Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HAYSEY'S Good and Bad Cinema Thread 2019

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post

A post shared by on

I have a number of feeling about this film, in the pro's its a very well shot movie, the music is on point, i like how it shows how Gotham became the mess it is and Phoenix is just amazing, he really went all in on this character and deserves all the allclaim he gets...but, on the cons i really don't like this version of the Joker. The more the film goes on, and the references to Bruce, the more i just started thinking that Batman, any version of him, would have NO issue dealing with him....but that shouldn't take away from this stand alone film, i just wish they'd removed all the references to the Waynes, they just didn't need to be there. They also put in the Wayne's death for the hundredth time. I did get a cool looking holographic poster though.

It's a good film, its dark and uncomfortable and well done...but i wouldn't go out of my way to watch it again, and i'm just not a fan of this Joker personally. Worth checking out to make up your own mind.
    I still haven't seen it, as I live like 80 plus miles away from a proper movie theater.

PERSONALLY, though, I kind of was hoping for Joker meets Taxi Driver. Is it anything like that? I've still managed to avoid spoilers, and for the record, I always read your film threads, and respect your opinions

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I still haven't seen it, as I live like 80 plus miles away from a proper movie theater.

PERSONALLY, though, I kind of was hoping for Joker meets Taxi Driver. Is it anything like that? I've still managed to avoid spoilers, and for the record, I always read your film threads, and respect your opinions
    80miles?! Bloody hell! That's one hell of a trek just for a film
    Well i can't possibly say as, to my great shame, i haven't seen Taxi Driver (hell there are a lot of older movies i haven't seen and i really should! I just have it stuck in my head i need to see a fim in a cinema, if it's on TV/stream i just can't get into the film unless it's something i already experienced in a cinema or there was never a cinema showing) i'm probably not the best person to ask really. I would recommend watching it at some point, maybe not a cinema though.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    80miles?! Bloody hell! That's one hell of a trek just for a film
    Well i can't possibly say as, to my great shame, i haven't seen Taxi Driver (hell there are a lot of older movies i haven't seen and i really should! I just have it stuck in my head i need to see a fim in a cinema, if it's on TV/stream i just can't get into the film unless it's something i already experienced in a cinema or there was never a cinema showing) i'm probably not the best person to ask really. I would recommend watching it at some point, maybe not a cinema though.
    Oh, dude. Watch Taxi Driver asap.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Oh, dude. Watch Taxi Driver asap.
    I know I know, your option of me would sink if you knew just how many classics i hadn't seen!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I know I know, your option of me would sink if you knew just how many classics i hadn't seen!
    dude, you're mad prolific with your movie posts. My opinion of you will never sink.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Unhappy Star Wars : Rise of the Skywalker

A post shared by on

Finally got around to updating this some 6 days after 2019 ended (it's been a busy christmas)

I saw the Star Wars and it was...fine. It's still the worst of the 3 and the first of the 3 i haven't seen a second or third time, honestly my reaction coming out of the cinema was "well that's over, time to move on with my life". Disney definitely need to plan out whatever they are doing with these movies ahead of filming them, and give the 3 to ONE director. This one is fine though, it's not as bad as the prequels at least and has some cool Star Wars battles at the end.

See it if you like the Star Wars.

Now to start my 2020 thread!