Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Coachella 2019 or Most Festivals Suck Now

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Somehow I am trapped in an argument with butthurt Rage Against The Machine fans lol. I could care less about RATM. I think they are awful but if their fans wanna dance for joy at their reunion, more power to 'em. I will be busy in 2020 embracing reunions by actual good bands like Mr Bungle and Faith No More, so I won't be wasting 2 seconds worrying about RATM at Coachella. And with that, I bow out of this thread
    *mic drop*

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I could care less about RATM.
    ...yet you care enough to continually point out how they're sellouts.

And there's no real argument here. We're all just laughing at how you think this is a recent development that's worth mentioning ad nauseam.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Here is the official REAL Coachella 2020 lineup.

Gotta say, it's close to what the fake one was posted on the last page. A lot of the same artists made the cut on both bills. Maybe the previous poster was an early version of what they wanted and then a few acts cancelled/pulled out or whatever.

You know, for the first time in like 10 years, this lineup isn't half bad.
    I think I actually like the real one more than the fake one.

Some strange names though, Danny Elfman? I mean... I'd check out his set, but totally out of left field for this type of festival.
    Fatboy Slim are on there too, hah. haven't heard their name is like 15 years lol.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 01-03-2020 at 12:55 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Seems to get worse and worse. I'd go for Rage and they've already pulled the Coachella Reunion thing once in 2011.

The times they are a changing.

Then again upon deeper inspection, there's some great stuff hidden in there on the Saturdays. The Comet Is Coming, Murder Capital, Ezra Collective, Fontaines D.C, Floating Points, Anna Calvi - all great.
    Last edited by Jord; 01-03-2020 at 03:54 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    saw Fatboy Slim when I went in 2014. hell of a time.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Pretty sure I saw Fatboy there in like 2008? Definitely a fun time. This isn't the best lineup in the world, but all things considered it's one of the better recent ones. My coworker who's obsessed with k-pop is flipping out over Bigbang (and Epik High, who were there a few years back when I snapped some pics for her).

Anna Calvi hiding out on the bottom line Saturday is a surprise. Testpilot is a deadmau5 alias, so that's a shock. He claimed he's been banned from the fest since like 2010. Saturday seems like the day more geared towards me. Maybe someday I'll go back to get up to #10, but it won't be this year.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Danny Elfman and Carly Rae Jepsen in the same day? Man, maybe working that won't such so hard this year.

JK, it'll still suck really hard. But at least there's a chance I might get to see a couple great acts.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm going this year, the lineup looks pretty decent (definitely better than last year IMO). It kind of sucks to not see MCR or Chemical Brothers based on the leaks, but seeing Hot Chip on there makes me really happy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I'm going this year, the lineup looks pretty decent (definitely better than last year IMO). It kind of sucks to not see MCR or Chemical Brothers based on the leaks, but seeing Hot Chip on there makes me really happy.
    Hot Chip is always a fun time. The progression of them to Junkie XL to Kraftwerk to Portishead to Prince when I was rolling on ecstasy a long time ago at this fest is probably one of the best moments of my fucking life. Not to condone club drugs or anything.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Yeah we never want to condone drug use at a music festival... Lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The De La Rocha guest spot during Run the Jewels will be the highlight of the event.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    The De La Rocha guest spot during Run the Jewels will be the highlight of the event.
    Digging For Windows was sick, I wonder if we will ever see a full project, or will it end up like We Want It All?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Hot Chip is always a fun time. The progression of them to Junkie XL to Kraftwerk to Portishead to Prince when I was rolling on ecstasy a long time ago at this fest is probably one of the best moments of my fucking life. Not to condone club drugs or anything.
    that sounds awesome. I always wanted to try E too.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    He'll probably just do his spot on Close Your Eyes and Count to F*ck like on the second album.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I am literally - not figuratively - laughing out loud at this. Holy fuck this is brilliant.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post

I am literally - not figuratively - laughing out loud at this. Holy fuck this is brilliant.
    This needs to be a thing. I would go. Seriously. I would.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Elon Musk & Grimes featuring Cybertruck.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I want a Cybertruck sooooooo bad!!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I want a Cybertruck sooooooo bad!!
    Ewwwwwwww...

I would definitely rock a performance Tesla sedan though. Outside of the obvious (no gas, and lower maintenance), the P models with dual motors have insane acceleration. Friend rented a Model S P90D off Turo back in summer. I have/had fast cars and been in many before, that thing made everything else feel slow when you hit the go pedal. :O

Sorry to go OT.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Did you read the very last thing on the poster, after all the bands? Cybertruck wasn't left out

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Did you read the very last thing on the poster, after all the bands? Cybertruck wasn't left out
    Oh shit, no! Thanks for that heads up.

That poster is fun AF. I think Imagine Dragons is the only actual band (outside of a few that have their names twisted up). Funny enough it’s probably where they SHOULD be slotted at any given festival. Heh.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    So many of these fake ass things making the rounds, it's hilarious...

I love "featuring Rammstein karaoke (English version) on Saturday", lol!!

For a zoomed in copy of the poster, go here: https://www.theprp.com/2020/01/05/ne...kind-of-great/ and click on the poster, because a lot of the best jokes are in the small print.

Gwar (unmasked)
    Slayer (farewell tour, yet again)
    Marilyn Manson (instrumental set)
    Bernie Sanders (hardcore dance and moshing lessons)
    Nergal (standup comedy)
    Metallica in the smallest print at the very bottom of the list for Saturday, haha.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 01-06-2020 at 04:34 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I went to this in 2018 and the VIP was like being at day camp, free snacks, 2 catered meals a day, free drinks, private air conditioned bathrooms ect. Think I'm going again this year, this is right up my alley! (I'm probably the only one here though lol)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    If I didn't think festivals were the worst thing in the world, I'd totally go.

Actually, that sounds familiar. Might be one that we do. Could end up there anyway, I guess. 15 year old me would love a lot of that lineup.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I can smell the beer and AXE body spray coming off that poster.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I went to this in 2018 and the VIP was like being at day camp, free snacks, 2 catered meals a day, free drinks, private air conditioned bathrooms ect. Think I'm going again this year, this is right up my alley! (I'm probably the only one here though lol)
    Riot Fest is similar, Deluxe VIP is so worth it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I can smell the beer and AXE body spray coming off that poster.
    I'm gonna have to stock up on Axe Phoenix cuz I'm doing all 3 days again! VIP and I got the same seats that I taped Devildriver from in '18.

(Part of the VIP is dedicated seats in front of the stage but you have access to the festival grounds too. 2nd stage is in a grassy bowl and there is a party tent too. ICP has been religated to said tent lol)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    ICP has been religated to said tent lol)
    Tent revival.

You remember that X-Files episode, "Miracle Man"? There was that disfigured dude named Leonard Vance that killed people with poisoned juice...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    My Chemical Romance has been pegged for a Riot Fest headlining slot.

There’s too many festivals lol.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm crossing my fingers that Rage Against the Machine plays Riot Fest. As of right now, I really want to go to Boston Calling, but my wife wants to go to Bonnaroo. Has anyone here been to either one in the past? I need help deciding....