Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Results 631 to 660 of 695

Thread: NIN Spotting 2019

  1. #631
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tynemouth, England
    Posts
    2,004
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Err... you guys forgot about The great below ? I regret it for long time, and 10 miles high is nothing really hard to play.
    That does kinda depend on what arrangement they go with.

  2. #632
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,354
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Eh? They played The Great Below on the Fragility tour didn’t they?

  3. #633
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    8,541
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I can live without a new album or a tour... just give me some of those damned The Fragile outtakes! Literally, that would be enough for me.
    (not being snarky) do you mean besides all the stuff we got on deviations?

  4. #634
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stowe, VT
    Posts
    745
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Eh? They played The Great Below on the Fragility tour didn’t they?
    They did, and they've even rehearsed it since then. But they weren't happy with how it sounded, so they still don't know how to play it live at this point.

  5. #635
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    north colorado
    Posts
    1,333
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Err... you guys forgot about The great below ? I regret it for long time, and 10 miles high is nothing really hard to play.
    I was just listing songs that have never been played live. If you include songs that were played on Fragility, and not since, that number increases with songs like Complication and The Mark Has Been Made having not been played since then.

  6. #636
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    An unexpected Nine Inch Nails reference on one of the channels i watch. Though he was a bit confused and said 'Trevor Reznik" by accident, instead of 'Trent Reznor"


  7. #637
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    8,541
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    An unexpected Nine Inch Nails reference on one of the channels i watch. Though he was a bit confused and said 'Trevor Reznik" by accident, instead of 'Trent Reznor"
    that's the name of christian bale's character in the machinist (whose name was inspired by trent)

  8. #638
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

  9. #639
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    NIN Spotting 2019

    From a couple days ago:


  10. #640
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    3,685
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    is there anything else we should be doing with this new post? Hunting, etc?

  11. #641
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    630
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    is there anything else we should be doing with this new post? Hunting, etc?
    The signed copies are sold out according to both the store IG and someone on Reddit saying he / she bought the last one.

    Something funny that seems to have been deleted: Someone replied to TR's "That record sucks" comment with "...just like your last 3" (paraphrasing). TR replied "thanks for stopping by asshole!" I wish I had screencapped it.

  12. #642
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    1,975
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Probably been posted before but it's the first time I seen it..



    I love how Beeker is doing the "help me" s lol

  13. #643
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Misery State
    Posts
    227
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    The signed copies are sold out according to both the store IG and someone on Reddit saying he / she bought the last one.

    Something funny that seems to have been deleted: Someone replied to TR's "That record sucks" comment with "...just like your last 3" (paraphrasing). TR replied "thanks for stopping by asshole!" I wish I had screencapped it.
    I will never, ever understand people like that. Completely ignoring the fact that the last three albums were awesome, there are tons of musicians who have sort of lost their appeal for me over the years (or never did appeal to me). Not once did I think about stopping by their insta or twitter just to tell them that I don't like their work. It's not Arby's, Trent isn't going to give you a coupon for complaining. What's the point of doing that?

    That being said, I love watching him pop off on jerks. Very satisfying.

  14. #644
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    898
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    I will never, ever understand people like that. Completely ignoring the fact that the last three albums were awesome, there are tons of musicians who have sort of lost their appeal for me over the years (or never did appeal to me). Not once did I think about stopping by their insta or twitter just to tell them that I don't like their work. It's not Arby's, Trent isn't going to give you a coupon for complaining. What's the point of doing that?
    Attention-seeking behind the anonymity veil of the Internet.

  15. #645
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    within view of The Rockies
    Posts
    2,301
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I don't know if this has ever been mentioned, but a friend tagged me in this and I will warn you all now it physically hurt and I stopped about half way so idk how it ends.
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3190265377711510

    Closer "cover"

  16. #646
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    8,541
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I don't know if this has ever been mentioned, but a friend tagged me in this and I will warn you all now it physically hurt and I stopped about half way so idk how it ends.
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3190265377711510

    Closer "cover"
    it's like this guy though he was shooting solo porn...in guitar center...as a music video?

  17. #647
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sparkwood and 21
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)


    Another in Warren Huart’s excellent ongoing series. This one features Sean Beavan. I haven’t had a chance to watch it all yet, but the NIN/Trent stuff begins just after 3:00.

  18. #648
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,241
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    Another in Warren Huart’s excellent ongoing series. This one features Sean Beavan. I haven’t had a chance to watch it all yet, but the NIN/Trent stuff begins just after 3:00.
    "God bless Tommy Lee."

  19. #649
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,944
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quick mention in this oral history of LimeWire. (Remember that?)

    You were also beholden to “whatever people had elected to digitize and label” from their own collections, meaning there was a lot of KMFDM, Nine Inch Nails, a ton of Grateful Dead bootlegs and obscure prog rock.

  20. #650
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    935
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/CountryMusic/status/1194606984219299840

    Good Morning America just live announced that Old Town Road won a CMA award. Congrats Trent and Atticus! hahah.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 11-13-2019 at 08:28 AM.

  21. #651
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    924
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    https://twitter.com/CountryMusic/status/1194606984219299840

    Good Morning America just live announced that Old Town Road won a CMA award. Congrats Trent and Atticus! hahah.
    What a strange year. Yee-haw.

  22. #652
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,009
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    They just played hand that feeds going into commercial break on nfl on fox

  23. #653
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)


    Later...


  24. #654
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    532
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/trent-reznor-watchmen-pretty-hate-machine-interview-905456/

    Holy shit. They talk about playing records in their entirety and, of course, The Fragile comes up. He doesn't say no!
    oh please oh please oh please!!!!!!!

  25. #655
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    532
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    https://twitter.com/CountryMusic/status/1194606984219299840

    Good Morning America just live announced that Old Town Road won a CMA award. Congrats Trent and Atticus! hahah.
    There's a whole thread about Old Town Road including last night's win. Some good stuff here though, like the IMGR stuff.

  26. #656
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Panel K, Simulation
    Posts
    239
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    They just played hand that feeds going into commercial break on nfl on fox
    how does this happen? Does Trent Reznor have any day about who gets to license his music for commercial use or are previous record contracts allowing record companies to take amazing art and commodify it?

  27. #657
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,009
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Iím sure itís through record label.

  28. #658
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    924
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)


    Can't tell if this feels like a lot or...not enough...

  29. #659
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    532
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post


    Can't tell if this feels like a lot or...not enough...
    I was a music buyer for a pretty big chain (over 100 stores) of general merchandise/grocery stores in the northwest. we used to have full fledge music stores in the bigger ones especially out in the sticks. in the early days of alternative we had a promotion with a local radio station where we would feature mostly new artists. when "loud love" by soundgarden came out, A&M records wanted to work it. my boss made them count how many times they said fuck on the record, haha. he was jerking their chain because we were going to run it anyway.

  30. #660
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    898
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post


    Can't tell if this feels like a lot or...not enough...
    They missed a lot. Depends what you classify as 'discography'. Singles, EPs, remix albums, etc. Then there's demos like Twist "It's uncomfortable to remember how I used to like a good fuck every once in a while".

    There's a "Fuck" towards the end of Physical, too.

    'Whore' isn't exactly a swear word in the contexts Trent uses it.

    I guess they tried.

Posting Permissions