Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Ghostemane

Mentioned
    436 Post(s)

Ghostemane

I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea, and some might even find it laughable, but I damn sure like it.

This dude, who calls himself Ghostemane, has been doing this dark, eerie trap thing for a few years. His background is in metal and hardcore. Most all of it is self produced, and a lot of the drum samples are samples of him playing. He raps in a few different voices, one of them sounding kind of like Bone or Three Six Mafia, and he screams sometimes. He's a twenty something Caucasian dude with his hair dyed white.

Anyway, I decided to finally bring it up here because his new album is something else entirely, and I've seen people talking about NIN influence. And I DEFINITELY hear the nin influence, particularly TDS era.

This new album combines elements of industrial, straight up metal, and trap. He sings more, and there are some tracks that are closer to being rock songs.

Personally, I fucking LOVE it. Yes, it's almost ridiculously dark, but so is my current state of mind these days.

Here's the new album.
    I

And here's his biggest hit song from a couple years back.

I wondered if anyone else was digging it, especially the new stuff.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-16-2019 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Grammer, speling

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I found out about this guy from NoJumper. It's definitely interesting but I find it hard to listen more than 1 or 2 songs in a row. I really like the music portion of his material over his flow or lyrics. For this sort of lurking dark trap rap I much prefer the $uicideBoy$

His appropriation of old cartoons is cool and how they're re contextualized with the dark music.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I dig this.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    I went and saw Vein open for this clown. Then I left.

Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I went and saw Vein open for this clown. Then I left.
    Yeah I figured you'd say something like that. Seriously.
    @bobbie solo , that's why i wrote "I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea, and some might even find it laughable, but I damn sure like it." from the get go
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-17-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    I would urge anyone who likes ghostemane at all to check out the new album though.

It's WAY more industrial/rock oriented than anything else he's done.

One of the first few tracks on the album is sort of an homage to wish, for instance.

And like, ok, YES, the lyrics are kind of childish. But sometimes, I need that shit. Like currently, hearing dude scream "im not gONNA MAKE IIIT" over nasty industrial production is extremely cathartic for me.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-17-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Hey man, do you. I just think of Juggalo bullshit when I heard him. And I can't take his soundcloud style of rapping seriously at all. On a more positive note, DJ Enuff played this today at work as part of an old school set he was pre-recording for Shade 45:

The set was so good (Nas- One Love, Biggie- Party & Bullshit, Wu-Tang- Triumph, Dr. Dre- Bitches Ain't Shit, buncha M.O.P., buncha Cypress Hill, buncha Redman, Eminem- '97 Bonnie & Clyde), everyone came out from their studio or work area and was hanging out and watching/listening. Doesn't happen as much anymore bc we have to play so much modern garbage most of the time.

Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Hey man, do you. I just think of Juggalo bullshit when I heard him. And I can't take his soundcloud style of rapping seriously at all. On a more positive note, DJ Enuff played this today at work as part of an old school set he was pre-recording for Shade 45:

The set was so good (Nas- One Love, Biggie- Party & Bullshit, Wu-Tang- Triumph, Dr. Dre- Bitches Ain't Shit, buncha M.O.P., buncha Cypress Hill, buncha Redman, Eminem- '97 Bonnie & Clyde), everyone came out from their studio or work area and was hanging out and watching/listening. Doesn't happen as much anymore bc we have to play so much modern garbage most of the time.
    That's awesome. Dude, i wish i had your fucking job.

Dude, JUGGALO? Seriously? HA! That's rough. There's nothing i hate more than ICP.

Honestly, the new record sounds a WHOLE hell of a lot like NIN.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Would be sweet if the instrumentals came out.

Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Would be sweet if the instrumentals came out.
    There is ONE really nice instrumental track on the record: check it out.

Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    finally checked out his newest album today and i couldn't get into it. there are a lot of interesting ideas but it jumps around too erratically between them and the different styles he occupies, and it makes for an unpleasant listen. i had to completely skip "ballgag" because it was so stupid. the opening track sounded a bit like NIN though which i thought was interesting. but for the most part, it's basically just trap with some industrial sounds, and it's definitely not my cup o' tea. \_(ツ)_/

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I am not interested in this what-so-ever. But some of you may be, so I'll just leave this here for the 2 or 3 of you that do like this lol...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I was actually super bummed that tour wasn't anywhere close to me.