Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness in Heresy

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMEO172 View Post
    I don't understand the relationship between Robert Patrick and the syrup.
    Oh, it was just that Trent said, "Hey Richie, I've got a special surprise for you tonight!", and Richie was like "No man, please don't do anything that would make me look stupid in front of my brother, who will be here tonight!"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Oh, it was just that Trent said, "Hey Richie, I've got a special surprise for you tonight!", and Richie was like "No man, please don't do anything that would make me look stupid in front of my brother, who will be here tonight!"
    excuse me.. don’t be aware of this sentence ! So this is more or less confirm

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Adding proof that Montreal 1990-04-18 is the last support for Peter Murphy ! (including a nice interview and a review of NY 1990-07-16)

I have found an event poster for Boulder 1990-03-16.. have a doubt this is the real first peter murphy support and Detroit is not a JAMC support.. but the journey between cleveland (a day before) and boulder is phenomenal !... need more proof for sure
    Last edited by CAMEO172; 06-25-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Adding proof that Montreal 1990-04-18 is the last support for Peter Murphy ! (including a nice interview and a review of NY 1990-07-16)
    I sent messages to two people who indicated on setlist.fm that they attended 2 or 3 of those last Peter Murphy shows, asking if they remembered if NIN opened or not. Hopefully, I'll get a response.

I have found an event poster for Boulder 1990-03-16.. have a doubt this is the real first peter murphy support and Detroit is not a JAMC support.. but the journey between cleveland (a day before) and boulder is phenomenal !... need more proof for sure
    Yeah, that really kind of blurs when the transition happened. Cain's Ballroom on Mar. 18 pretty much for sure had NIN opening, because all 4 people on setlist.fm who indicated they attended Peter Murphy also marked themselves as seeing the NIN show. So, the question is, did Boulder have NIN or not, and which date is the actual last for JAMC? One of those solicitations has to be wrong, because there's no way they could have done both Boulder and Detroit on the same day.

There's one person on setlist.fm who indicates he saw both JAMC and NIN in Detroit. And one different person on nintourhistory who said they attended the Detroit show.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    That article mentions a cover story of NIN on "The Buzz" out of Albany, NY in December 1989. I think it must be this newsletter: https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/vi...al-chamber-of-

But I'm not sure where you could find 1989 archives of it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It's so great having 1990 review dealing with NIN, even if it's nearly always a bad review.

Adding 2 JAMC/NIN Florida 1990 reviews and some Peter Murphy promo. Strangely it spoke of 5 gigs of JAMC in the area in 1990.. I count only 4 between February 15 and February 18.
    Maybe a date on February 19 or February 20.. or maybe a mistake of the reviewer...

No fanzines (or even newspapers) at this time never deal with NIN in 1989 minus Club China well documented..

the first real echos are always during the JAMC or Peter Murphy support !

I keep digging : I will find more for sure

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    From Billboard Magazine February 3, 1990.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    From Billboard Magazine February 3, 1990.

Quasi-Homeboy

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    This is really a very valuable press clipping ! I do have an other scan. yours is probably better but i'm lazy to change it

I have taken a lot of concert grosses from Billboard magazine !

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Billboard magazine July 21, 1990:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Fabulous !! this one is unknown ! thanks !! I added today

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I see 2 SOLD OUT dates on there that are unknown. New Orleans and Jacksonville, FL. Need to find out what happened to those two dates. Too bad that ad doesn’t have venues too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I see 2 SOLD OUT dates on there that are unknown. New Orleans and Jacksonville, FL. Need to find out what happened to those two dates. Too bad that ad doesn’t have venues too.
    And no proof for Milwaukee ! This is not a radical proof as some gigs are missing like Chicago and Cleveland

we will never see the end but we are closer (to god !).

I have working on 1988 dates.. at least one date (Detroit) is wrong for sure. This is a day after Cleveland and according to audience, no NIN this night !
    Last edited by CAMEO172; 07-09-2020 at 06:33 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Found some more 1990 ads in Billboard #1496

One mentions being on tour with Peter Murphy through April 24 & the other has a blurb about being on tour through the summer. Probably not new information, but thought I make note just in case.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm more than happy after finding great live pictures (and a flyer) from Hammerjacks 1991 !!
    Not sure if theses pictures are known or not (but probably unknown).

https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-i...nuary-19-1991/

I may found picture from Cleveland January 1991 too but I can't be sure for the moment and my contact doesn't answer me.

I'm also nearly sure there is a video from Iguanas 1991. i have found a video of the support act and I can't image taper came only for this band.
    I have also found a great flyer from this gig !

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Huge updates in the last days with even more 1990 live pics (phantasy December and Metropol December). A real lot of old tickets added too. Also some Tour Itinerary (2000 europe, 2005 march->june and 2007 europe tomorrow)

According to a poster backstage at the Phantasy 12-28-90 show with a listing of Cleveland Gigs, I now do think March 15 is a wrong date, and probably March 16 too. NIN would stopped with JAMC after Boston on march 10 and begun with peter Murphy on March 16.. of course it needs definitive clues
    April 04 Cleveland would also be a wrong date.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Interesting poster. Is there a difference between “Phantasy Niteclub“ and “Phantasy Theatre”?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    from wikipedia :

"The Phantasy Entertainment Complex, consisting of the Phantasy Nite Club, The Chamber, Symposium, and Phantasy Theater, first opened in 1918 when it was known as the Homestead Theater"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I have found the radical proof from Scene magazine clipping : The velt is the support band of JAMC at Cleveland ! End of JAMC tour nearly sure at Boston now

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    End of JAMC tour nearly sure at Boston now
    Absolutely agree. With NIN confirmed not going to Canada, and The Veldt confirmed as support for Mar. 15 Cleveland and Mar. 17 Chicago, it doesn't make any sense that NIN would have played Mar. 16 Detroit. Also, that poster with NIN solicited for Latin Quarter on April 8, but not on Mar. 16. So, yeah, JAMC support ended at Boston, and that also nicely clears up the conflict with Mar. 16 Boulder.

Edit: And the original date sources from NIN Historian were even unsure if NIN played on Mar. 16 and Mar. 17: https://www.theninhotline.com/nin_hi...our_dates.html

Edit 2: Have you checked Mar. 12 San Fran and Mar. 14 Salt Lake City to see if NIN or someone else supported Peter Murphy there?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Nice find about Bermudas being a MBM-only show. The only thing that still makes me uncomfortable about that is that it opens up a 3-day hole in NIN's schedule, which is completely unusual on that tour. Everything else was only 1 or 2 days apart.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    According to a poster backstage at the Phantasy 12-28-90 show with a listing of Cleveland Gigs
    So, this poster is actually a handbill for the Jan. 1991 show at Phantasy. If you look really hard, you can read the printing on the reverse side of the paper. I can make out the following:

NOW
    ONE MORE SHOW

nine inch nails

PHANTASY
    THEATRE
    TUESDAY JAN. 29

ON SALE NOW
    AT ALL ... (can't read the rest. I assume it's a list of ticket outlets)
    [NIN logo]

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm not confortable on the difference between Handbill and Poster.... I still need to understand.

This "item" even can says that the Phantasy 1988 with Skinny Puppy is wrong !

By the way, this is a great week for NIN live history !

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Edit 2: Have you checked Mar. 12 San Fran and Mar. 14 Salt Lake City to see if NIN or someone else supported Peter Murphy there?
    Absolutely no but this is definitely a good question ! these are two dates not often seen online

Have you also seen the ticket for Manhattan College 04-21-90 ?
    the end of Peter Murphy isn"t clear at this time, according to the Jersey Beat Interview it finisehd at Montreal but I have a doubt.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Have you also seen the ticket for Manhattan College 04-21-90 ?
    the end of Peter Murphy isn"t clear at this time, according to the Jersey Beat Interview it finisehd at Montreal but I have a doubt.
    Ah, I didn't see that ticket update, thanks. It's still unclear though, because the tickets were sold weeks if not months beforehand. We can see that as little as 8-10 days beforehand, NIN were still being solicited as the opener in the newspaper articles for Providence and Port Chester. If it was a last-minute decision by NIN to leave the tour in Canada, then that ticket doesn't prove anything. We really need a definitive review or to make contact with people who were at those shows to determine whether NIN was there or not. This one's going to be a really hard one to determine.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    of course, that's why I put it as unsure.. I try to be in contact with the personn who scan the ticket.. But I need at least 2 confirmations..

I can, for example, read here or there that the Ritz JAMC show was great.. and I'm sure it was cancelled !
    30 years later, all is blur !

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I have already found the answer for SLC : A band called Nauvoo was the support band !

I gonna add this date just to remind NIN wasn't there

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I'm not confortable on the difference between Handbill and Poster.... I still need to understand.
    A handbill is the same thing as a flyer. A piece of paper that someone can hand out to a lot of people, or, for example, put in a pile at a record store for people to take. So, handbills are usually printed inexpensively on a plain piece of paper.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)