Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Skinny Puppy's VIVIsectVI Tour Support in 1988

Hi,

At this time of my own investigation, here is my view :

Sure :
    - October 21 1988 : Phantasy Theatre (Cleveland) - USA (Sure according to Closure DVD)
    - October 31, 1988 : Irving Plaza (New York City) - USA : Skinny Puppy show is sure according to poster and newpaper. NIN is only sure according to bootleg Show Up or Throw Up
    - November 02, 1988 : City Gardens (Trenton) - USA : sure according to newspaper review where NIN is cited (thanks TheBang)

Wrong date :
    October 30, 1988 : 9:30 Club (Washington DC) - USA : according to newspaper 2 days before the show, Mark Of Kane was the opener : this band was opener and a lot of date. I have info at Austin, Phoenix for example.
    I think Montreal is also wrong but I have to find the newspaper to be sure. It's a big journey for a young band for just a date !

Doubt :
    - Oct 22, 1988 - Detroit, St Andrews Hall : the venue and date is sure for Skinny Puppy (promo 20 days before) but nothing about the opener
    - Oct 23, 1988 - Cincinnatti, Bogarts : sure for skinny puppy with the ticket. I do have 2 or 3 newspapers dealing with. This night, at least Ogre and Cevin finished in jail cause someone in the venue though the dog puppet was real. This is mainly why I got papers about this night. Nothing about NIN or any opener
    - Oct 26, 1988 - Columbus : I have an echo, no venue and nothing about opener
    - Oct 27, 1988 - Pitsburgh - Graffiti : 2 or 3 newspapers about the date but nothing for the opener
    - Nov 01, 1988 - Philadelphia - Chestnut Cabaret : a Skinny Puppy date according to 2 newspapers 4 and 3 days before the show, always without opener name
    opener
    I can't find anything about the other dates.

Any help is welcome
    Last edited by CAMEO172; 02-05-2019 at 10:40 AM.