl's Technically Missing gradual buildup of a wall of sound is just damn beautiful

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    I think "Procedural" and "Technically, Missing" are my favourite tracks from the Gone Girl soundtrack. Very tense, well-paced and layered -- but with a low-key vibe that suits me well, either for working in the office, commuting with headphones, or listening intently at home with the speakers on blast. Kind of like the best parts of the Social Network score but with an extra edge of paranoid mania.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    The piano at the end of Carbon Prevails from Social Network, I get goosebumps from the build up and pay off in Great Bird of Prey from Dragon Tattoo. 8 billion from Before the Flood has all the feels. Love The Night Drive from Patriots Day, Consummation from Gone Girl. Still processing The Vietnam War, I have the episodes recorded and would really like to watch them first but the subject is so depressing itís not something you really fancy watching after a hard day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm gonna list a quick breakdown by album - if I've left the album out, it's because something hasn't stood out to me... yet.

Social Network - Painted Sun In Abstract - the piano crescendo before the 80s chippy-synth kicks in was my morning wake-up alarm tone for the longest time. It's amazingly beautiful to me. Eventually We Find Our Way - the last two minutes of this are amazing and the subtlety in the outro still amazes me.

TGWTDT - What If We Could? - I get misty-eyed during this one. Great Bird Of Prey - Intense and I love it. She Reminds Me Of You is another haunting track but not as haunting as Aphelion.

Gone Girl - Sugar Storm, Just Like You (Mike Garson outro FTW), Appearances, Like Home, Technically, Missing, At Risk / Consummation (Reprise) - there's a lot of great music on this one for me.

Before The Flood - And When The Sky Was Opened, At Dusk, 8 Billion and Before The Flood are my go-to tracks for reading.

The Vietnam War - Less Likely is so damn depressing. I love it.

Mid90s - All of it. I'd take a full-length album of this soundtrack.

Bird Box - Careful What You Wish For still scares the holy hell out of me. Undercurrents is also dreadful in the best way possible.