Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2019

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Interview with the lighting designer.

https://www.prg.com/news_media/news/...21c952934a8b5e
    What a contrast - this article describes the backdrop thus 'PAR Cans cast ghostly shadows against a stark fabric backdrop'. I'll never forget Trent's description of that backdrop, after ditching it's predecessor on day one of the 2018 dates. 'Piss stained sheet'.
    Last edited by simonn; 01-18-2019 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Embellishment

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    An instrumental version of “While I’m Still Here” (/Black Noise?) is used in the background of one of Netflix’s promos for their Fyre Festival documentary, just posted it to their Facebook page.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 01-18-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    An instrumental version of “While I’m Still Here” (/Black Noise?) is used in the background of one of Netflix’s promos for their Fyre Festival documentary, just posted it to their Facebook page.
    I thought I heard something NINish but didn’t bother to rewind. Solid documentary.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I was watching the FYRE FESTIVAL documentary on Netflix, which was released today and I spotted A LOT of Trent & Atticus music, along with a few Nine Inch Nails tracks, some unreleased: The Right Things, Corona Radiata (NIN), Procedural, Four Enclosed Walls, Broken Glass, People Lie All The Time, One Particular Moment, On We March, Torn Polaroid, Clue One, Them And Us, Inquiries, Technically Missing, The Place You Are Right Now, A World Away, Less Likely, The Forever Rain, Other Ways To Get To The Same Place, Demo #1 (NIN), 09 Ghosts I (NIN), Trails, Demo #3 (NIN), While I’m Still Here (NIN), Like Home, The Same Dream, Black Noise (NIN).

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    I was watching the FYRE FESTIVAL documentary on Netflix, which was released today and I spotted A LOT of Trent & Atticus music, along with a few Nine Inch Nails tracks, some unreleased: The Right Things, Corona Radiata (NIN), Procedural, Four Enclosed Walls, Broken Glass, People Lie All The Time, One Particular Moment, On We March, Torn Polaroid, Clue One, Them And Us, Inquiries, Technically Missing, The Place You Are Right Now, A World Away, Less Likely, The Forever Rain, Other Ways To Get To The Same Place, Demo #1 (NIN), 09 Ghosts I (NIN), Trails, Demo #3 (NIN), While I’m Still Here (NIN), Like Home, The Same Dream, Black Noise (NIN).
    Which ones are unreleased?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Which ones are unreleased?
    I'm guessing he's referring to the two Hesitation Marks demos and/or the instrumental version of While I'm Still Here? Because the rest is from The Slip (Corona Radiata), Ghosts I-IV (09 Ghosts I), Hesitation Marks (Black Noise), The Social Network (On We March), Gone Girl (Clue One, Technically Missing, Like Home), The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Procedural, People Lie All the Time, One Particular Moment), The Vietnam War (The Right Things, Four Enclosed Walls, Torn Polaroid, A World Away, Less Likely, The Forever Rain, Other Ways to Get to the Same Place, The Same Dream), and Patriot's Day (Broken Glass, Them and Us, Inquiries, The Place You are Right Now, Trails).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm curious to know what Demo #1 & Demo #3 are!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post
    I'm curious to know what Demo #1 & Demo #3 are!

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Wow, I thought those all sounded vaguely familiar, thanks for ennumerating them all so fully @atomobile . Great doc as well, an exercise in "cringing so hard but I can't look away".

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Forgot how super founky some of these were. Man was HM a weird record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Might have to brush off that plastic guitar - The Hand That Feeds is coming to Rock Band 4: http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/dl...ne-inch-nails/

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by explodey View Post
    Might have to brush off that plastic guitar - The Hand That Feeds is coming to Rock Band 4: http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/dl...ne-inch-nails/
    ...there was a Rock Band 4?!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    ...there was a Rock Band 4?!
    Yes. It's actually pretty decent. They put it out a couple years ago, and have committed to only doing DLC instead of putting a new game out.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Sal from Type O Negative / A Pale Horse Named Death briefly mentions admiring TR’s writing techniques towards the end of this new interview promoting the new APHND record:

http://www.heavymusichq.com/a-pale-h...ath-interview/

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    They totally referenced NIN on an episode of Schitt's Creek tonight. I squeed inside.
    Last edited by piggy; 01-24-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by explodey View Post
    Trent has a new look...

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 9.27.51 AM.png

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I've been waiting for Trent to do his Roy Batty look.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I really appreciate Rob's twitter feed. He pops off on the regular, and I'm here for it.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    This article is titled 7 things you need to know about the new Bring Me The Horizon record and number 5 mentions NIN.

5. amo the next step in their masterplan to become like Nine Inch Nails, Tool or Radiohead

“I guess I see us going down that road,” Fish muses, but he doesn’t necessarily mean in terms of sound.
    “We want to end up in a place where we can just do our own thing and we have our own fanbase. Tool, Nine Inch Nails and Radiohead are the kind of bands where they can all do what they want, and their fans are there because they have a proven track record of being good. I’d like us to get to a point where we can just do what we want. I think we’re kind of getting there now, not that we’re as big as Radiohead. But that would be good.”

https://musicfeeds.com.au/features/5...ogoLm66fEB6.99

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    They totally referenced NIN on an episode of Schitt's Creek tonight. I squeed inside.
    Yeah that was actually a pleasant surprise, wasn't expecting that. The reference was about getting ready for there choir practice which was going to be a Nine Inch Nails Medley. (These are mid 40's and 50's women in a small town)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yeah, and Moira said the lyric in "Closer" would be changed to "I want to KISS you like an animal."

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I was watching an unrelated YouTube video about something and from there I found myself watching something else related and then eventually started googling/Wikipediaing things and I found myself on the Grimes Wikipedia page. Grimes is a Canadian Electric/EDM/DJ/Artist for anyone that doesn't know.

Anyway... I noticed on Wikipedia the name of one of her tours:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    March of the Pugs Tour (North America, 2016)
    This has to be a NIN reference, right? She has credited NIN as an influence. I know she is into NIN. I found it interesting either way. It has to be a nod to NIN's March of the Pigs.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 01-28-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I was watching an unrelated YouTube video about something and from there I found myself watching something else related and then eventually started googling/Wikipediaing things and I found myself on the Grime Wikipedia page. Grimes is a Canadian Electric/EDM/DJ/Artist for anyone that doesn't know.

Anyway... I noticed on Wikipedia the name of one of her tours:

This has to be a NIN reference, right? She has credited NIN as an influence. I know she is into NIN. I found it interesting either way. It has to be a nod to NIN's March of the Pigs.
    Nice spotting. That’s definitely going to be the name of the Still 2.0 version of MOTP, right? March Of The Pugs... adrift, and at peace.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It is a NIN reference, and here is where the idea came from. https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/new...ll-time-142478

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think she's mentioned TR as being her biggest influence a few times. She's a super good musician as well, and transitioned from purely experimental music into pop incredibly well. I don't know that I'd call her EDM or a DJ, though.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    https://www.loudersound.com/features...1_YzUlPRYisCho

Do you ever think someone read your list of "Rare NIN Songs" on NINwiki without understanding your justification for each?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The Perfect Drug and Burn are "songs that only diehards know about?" LOL, okay!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Atticus Ross going over GBDTD in a studio for a couple of min, it's a trailer for a full 55 minute video that nobody can afford.

Last edited by blassster; 01-28-2019 at 07:56 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Atticus Ross going over GBDTD in a studio for a couple of min, it's a trailer for a full 55 minute video that nobody can afford.
    I mean. I've made worse impulse purchases....

If this was before Christmas, i probably would have downloaded this and shared it with everyone. I need to wait for a good excuse now..