Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2019

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    A Fragile 20 years retrospective from Stereogum.
    https://www.stereogum.com/2058837/ni...e-anniversary/

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stori...ne-inch-nails/

I don't know this website nor the author and I can't exactly vouch for the content as I only got as far as "...[Closer's] surreal and trippy Mark Romance-directed video..." In fact that's really the only reason I'm linking it.

Mark Romance JFC.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Hey live spotted a nin shirt right next to simply the #1 french YouTuber: Squeezie. Guy is called Locklear this is twitch special event with multiple stars and fundraising and 42k viewers

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post

I don't know this website nor the author and I can't exactly vouch for the content as I only got as far as "...[Closer's] surreal and trippy Mark Romance-directed video..." In fact that's really the only reason I'm linking it.

Mark Romance JFC.
    Romance sounds like exactly the sort of thing Romanek would become in one of those automatic spelling things, I hate them

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post

I don't know this website nor the author and I can't exactly vouch for the content
    It's a division of Universal Music Group, aka NIN's label for Broken through Year Zero, including The Fragile.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    David Fincher spotting : It's very odd and I am almost alone to study this case and discovered this, it's european only: Ultraviolet is dead, and Movies Anywhere is the new Ultraviolet, but in europe, there is no Movies anywhere, Flixtser video is still alive over there, and carry until the end of 2019 our ultraviolet movies, and today they finally launched a big movies transfer to Google Play.
    So, they warned all movies wont be transferred, and now that we have the list, we can check what movies cannot be transferred and this is odd, I discovered that ony (in my collection) all Fincher movies refused to be transfered to google, it seems the only reason to why we lost fincher movies, is fincher decision (well his production company not sony).
    Of course this is totally wrong, google is in movies anywhere, sony is in both services, fincher is in both services, and ... original bluray were offering the choice to use google or ultraviolet ! Also Flixster is using these words : "Movie is not available at Google Play" ... when it is and I got it from the exact same bluray at the same time.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quite far from a "NIN" spotting but, I spotted the concept of Art Is Resistance at the end of this video (of course, the entire reflection is very important) :

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I was listening to Gary Numan's Sleep By Windows from his Telekon LP, and found what may be a sample used in March of the Fuckheads. The very last sound in the song (at 4:51) resembles the final sound in that NIN 'remix'.

If this isn't a sample, the exact same synth patch was used in exactly the same way, then panned and layered a bit.

Given that we know Trent was heavily inspired by Numan's work, I wouldn't be surprised if this is intentional (or unconscious). Although, apparently Adrian Sherwood created the track, so perhaps I'm just talking out of my arse.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Welcome Oblivion - Stories Inspired by Nine Inch Nails

Less than 36 hours left to back this collection of stories inspired by NIN! Just needs another $234 to be fully funded.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Black and orange versions of the Halloween theme are available through the record label.

https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/p...eid=effbc41258

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Black and orange versions of the Halloween theme are available through the record label.

https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/p...eid=effbc41258

I don't remember seeing this quote before (and I love it)

“I clearly remember my friends and I at thirteen years old conning our parents into letting us see Halloween when it came out in 1978. We left the theater forever changed. We were damaged and scarred, with the shit genuinely scared out of us and that theme stuck firmly in our heads. John Carpenter, it’s your fault that I turned out the way I did.”
    -Trent Reznor

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I was listening to Gary Numan's Sleep By Windows from his Telekon LP, and found what may be a sample used in March of the Fuckheads. The very last sound in the song (at 4:51) resembles the final sound in that NIN 'remix'.

If this isn't a sample, the exact same synth patch was used in exactly the same way, then panned and layered a bit.

Given that we know Trent was heavily inspired by Numan's work, I wouldn't be surprised if this is intentional (or unconscious). Although, apparently Adrian Sherwood created the track, so perhaps I'm just talking out of my arse.

Wow, nice find haha! I clearly hear it at 4:36:

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    This came up before in the David Bowie thread (wow, seven friggin' years ago) when we were talking about something similar-sounding. It's just a harmonizer feeding back, @katara , not a synth or a sample.
    Last edited by botley; 10-02-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post

Welcome Oblivion - Stories Inspired by Nine Inch Nails

Less than 36 hours left to back this collection of stories inspired by NIN! Just needs another $234 to be fully funded.
    Sounds interesting. Hope it reaches its goal and that they turn out good.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Little Broken poster hanging in this photo from the gatefold of Ride's This Is Not A Safe Place record

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Little Broken poster hanging in this photo from the gatefold of Ride's This Is Not A Safe Place record
    Does that have the quote "The slave thinks he is released from bondage only to find a stronger set of chains." near the bottom?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It definitely does. It's too pixelated to make out the exact words but that phrase fits perfectly with the number of characters per word/length of the sequence.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Does that have the quote "The slave thinks he is released from bondage only to find a stronger set of chains." near the bottom?
    This is the original promo without a frame:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    ‘Watchmen’ Pilot First Reactions Are Vague But Overwhelmingly Positive

Several mentions in the tweets about the score.
    I'm excited.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    not new, but a new compilation...Beavis and Butt Head Do Nine Inch Nails (all the Beavis and Butt-head NIN clips in one video)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    ‘Watchmen’ Pilot First Reactions Are Vague But Overwhelmingly Positive

Several mentions in the tweets about the score.
    I'm excited.
    Their music in the action scenes was great, but the opening scene...it's the best use of their music I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Trent featured in a segment of a lost Documentary about Depeche Mode Fans. 33:00 in:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecirb View Post
    Trent featured in a segment of a lost Documentary about Depeche Mode Fans. 33:00 in:

oh shit finally a high quality copy, thank you

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    And now I know where that gif is from.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    At a VC event about building companies and communities. After the first session ended, they played Ashley O - On a Roll, unironically, while people were filing out of the room. I found it delightfully perfect.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ^^
    What was the original band that they replaced? Do we know?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    https://news.avclub.com/check-out-so...tag-1838967406

Alcott has also made a handful of faux-vintage paper materials for bands like Nine Inch Nails and Radiohead, as well songwriters Nick Cave and Leonard Cohen.

This instructional pamphlet, for example, includes directions on how to build your very own “Mr. Self-Destruct,” a nod to the Downward Spiral track. Below that is a Time Magazine cover featuring the fierce lyrics to “Closer.”

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    he also did some really​ cool king crimson stuff, but it has disappeared from his etsy store

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)