Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Random score questions

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I use whatever the nin.com downloads have initially, which is usually what's reflected on the cover art - though there are some exceptions, like the expanded version of Bird Box not having a parenthetical, the parenthetical for mid90s not matching the cover, and the Watchmen albums having a parenthetical. The inconsistency doesn't bother me all that much because it's straight from the source.

I do standardize the artist as Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I use whatever is printed on the physical material product (or as presented in the downloaded version).

Yes, this includes "Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails" for Quake.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Yes, this includes "Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails" for Quake.
    But Quake is just "Nine Inch Nails":

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    But Quake is just "Nine Inch Nails":
    Except, it's not... because in the pictures you posted, you must have ignored the one right before the sticker... you know, the one of the second sleeve...

"Written, arranged, produced, programmed and performed by Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails
    Nine Inch Nails (1996): Charlie Clouser, Robin Finck, Danny Lohner, Trent Reznor, Chris Vrenna"

Last edited by MrLobster; 10-22-2020 at 03:07 AM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    "Written, arranged, produced, programmed and performed by Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails
    None of that is a main artist credit or billing. All of those credit items can be, and often are, different from the main artist on a particular release or song.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    None of that is a main artist credit or billing. All of those credit items can be, and often are, different from the main artist on a particular release or song.
    oh, okay... I must have misunderstood what "Performed" meant *rolls eyes*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Huh? The word “performed” does not equal “main artist billing”
    they don’t even match in any of NIN’s albums

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horican View Post
    they don’t even match in any of NIN’s albums
    Why does it have to match?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Why does it have to match?
    You're the one making that argument! You're the one saying "performed by" on Quake means that's the main artist of the release.

We're saying, that's wrong. The performer is not the same as the main artist for the release. @Horican is exactly right about NIN albums. Here are the credits for TDS:

"writing, arrangement, and performance: trent reznor"
    Is Trent Reznor the main artist for TDS?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I just started by telling you what I did for my digital archive and collection sorting. I'm not trying to push one way or another, just what I'm doing. And when you posted Discogs images, I posted back with my logic behind it... you two can do whatever you want with your own collections.

"writing, arrangement, and performance: trent reznor"
    Since he was still doing the Nine Inch Nails is Trent Reznor thing at the time, just using Nine Inch Nails is fine... however, when it comes to Quake, there's obviously been a choice to make a distinction with the 1996 Nine Inch Nails band (as also noted on the sleeve).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, "Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails" is redundant. The spine of the new vinyl says it all.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I didn't know where to post this.
    I wonder if Trent and Atticus will be scoring this one as well.
    Do I need to rephrase that in the form of a question?

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...cancel-culture

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Save for favors or special working relationships like with David Fincher or the Hughes brothers and assuming the film director or show runner is typically the one who taps whomever will compose the music. I wonder how do they decide or figure out that they want the specific combination of either Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross or Atticus, Leo & Claudia (sometimes others like Bobby Krlic or Nick Chuba lately)?

It just seems interesting how these teams of composers are chosen, what do they figure they will get from one and not the other especially given Atticus is the recurring element in both? Is it just whoever is interested/available/affordable?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Save for favors or special working relationships like with David Fincher or the Hughes brothers and assuming the film director or show runner is typically the one who taps whomever will compose the music. I wonder how do they decide or figure out that they want the specific combination of either Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross or Atticus, Leo & Claudia (sometimes others like Bobby Krlic or Nick Chuba lately)?

It just seems interesting how these teams of composers are chosen, what do they figure they will get from one and not the other especially given Atticus is the recurring element in both? Is it just whoever is interested/available/affordable?
    Atticus is a member of an organization that helps attach composers to projects, but I can't remember what it's called. That's how he ends up doing most of the things he does separately from TR. When it's them together, it's because people specifically sought them out or vice-versa.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I imagine it might come down to interest as well. Maybe some projects are more interesting to Atticus than to Trent.