Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 181 to 207 of 207

Thread: Happiness in Heresy

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,056
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    So, I tracked down the bass player from Transilvia and messaged him on SoundCloud, and he responded within minutes! He confirmed that Club 375 was, in fact, in that building, in the space where Stress Factory Comedy Club is now.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    What is the unsure date? I didn't see anything that contradicted any information we have on any other dates.
    until now, there was not radical visual proof for the Sonic date so I prefer listed it as unsure even if there was strong echos

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I found this about club 375.. don't even know if I have to add "club" or only 375...


  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Some new pages in the last months :

    - ALL NIN birthday on stage : https://happinessinheresy.com/nin-birthday-on-stage/
    Just funny


    - Trent Banters : https://happinessinheresy.com/nin-song-banters/
    search by songs or by text.
    Have fun checking the word "fuck" or "dick" or "thank" or anything else.
    Of course there is still a lot of work, as only a little more than 100 shows have banters (partial or complete).
    Any help more than welcome !

    - All covers made by NIN : https://happinessinheresy.com/live-covers-by-nin/


    and as usual a lot of new tickets / poster / pass /Tshirts / Press clippings and soon some tour itineraries
    Any help more than welcome from your own collection

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brbr Deng
    Posts
    2,467
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    What a great site!

    I noticed while looking around that the pre-encore banter for April 26, 2000 is slightly incorrect. Here is the correct version:

    Thank you...

    Hey, after the last show we played in Chicago, we like to keep a few copies of the Chicago Sun-Times around on the bus in case we need to wipe our ass with something...

    And, I found out that we're very unfashionable, and it's not fashionable to be unhappy in the year 2000...

    If being fashionable is sounding (like) what's on the fucking radio, I'm happy to not fit in. And, I thank you for coming out...

    Here's some more unfashionable music for you unfashionable people...
    The like is in parentheses because he stumbles through the word, but he does say it.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm working hard on banters since 2 or 3 weeks. I try to add banters of daily past shows.. it's funny.. Nearly 200 gigs done.. not so much

    I also add this page for this particular part of the site : https://happinessinheresy.com/nin-song-banters/

    It's funny to see that after nearly all Hurt, there is a "thank you" !
    You can also search for every "fuck".. even if a lot of banters are still missing.. it will be a 1 year work, 3h a day !

    ..but...


    never forget I'm a poor french alone. English isn"t my mother language..
    It will be a great pleasure to have help (and I will improve my english !)
    It can even be funny to search and debate.

    I already spoke about this.. no real return so I work alone.. but nothing can stop me now



    I update the Chicago 2000 banters and add a thanks to you Jon !
    Last edited by CAMEO172; 06-01-2021 at 12:12 PM.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,056
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    For the dress rehearsal in Nov. 1999, the date is wrong. Apparently it was on Nov. 9. Here are some reviews, press release, and setlist:

    https://www.theninhotline.com/nin_hi...n/11_9_99.html
    https://web.archive.org/web/20000816...ews/nov99.html
    https://web.archive.org/web/20050205...s/1999.11.html

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,056
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Following up on your 17 Relics tip for the 1990 Port Chester date, I messaged the band on Facebook. One of the band members replied, and confirmed that they opened for Peter Murphy on April 20 and April 21 in lieu of NIN.

    So, given this first-hand confirmation, it seems that the Jersey Beat article was accurate when it quoted Trent saying that the Montreal show was the last one they were doing. Given that those last shows were solicited and ticketed as NIN supporting, it must have been a really last-minute decision to leave the tour early. Rhode Island College must have been a different supporting band, or maybe no support at all.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,056
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Nice job finally finding that the Pine Street Theatre show was not NIN opening. I agreed that it seemed pretty unlikely that they opened that show, but it's nice to finally have the definitive confirmation.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just a little update infos :

    500 shows with banters in a very little time. Big thank to @fillow who really help and send to me bunch of great banters !! i did a lot of mistakes, sorry..my english sucks !

    We have a banters graph now on each tour leg and you will see if Trent was chatty or not. i will probably upgrade this a day I want to code.

    I also add a lot of venue capacity, from Tour itinerary or info from the web ! Huge work ! I think this is quite visual this way




    Moreover, I finally found (oops Shazam) the classical piano after a lot of 94 gigs !

    This is : Franz Schubert, Piano Trio No. 2, Op. 100, D. 929, in E-flat Major 2nd movement, Andante con moto

    but this is a little more than this cause the "original" version that used to be played (at least all versions on Spotify) are a little quicker piano part than the after shows version.

    The perfect version is from the soundtrack of "The hunger", film with David Bowie (and also the marvelous Catherine Deneuve ! France power !). a story about Vampires. You can't forget Bela Lugosi's Dead in this film


    Once we know it, the choice of this particular song is quite obvious and logical and quite perfect for this leg. Trent seems even clever (if possible) to me with such details !

    it took me more than one year to solve this. I succeed with the Hampton Coliseum November 25 1994 cause it's long enough and i test from an other part with violin too.

    I will slowly update all the setlists where this song had been played for sure (from record)
    Last edited by CAMEO172; 03-15-2022 at 10:26 AM.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX 24.24.1.400[Inc]
    Posts
    810
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMEO172 View Post
    Just a little update infos :

    500 shows with banters in a very little time. Big thank to @fillow who really help and send to me bunch of great banters !! i did a lot of mistakes, sorry..my english sucks !

    We have a banters graph now on each tour leg and you will see if Trent was chatty or not. i will probably upgrade this a day I want to code.

    I also add a lot of venue capacity, from Tour itinerary or info from the web ! Huge work ! I think this is quite visual this way




    Moreover, I finally found (oops Shazam) the classical piano after a lot of 94 gigs !

    This is : Franz Schubert, Piano Trio No. 2, Op. 100, D. 929, in E-flat Major 2nd movement, Andante con moto

    but this is a little more than this cause the "original" version that used to be played (at least all versions on Spotify) are a little quicker piano part than the after shows version.

    The perfect version is from the soundtrack of "The hunger", film with David Bowie (and also the marvelous Catherine Deneuve ! France power !). a story about Vampires. You can't forget Bela Lugosi's Dead in this film

    Once we know it, the choice of this particular song is quite obvious and logical and quite perfect for this leg. Trent seems even clever (if possible) to me with such details !

    it took me more than one year to solve this. I succeed with the Hampton Coliseum November 25 1994 cause it's long enough and i test from an other part with violin too.

    I will slowly update all the setlists where this song had been played for sure (from record)
    Love the effort you put into this! (insert clapping emjoi here)

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,056
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    @CAMEO172 , a couple things for your site.

    First, you have Nick Rushe listed on keyboards for the JAMC tour. But it was David Haymes for the JAMC and Peter Murphy tours. The proof is in this article, an interview conducted at the San Francisco Warfield show, which confirms Haymes as the keyboard player.

    Nick Rushe was only on the 1989 shows, and according to this interview, it looks like he was recently hired in Nov. 1989.

    Secondly, this article confirms that NIN played twice in Atlanta with Peter Murphy. Hopefully, that should be enough proof to remove the doubt from the 2nd date.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    @CAMEO172, a couple things for your site.

    First, you have Nick Rushe listed on keyboards for the JAMC tour. But it was David Haymes for the JAMC and Peter Murphy tours. The proof is in this article, an interview conducted at the San Francisco Warfield show, which confirms Haymes as the keyboard player.

    Nick Rushe was only on the 1989 shows, and according to this interview, it looks like he was recently hired in Nov. 1989.

    Secondly, this article confirms that NIN played twice in Atlanta with Peter Murphy. Hopefully, that should be enough proof to remove the doubt from the 2nd date.
    as usual, big thank.. I will do the update very quickly !
    what about Gary Talpas in 1989 ?

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    4,050
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    There is quite a gap in 1989 between October and December shows, they may have changed keyboardist then.

    Also I think it will make sense to try and compare the Pipeline 1989 footage with 1990 videos and see if it's the same dude. (If not by face then at least by movements).
    I also noticed an interesting thing, that in 1989 Pipeline video recording, a keyboardist plays part of HLAH on a (third) guitar, something that I haven't seen on any later videos from PHM era.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Marky Ray (roadies for them) was an additional guitarist for HLAH at least in 1990/1991.. I'm in touch with him for more informations and détails.
    You can see him on the London 91 gig at least (far behind)

  16. #196
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,056
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    There is quite a gap in 1989 between October and December shows, they may have changed keyboardist then.
    Yeah, I think so. That New Alternatives interview from the Dec. 1 issue made it sound like Rushe was a recent hire, maybe only as of Nov. And so for the couple one-off gigs in Oct., they had Talpas fill in because they didn't have a permanent hire yet.

    Maybe someone should reach out to Anastasia Pantsios. She has photos of NIN at the China Club. Maybe she has a pic of the keyboardist. For that matter, she's based in Cleveland, she might have photos of NIN's earliest Cleveland gigs.

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,056
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Dammit, you know, maybe it is Rushe on keyboards for the JAMC tour. I read all the JAMC reviews on HiH, and there are a couple that name-check Rushe explicitly, even the Trocadero show at the end of the tour. Yet the Alternative Press article from the Mar. 1 issue specifically calls David Haymes a "newcomer".

    But that Keyboard article, which had to have been written mid-March at the latest, specifically names Haymes, and talks about JAMC, and doesn't mention Peter Murphy at all. And, of course, also talks about the Warfield show. So, I don't know what to think. Maybe all those reviewers had old press materials/photos that still referred to Rushe as being on the keyboards.

  18. #198
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Dammit, you know, maybe it is Rushe on keyboards for the JAMC tour. I read all the JAMC reviews on HiH, and there are a couple that name-check Rushe explicitly, even the Trocadero show at the end of the tour. Yet the Alternative Press article from the Mar. 1 issue specifically calls David Haymes a "newcomer".

    But that Keyboard article, which had to have been written mid-March at the latest, specifically names Haymes, and talks about JAMC, and doesn't mention Peter Murphy at all. And, of course, also talks about the Warfield show. So, I don't know what to think. Maybe all those reviewers had old press materials/photos that still referred to Rushe as being on the keyboards.
    Don't you think this is David on this nearly last JAMC show ?
    proof on the first, video on the nearly last show... hummm.. error in the middle ?

    Last edited by CAMEO172; 03-23-2022 at 11:20 AM.

  19. #199
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I gonna check the JAMC tour itinerary. I think there is a page for NIN as support with some names. I don"t add it on HIH (useless for this kind of site about tour).

  20. #200
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,056
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMEO172 View Post
    Don't you think this is David on this nearly last JAMC show ?
    proof on the first, video on the nearly last show... hummm.. error in the middle ?
    Ah, I forgot about that video. Yes, that is David. He's got that distinctive mullet-like hair. So, we know he was definitely playing for at least part of the JAMC tour. And if he was playing at Wash DC, then we know the review for the Trocadero that says it was Rushe is wrong. Which probably means that some reviewers were relying on bad press/photo information. I guess it's just a question of whether Rushe was replaced in the middle of JAMC or at the beginning, and it might be hard to figure that out, unless we ask some people who were there, or get some photos/video or early dates.

    Quote Originally Posted by CAMEO172 View Post
    I gonna check the JAMC tour itinerary. I think there is a page for NIN as support with some names. I don"t add it on HIH (useless for this kind of site about tour).
    Just keep in mind the itinerary is assembled weeks or months in advance, and Rushe might still have been part of the band at that point.

  21. #201
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Just keep in mind the itinerary is assembled weeks or months in advance, and Rushe might still have been part of the band at that point.
    and fuck this is Rushe on the Tour Itinerary.. I keep David at this point on hih.

  22. #202
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,953
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    For 11/29/94 in Pittsburgh, you have this as the encore intro

    • "Thank you. You know {??}, this is the closest I have to a hometown crowd. Thank you... Here's a nice song about fucking."

    The quote is “Thank you. You know until they build an arena in Mercer, this is the closest…”




  23. #203
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    4,050
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The quote is “Thank you. You know until they build an arena in Mercer, this is the closest…”

    Thank you. These question marks are me not being able to parse some of the words which Trent mumbles too fast/quiet or which are drowned in the crowd noise.

    @CAMEO172 I'm having too much fun with this and in the last month I have transcribed almost 300 additional shows from each tour which I have not yet sent to you. Stay tuned.

  24. #204
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Thank you. These question marks are me not being able to parse some of the words which Trent mumbles too fast/quiet or which are drowned in the crowd noise.

    @CAMEO172 I'm having too much fun with this and in the last month I have transcribed almost 300 additional shows from each tour which I have not yet sent to you. Stay tuned.
    @fillow : this is funny I was on the way to write to you cause I have just finished the second banter file ! if you have some more, you can send it to me ! Your job is really great !!! this is a great adding to HIH for sure and I have a lot of fun working on.

    Don"t know if you see, I change a few things for a better viewing !

  25. #205
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    For 11/29/94 in Pittsburgh, you have this as the encore intro

    • "Thank you. You know {??}, this is the closest I have to a hometown crowd. Thank you... Here's a nice song about fucking."

    The quote is “Thank you. You know until they build an arena in Mercer, this is the closest…”

    Very big thanks ! The page had been updated and I add a thank to you on it

  26. #206
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,953
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMEO172 View Post
    Very big thanks ! The page had been updated and I add a thank to you on it
    Thanks. That was my first NIN show so it’s burnt in my memory lol

  27. #207
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Thanks. That was my first NIN show so it’s burnt in my memory lol
    have you seen you can add ALL your NIN shows with your own comments on each date on HIH ?

Posting Permissions