Thread: Happiness in Heresy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I don't have access to Newspapers.com for the moment. I stopped it a few weeks ago and plan to take it again near the end of the year for a new scan of articles. I's quite expensive, I prefer stopping a few months and waiting for new newpapers online.

I gonna put the date as "not sure" with nearly cancelled indications.

Toronto area had been cleaned with a lof of articles from Toronto Stars and Globe and Mail, very big thanks to @botley.
    i will scan a last time the two newspapers tonight but I don't miss a lot if I missed :
    https://happinessinheresy.com/live/n...tario/toronto/
    Some nice reviews from 1991/1994/2005 !
    Peter Murphy date in April 90 is now clear even if no echo of NIN.

I just can't find anything about the Jesus and mary Chain show in March 1990. It's nearly clear NIN did't played but I don't know why. According to my old memory, maybe an article in newspapers.com that I didn't keep. can't be sure.
    I can't also find anything about the Toronto Palladium date.. not even a promo. This is a date from Itinary ?

Now, I will need a proquest access from Washington, in order to check "Washington Post". Anyone there ?
    I also wonder how having access to "Hollywood Reporter" archive. There are articles at least about Helter Skelter 91 and probably a review ! (nude women on stage according to echo dealing with an Hollywood article.

I also seek for a "Tulsa World" access. It seems having a review for Peter Murphy and even maybe NIN show.
    I also need magazine scans... don"t have a lot and nearly impossible to have some.
    Last edited by CAMEO172; 04-20-2020 at 04:13 AM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMEO172 View Post
    I just can't find anything about the Jesus and mary Chain show in March 1990. It's nearly clear NIN did't played but I don't know why.
    Probably visas or passports or something like that. They didn't go to Montreal either, yet they still played the US shows on the other side, so it seems clear that it's just some technicality why they didn't follow to Canada.[/quote]

I can't also find anything about the Toronto Palladium date.. not even a promo. This is a date from Itinary ?
    Looks like it was a strongly rumored date which was probably in the works:
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....I/ffOhUwDdxtoJ

But for whatever reason it looks like it fell through, before even being solicited and tickets sold though. So, frankly, I wouldn't even count it as a real date since it never got that far. Throughout the Self-destruct/fdts tour, they were scheduling gigs just weeks before the performance dates sometimes, so it's not a surprise that it would have been scheduled so late.

Now, I will need a proquest access from Washington, in order to check "Washington Post". Anyone there ? I also wonder how having access to "Hollywood Reporter" archive. There are articles at least about Helter Skelter 91 and probably a review ! (nude women on stage according to echo dealing with an Hollywood article.
    ProQuest has an Entertainment Industry Magazine Archive 3 which contains a full archive of Hollywood Reporter. You just need to find an institution that has access to the product, like the University of Chicago. I think Factiva may also have an archive of Hollywood Reporter, for example, available through UCLA

We need to get access to Galileo. It has access to EIMA and Washington Post through ProQuest. @ninlive can help with that.

I also seek for a "Tulsa World" access. It seems having a review for Peter Murphy and even maybe NIN show.
    Newsbank has a product called "America's Newspapers" that includes Tulsa World from 1/1/1989-present. Just need to find an institution that has access to that. One such institution is the Tulsa public library: https://tccl.bibliocommons.com/item/...e_tab=bib_info