Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Pale Horse Named Death

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    ^ My copy shipped a couple of days ago. Looking forward to the PFR cover!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Fucking epic!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the first record tremendously, but I really couldn't get into the 2nd one. With that said, would still look forward to hearing new music from these guys.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I enjoyed the first record tremendously, but I really couldn't get into the 2nd one. With that said, would still look forward to hearing new music from these guys.
    What about the third one?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    What about the third one?
    Wait, there's a 3rd one? Did I miss something?

EDIT: Google is my friend lol

Let me rephrase my statement...
    2nd record is AMAZING. I cannot get into the 3rd record. Never knew the first one existed.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 09-24-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Wait, there's a 3rd one? Did I miss something?

EDIT: Google is my friend lol

Let me rephrase my statement...
    2nd record is AMAZING. I cannot get into the 3rd record. Never knew the first one existed.
    LOL. The first album is amazing, listen to it. The vinyl bonus track is awesome too:

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    https://metalnation.com/amp/a-pale-h...-band-members/

A PALE HORSE NAMED DEATH Enter Studio, Announce New Band Members

A Pale Horse Named Death is currently recording and working on their fourth studio album to be released in Fall 2021 via Long Branch Records / SPV. The band led by founding Type O Negative and Life of Agony member Sal Abruscato released their debut And Hell Will Follow Me in 2011 and firmly implanted their roots in the metal scene with the sophomore albums Lay My Soul to Waste in 2013 and When The World Becomes Undone in 2019.
    Offers band leader Sal Abruscato:
    “I am really looking forward to releasing APHND’s fourth album later this year, 2021 is the 10 year anniversary since APHND’s first album And Hell Will Follow Me was released so it’s even more special for me to release a new album this year. There has been so much depression and anxiety for so many during this pandemic, how the world has literally become undone in 2020. I started working on material back in early 2020 and felt I needed to evolve, switch things up with more instrumentation, different vibes, and unleash a new album for the fans this year! We are in the middle of production and I can’t wait to release it. Looking forward to working with Long Branch Records and SPV again as well!”
    Besides Sal Abruscato on guitars and lead vocals, A Pale Horse Named Death‘s lineup includes Joe Taylor and Eddie Heedles on guitars. We’re also pleased to welcome Chris Hamilton (Blood Simple, Downset) in the band on drums as well as Oddie McLaughlin (Black Water Rising, Damn Your Eyes) on bass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Johnny Kelly is out? That kinda sucks. Oh well, I’ll look forward to checking it out regardless.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Yeah, where the hell did Johnny go?!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Sal seems to be super extra pumped/excited about this upcoming 4th album. They’re working with a new graphic artist for the first time which will give things a slightly new/different feel.

Latest update as of today:

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159565723592160&id=27114035 7159&__tn__=%2As%2As-R

"Waiting to hear the mastering results of our new album! Should be any day now!"

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    https://apalehorsenameddeath.bandcam...rom=fanpub_nfb
    @ManBurning

“Infernum In Terra”

1. Infernum
    2. Believe In Something (You Are Lost)
    3. Cast Out From The Sky
    4. Shards Of Glass
    5. Lucifer's Sun
    6. It Is Done
    7. Two Headed Snake (Propofol Dreams)
    8. Slave To The Master
    9. Devil's Deed
    10. Reflections Of The Dead
    11. Souls In The Abyss
    Sal Abruscato about the album:
    "The album to me represents a new beginning, turning a new leaf shall we say with the same vibe from past albums but with a fresh open minded approach. There is no real concrete specific concept, it touches on some personal topics in my life long, my interest in the dark arts, that to have light you must have darkness to balance everything. With daylight comes nightfall, with heaven there is hell and at this moment the world seems to be in a very dark place hence the title of the album ‘Infernum In Terra’. This is a very dark album, but what else is new I always write dark music to sooth a dark soul!"

credits

releases September 24, 2021

P&C 2021 Long Branch Records

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Other splatter vinyl variants available here:

https://napalmrecords.com/english/a-...se-named-death

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Other splatter vinyl variants available here:

https://napalmrecords.com/english/a-...se-named-death

New single out now. What do you guys think?

I really dig it, @ManBurning .

A lot less muddy production compared to When The World Becomes Undone.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    The third APHND album emerged in 2019 to a uniformly positive response. Of course, the album in question - When The World Becomes Undone – was blessed with what now seems an eerily prophetic title, as within months of its release, the whole world locked down.

Even disasters bring opportunities, however. Less than two years after its predecessor’s release, A Pale Horse Named Death are poised to unveil their fourth full-length album, Infernum In Terra. Written and recorded during months of isolation in 2020, Abruscato’s latest collection of crestfallen anthems had a slow but satisfying gestation.
    “Around January last year, I was already planning on recording some ideas,” he recalls. “So I started doing some sketching. I’d walk away from it for a while, then come back and do more sketching, but then the pandemic changed everything, so I’d get involved in other things. I just have too many hats, you know? [Laughs] I have many projects going on in my life, not just in regards to music. But the summer went by and I didn’t touch the new music, but by then I had around 85 sketches. Then the Fall came, and suddenly my brain was wide open, and between October and December, I started recording lots of stuff.”

The result of Abruscato’s spontaneous productivity is simply the finest record that he has ever made. Infernum In Terra showcases a bold and adventurous new upgrade for APHND’s trademark sound, with greater subtleties and depths but also some of the heaviest, gnarliest riffs the band have ever unleashed. Combined with a production that fills the room with sparkling clarity and choking gloom, Infernum In Terra will satisfy every last one of the New Yorkers’ fans, while expanding Abruscato’s singular vision beyond all expectation.

“The last record was a little bit of a rushed job of material that I had sitting around for a while,” he notes. “What I like about this record is that we have fresh artwork, a fresh outlook and all the songs were written last year. I brought in a lot more instrumentation in terms of tubular, orchestral bells and a piano, and things that support the heavy guitars. I like making the records as cool as possible. I don’t worry about being able to do things live, I just do what sounds right and what sounds good.”

Lyrically, too, Infernum In Terra represents a significant evolution. New songs like Cast Out From The Sky and visceral and epic first single Reflections Of The Dead are, of course, sodden with misery and emotional turmoil, but previous albums’ myopic approach has been rejected here. Instead, Infernum In Terra makes intermittent concessions to a more outward-looking perspective, enabling A Pale Horse Named Death to pass through fresh thematic territory.

“I guess it’s all still what A Pale Horse Named Death should be doing, but I backed off from writing every song about manic depression, self-loathing and suicidal thoughts!” chuckles Abruscato. “Unfortunately I’m a natural at it, because it’s a curse that I have. It was a little unintentional, but a couple of the new songs came out with a more Biblical theme, with stories like the fall of Lucifer. One song is about my experience of being put under anaesthesia. It was like being in another world – it felt like I slept for days, but it was only 20 minutes, you know? So there’s some new ideas, and some things about personal stuff and family stuff. I just didn’t make every song about personal torment.”

As it emerges into an uncertain and troubled world, Infernum In Terra seems certain to enhance the reputation of these weather-beaten underdogs. A lifelong creative with an already impressive resume, Sal Abruscato has savoured this new opportunity to explore the darkness of this wicked world, and produced his finest work to date in the process. In the darkest of times, A Pale Horse Named Death rides on with renewed vigour, forever raging against the dying of the light.

“I’m just happy to be releasing another record at this point in my life,” Abruscato concludes. “It’s fresh and I’m excited about it. Right now, the only thing left to do is put out music, I think! It’s a sketchy time and I hope it gets better for everyone. But I’m optimistic. I’m hoping there’ll be new fans that dig Infernum In Terra, and the old fans will dig it. It’s a natural progression and there’s some really cool stuff going on. I’m really proud of this record and I’m pretty stoked to see how people take it. This business is so fickle these days, I don’t know what’s gonna fly. I’m just doing what I like!”

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @ManBurning , what did you think of the new single? I listened to it twice, love it, but trying not to listen to it again until the album comes out so I don’t overplay it.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    July 9 - new single Shards Of Glass: https://orcd.co/aphnd_shardsofglass

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Shards Of Glass now available. Friggin love it! @ManBurning

I walk on broken shards of glass
    You tried to bury me and put me last
    My blood it runs from under me
    Possessive of a mothers love for me

Yeah walking on your shards of glass

A nightmare that won’t ever end with you
    Forced into black mass we all attend for you
    You’ve done all that you could do to us all
    Possessive of a fathers love for me

Yeah cut myself with broken glass

Yeah cut myself with broken glass
    Last edited by Erneuert; 07-09-2021 at 11:28 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    August 27 - “Reflections of the Dead” single release!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    August 27 - “Reflections of the Dead” single release!
    Can’t wait for this song and video tomorrow. The teaser sounds amazing: https://www.facebook.com/APHND/videos/2277088189089142/?refsrc=deprecated&_rdr

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Sal about the new single:

“For me one of the best doom songs I have simply ever written, nothing extravagant just heavy, moody and dark. About a person with deep depression that has the ability to see the dead where ever they look, the gift tortures them but so enamored by it that they want to crossover and join that dimension. Leave behind this cruel raging world!"

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Really worth checking this video interview out. Sal explains the cover art and so on, and also a few other new interviews on the official FB page: https://www.facebook.com/APHND/

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @ManBurning - what do you think of Infernum In Terra?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Looks like Sal is working on a new APHND record:

https://www.facebook.com/APHND/

There are tags of #theawakening and #thenightmare and:

Could this be a new sunrise coming up over the horizon?
    Could this be a glimmer of hope?
    Could this be the awakening?

+ studio music playing.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 05-09-2023 at 05:38 AM.