Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Bill Leeb fans don't like Trent Reznor's vocals (split from NIN Spotting)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Bill Leeb fans don't like Trent Reznor's vocals (split from NIN Spotting)

Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Bill Leeb praising TR and AR's score work from Bird Box on fb...Interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by From that post
    Trent is very talented but I don’t like his work... waaay too emo... lyric wise
    I, too, am so sick of Trent's emo vocals on his score work.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I, too, am so sick of Trent's emo vocals on his score work.
    cue A Minute To Breathe

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    What is up with all the hate in this thread? I don’t get it. Did I miss something?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I think Minute to Breathe was great. It was a refreshing change and a risky move vocally.

“In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so.”

I respect Trent Reznor so much as an artist and I’m pretty irritated by the condescending and dismissive tone in some of the posts above. It’s fine if you don’t connect with something he’s done, but at least be respectful.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I respect Trent Reznor so much as an artist and I’m pretty irritated by the condescending and dismissive tone in some of the posts above. It’s fine if you don’t connect with something he’s done, but at least be respectful.
    At the risk of derailing the conversation (This is NIN Spotting after all) I believe Sarah K was making fun of Bill Leeb's post, suggesting that Trent's score work doesn't actually have vocals. StockAvuryah retorted with A Minute to Breathe, which is a TR/AR film score song with lyrics, which Bill Leeb may or may not consider emo. Don't sweat it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    At the risk of derailing the conversation (This is NIN Spotting after all) I believe Sarah K was making fun of Bill Leeb's post, suggesting that Trent's score work doesn't actually have vocals. StockAvuryah retorted with A Minute to Breathe, which is a TR/AR film score song with lyrics, which Bill Leeb may or may not consider emo. Don't sweat it.
    I like the play by play announcing, move over Marv Albert!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Thanks for the clarification and sorry if I misunderstood.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Bill wasnt the one who made the comment about the vocals. That was some random fan commenting his fb post....Bill was saying nice things about the score and how great TRs work is....Then the usual gang of rivetheads started commenting on how Trent sucks and how the score was shit etc....

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Then the usual gang of rivetheads started commenting on how Trent sucks and how the score was shit etc....
    Wait... was it you?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I actually agree with Leeb. The lyrics are my least favorite part of this band / their weakest link. They can feel very redundant at times - certain phrases and words get repeated over and over again over the years.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    I actually agree with Leeb. The lyrics are my least favorite part of this band / their weakest link. They can feel very redundant at times - certain phrases and words get repeated over and over again over the years.
    So when you say you agree with Leeb, you are actually agreeing with Mario Briseño de Castañeda instead. Because Bill Leeb never dissed the lyrics. That Bill Leeb fanboy in the cesspool peanut gallery comments section is the one that made the comment about the lyrics.