Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Netflix Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened (2019)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Netflix Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened (2019)

Watching Fyre documentary on Netflix and I hear "On We March" from The Social Network score as well as some other TRAR pieces from Gone Girl, The Vietnam War, Ghosts, and even one of the unreleased Hesitation Marks tracks.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Watching Fyre documentary on Netflix and I hear "On We March" from The Social Network score as well as some other TRAR pieces from Gone Girl, The Vietnam War, Ghosts, and even one of the unreleased Hesitation Marks tracks.
    They're scoring movies without even trying now!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I think the count was 26 Reznor and Ross songs in this movie, including 2 Hesitation Marks demos. It may have been the entire soundtrack.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    “The greatest soundtrack they never scored.”

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I have to say, I was surprised by how well a lot of the songs fit this documentary despite the fact that they were created for several different films. Also, the documentary was great!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    All of the songs used are listed in the credits, I'm sure someone can compile a list. "Demo #1" and "Demo #3" stood out, not sure they're the Hesitation Marks demos though, as I think they were credited to both Reznor and Ross.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    All of the songs used are listed in the credits, I'm sure someone can compile a list. "Demo #1" and "Demo #3" stood out, not sure they're the Hesitation Marks demos though, as I think they were credited to both Reznor and Ross.
    They're definitely the Hesitation Marks demos, and they were credited to the names given to them on ninwiki, which I thought was pretty cool.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I would say this is more than enough grounds to commence badgering Trent (lovingly, of course) en masse on Twitter and Insta for official leaks of Demo #1 and Demo #3..

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I use a lot of TR+AR scores as my reading music when travelling, so these tracks were fresh in my mind over the weekend coming home. It was funny watching this Sunday night and picking out the cues, especially for the Gone Girl and Dragon Tattoo songs since the original context was something far more sinister in their respective movies.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I would say this is more than enough grounds to commence badgering Trent (lovingly, of course) en masse on Twitter and Insta for official leaks of Demo #1 and Demo #3..
    They came out with the digital deluxe edition of Hesitation Marks. I have them and Demo 2 and the All Time Low demo in FLAC.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    They came out with the digital deluxe edition of Hesitation Marks. I have them and Demo 2 and the All Time Low demo in FLAC.
    Yep - http://www.nin.wiki/Hesitation_Marks...Deluxe_Edition

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Wait, there were official FLAC files? I've been listening to the ripped versions of YouTube?!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Wait, there were official FLAC files? I've been listening to the ripped versions of YouTube?!
    It comes from an interview of Trent on the HM album on iTunes I think, so yeah good quality

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    It comes from an interview of Trent on the HM album on iTunes I think, so yeah good quality
    It was an iTunes exclusive and iTunes only allows you to download 256kbps files, not FLAC (at least that I know of). Even if they did offer lossless files, they would be Apple's proprietary ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) format ... so where did the FLAC files come from? If they exist, I'd appreciate it if someone would share!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    It was an iTunes exclusive and iTunes only allows you to download 256kbps files, not FLAC (at least that I know of). Even if they did offer lossless files, they would be Apple's proprietary ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) format ... so where did the FLAC files come from? If they exist, I'd appreciate it if someone would share!
    It was a digital exclusive, not just iTunes. I got mine from HDtracks.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    It was a digital exclusive, not just iTunes. I got mine from HDtracks.
    Huh, I stand corrected! Thanks, @zecho

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I used a custom cue file to split up the individual demo tracks from the full interview FLAC that way I have each demo as a standalone track in lossless.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    they would be Apple's proprietary ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) format
    Just FYI, ALAC's been open sourced for over 7 years, and reverse engineered for 14 years.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Just FYI, ALAC's been open sourced for over 7 years, and reverse engineered for 14 years.
    Wow, I guess I haven't paid attention to that! Thanks for the correction, but my point was that Apple doesn't offer FLAC files. I was not aware that the "In Conversation" interview was also offered on other sites like HDtracks. ANYWAY, has anyone watched the Hulu version called Fyre Fraud? I guess they got king douchebag himself, Mr. Billy Mcfarland, to be exclusively interviewed for it. They (Hulu) also paid Billy $250,000 for said interview, which makes me not want to support it, but I already pay for Hulu, so I guess I already have. Either way, I'm certain the Netflix version has the superior score!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I finally got around to watching FYRE with my wife last night; what a fucking moron and what a mess (Billy, not my wife). Anyways, it was nice to hear TR/AR, I love how the final scene ended with the track (can't recall the title).