Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 540 of 794

Thread: NIN Spotting 2019

  1. #511
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,647
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    A Fragile 20 years retrospective from Stereogum.
    https://www.stereogum.com/2058837/ni...e-anniversary/

  2. #512
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,062
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stori...ne-inch-nails/

    I don't know this website nor the author and I can't exactly vouch for the content as I only got as far as "...[Closer's] surreal and trippy Mark Romance-directed video..." In fact that's really the only reason I'm linking it.

    Mark Romance JFC.

  3. #513
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Hey live spotted a nin shirt right next to simply the #1 french YouTuber: Squeezie. Guy is called Locklear this is twitch special event with multiple stars and fundraising and 42k viewers

  4. #514
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,647
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stori...ne-inch-nails/

    I don't know this website nor the author and I can't exactly vouch for the content as I only got as far as "...[Closer's] surreal and trippy Mark Romance-directed video..." In fact that's really the only reason I'm linking it.

    Mark Romance JFC.
    Romance sounds like exactly the sort of thing Romanek would become in one of those automatic spelling things, I hate them

  5. #515
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,703
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stori...ne-inch-nails/

    I don't know this website nor the author and I can't exactly vouch for the content
    It's a division of Universal Music Group, aka NIN's label for Broken through Year Zero, including The Fragile.

  6. #516
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    David Fincher spotting : It's very odd and I am almost alone to study this case and discovered this, it's european only: Ultraviolet is dead, and Movies Anywhere is the new Ultraviolet, but in europe, there is no Movies anywhere, Flixtser video is still alive over there, and carry until the end of 2019 our ultraviolet movies, and today they finally launched a big movies transfer to Google Play.
    So, they warned all movies wont be transferred, and now that we have the list, we can check what movies cannot be transferred and this is odd, I discovered that ony (in my collection) all Fincher movies refused to be transfered to google, it seems the only reason to why we lost fincher movies, is fincher decision (well his production company not sony).
    Of course this is totally wrong, google is in movies anywhere, sony is in both services, fincher is in both services, and ... original bluray were offering the choice to use google or ultraviolet ! Also Flixster is using these words : "Movie is not available at Google Play" ... when it is and I got it from the exact same bluray at the same time.

  7. #517
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    674
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quite far from a "NIN" spotting but, I spotted the concept of Art Is Resistance at the end of this video (of course, the entire reflection is very important) :


  8. #518
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,256
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I was listening to Gary Numan's Sleep By Windows from his Telekon LP, and found what may be a sample used in March of the Fuckheads. The very last sound in the song (at 4:51) resembles the final sound in that NIN 'remix'.

    If this isn't a sample, the exact same synth patch was used in exactly the same way, then panned and layered a bit.

    Given that we know Trent was heavily inspired by Numan's work, I wouldn't be surprised if this is intentional (or unconscious). Although, apparently Adrian Sherwood created the track, so perhaps I'm just talking out of my arse.


  9. #519
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stowe, VT
    Posts
    943
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Welcome Oblivion - Stories Inspired by Nine Inch Nails

    Less than 36 hours left to back this collection of stories inspired by NIN! Just needs another $234 to be fully funded.

  10. #520
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,452
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Black and orange versions of the Halloween theme are available through the record label.

    https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/p...eid=effbc41258

  11. #521
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    within view of The Rockies
    Posts
    2,335
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Black and orange versions of the Halloween theme are available through the record label.

    https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/p...eid=effbc41258

    I don't remember seeing this quote before (and I love it)


    “I clearly remember my friends and I at thirteen years old conning our parents into letting us see Halloween when it came out in 1978. We left the theater forever changed. We were damaged and scarred, with the shit genuinely scared out of us and that theme stuck firmly in our heads. John Carpenter, it’s your fault that I turned out the way I did.”
    -Trent Reznor

  12. #522
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,964
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I was listening to Gary Numan's Sleep By Windows from his Telekon LP, and found what may be a sample used in March of the Fuckheads. The very last sound in the song (at 4:51) resembles the final sound in that NIN 'remix'.

    If this isn't a sample, the exact same synth patch was used in exactly the same way, then panned and layered a bit.

    Given that we know Trent was heavily inspired by Numan's work, I wouldn't be surprised if this is intentional (or unconscious). Although, apparently Adrian Sherwood created the track, so perhaps I'm just talking out of my arse.

    Wow, nice find haha! I clearly hear it at 4:36:


  13. #523
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,610
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    This came up before in the David Bowie thread (wow, seven friggin' years ago) when we were talking about something similar-sounding. It's just a harmonizer feeding back, @katara , not a synth or a sample.
    Last edited by botley; 10-02-2019 at 09:18 AM.

  14. #524
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    In this twilight
    Posts
    401
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post

    Welcome Oblivion - Stories Inspired by Nine Inch Nails

    Less than 36 hours left to back this collection of stories inspired by NIN! Just needs another $234 to be fully funded.
    Sounds interesting. Hope it reaches its goal and that they turn out good.

  15. #525
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,560
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Little Broken poster hanging in this photo from the gatefold of Ride's This Is Not A Safe Place record


  16. #526
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,256
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Little Broken poster hanging in this photo from the gatefold of Ride's This Is Not A Safe Place record
    Does that have the quote "The slave thinks he is released from bondage only to find a stronger set of chains." near the bottom?

  17. #527
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It definitely does. It's too pixelated to make out the exact words but that phrase fits perfectly with the number of characters per word/length of the sequence.

  18. #528
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    2,175
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Does that have the quote "The slave thinks he is released from bondage only to find a stronger set of chains." near the bottom?
    This is the original promo without a frame:


  19. #529
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    268
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    ‘Watchmen’ Pilot First Reactions Are Vague But Overwhelmingly Positive

    Several mentions in the tweets about the score.
    I'm excited.

  20. #530
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,062
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    not new, but a new compilation...Beavis and Butt Head Do Nine Inch Nails (all the Beavis and Butt-head NIN clips in one video)

  21. #531
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    1,052
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    ‘Watchmen’ Pilot First Reactions Are Vague But Overwhelmingly Positive

    Several mentions in the tweets about the score.
    I'm excited.
    Their music in the action scenes was great, but the opening scene...it's the best use of their music I've ever seen.

  22. #532
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Trent featured in a segment of a lost Documentary about Depeche Mode Fans. 33:00 in:


  23. #533
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    674
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecirb View Post
    Trent featured in a segment of a lost Documentary about Depeche Mode Fans. 33:00 in:

    oh shit finally a high quality copy, thank you

  24. #534
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,062
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    And now I know where that gif is from.

  25. #535
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    454
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    At a VC event about building companies and communities. After the first session ended, they played Ashley O - On a Roll, unironically, while people were filing out of the room. I found it delightfully perfect.

  26. #536
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,964
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

  27. #537
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    3,432
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    ^^
    What was the original band that they replaced? Do we know?

  28. #538
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,278
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    https://news.avclub.com/check-out-so...tag-1838967406

    Alcott has also made a handful of faux-vintage paper materials for bands like Nine Inch Nails and Radiohead, as well songwriters Nick Cave and Leonard Cohen.

    This instructional pamphlet, for example, includes directions on how to build your very own “Mr. Self-Destruct,” a nod to the Downward Spiral track. Below that is a Time Magazine cover featuring the fierce lyrics to “Closer.”

  29. #539
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,847
    Mentioned
    454 Post(s)
    he also did some really​ cool king crimson stuff, but it has disappeared from his etsy store

  30. #540
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,071
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Posting Permissions