Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 363

Thread: NIN Spotting 2019

  1. #271
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,021
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Another story from Travis Keller’s time with NIN




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This YouTube playlist is a retrospective video compilation of Nine Inch Nails live performances arranged in chronological order from 1988-2018

    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxO_Ep_8XPKa96mzd8pLr1A40OdJnOuj6

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    1,316
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeegrizzle View Post
    This YouTube playlist is a retrospective video compilation of Nine Inch Nails live performances arranged in chronological order from 1988-2018
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Lr1A40OdJnOuj6
    Ya mean YOUR playlist ? Anyway oh my god what the hell is this new Belgium 2000 video !!!!! I'll share it/ ask for a source immediatly !


    Hey wait who stole my subtitled video ? Well I don't care, I never shared it on youtube. Still pretty proud of my old skills in subtitiling/translating. Totally unrelated but about the few of my work I tried to share on youtube, they only kept the official Only video ! Looks like they liked the work despite the fact it's fully copyrighted.

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    1,316
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Holy crap Le bal des enragés covered in france Hurt (cash cover) along with numberous great covers. It's a superband made of greatest french punk or metal or industrial artists, so... it looks like No one is innocent singing. (thanks to gagos for hinting me that)

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stalk my posts
    Posts
    429
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Received several Google alerts on this topic.

    https://www.hellomagazine.com/film/2...rus-signed-up/

    She delights in subverting things – her career was the Disney pop star who tried to carve out her own identity and as a result has faced a lot of opposition from her label and from her fans in some respect." Charlie added: "I remember her saying, 'Oh it'll [expletive] people off and [expletive] people off is kind of my thing.'" Miley also performs several songs by Nine Inch Nails in the show, and Charlie opened up about rewriting Trent Reznor's lyrics for the Wrecking Ball singer. "I got to rewrite his lyrics in a chirpy way," he explained. "I'm not the best lyricist in the world and she's singing, 'I'm stoked on ambition and verve' instead of, 'You're going to get what you deserve.'"

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    1,261
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Received several Google alerts on this topic.

    https://www.hellomagazine.com/film/2...rus-signed-up/

    She delights in subverting things – her career was the Disney pop star who tried to carve out her own identity and as a result has faced a lot of opposition from her label and from her fans in some respect." Charlie added: "I remember her saying, 'Oh it'll [expletive] people off and [expletive] people off is kind of my thing.'" Miley also performs several songs by Nine Inch Nails in the show, and Charlie opened up about rewriting Trent Reznor's lyrics for the Wrecking Ball singer. "I got to rewrite his lyrics in a chirpy way," he explained. "I'm not the best lyricist in the world and she's singing, 'I'm stoked on ambition and verve' instead of, 'You're going to get what you deserve.'"
    Oh boy. This is going to be interesting.

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    3,369
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)


    Clueless came on tonight so of course I watched the whole fucking movie for the billionth time. 1:35 in on the above. I'm sure this is well-covered territory on here.

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,737
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I mentioned BandMerchNerd on the last page (bootleg shirts)...well, his friend in a roundabout way (saw this on his IG stories) found something interesting while clearing out what ended up being the former Nothing Records office in Cleveland.

    Authentic NIN TDS promotional posters that were never for sale, used to promote upcoming records in stores, etc. 20" x 20" and pretty cheap. I scored one, and there are still a few left if anyone's interested.

    He legit had 10 total so act fast.


  9. #279
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stowe, VT
    Posts
    674
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Authentic NIN TDS promotional posters that were never for sale, used to promote upcoming records in stores, etc. 20" x 20" and pretty cheap. I scored one, and there are still a few left if anyone's interested.
    Can be found on ebay for even less than $25.

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,737
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Can be found on ebay for even less than $25.
    Nice! Scoop 'em up.

  11. #281
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,282
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Received several Google alerts on this topic.

    https://www.hellomagazine.com/film/2...rus-signed-up/

    She delights in subverting things – her career was the Disney pop star who tried to carve out her own identity and as a result has faced a lot of opposition from her label and from her fans in some respect." Charlie added: "I remember her saying, 'Oh it'll [expletive] people off and [expletive] people off is kind of my thing.'" Miley also performs several songs by Nine Inch Nails in the show, and Charlie opened up about rewriting Trent Reznor's lyrics for the Wrecking Ball singer. "I got to rewrite his lyrics in a chirpy way," he explained. "I'm not the best lyricist in the world and she's singing, 'I'm stoked on ambition and verve' instead of, 'You're going to get what you deserve.'"
    A bit more information in Den of Geek, about getting Trent to allow them the rights to NIN songs, so we have a NIN song sampled in Old Town Road with a remix involving Billy Ray Cyrus and now Miley Cyrus singing lyrically chirped up NIN - fantastic
    https://www.denofgeek.com/us/281328/...-5-miley-cyrus

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    pacific northwest
    Posts
    1,743
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    i love miley. this is exciting.

  13. #283
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    8,043
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Can be found on ebay for even less than $25.
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Nice! Scoop 'em up.
    wish i had scrolled down further before blindly buying one just now balls...

  14. #284
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    688
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I have that one in a frame over my bed.

  15. #285
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/ByABD4AnnIB/

    Smashing Pumpkins’ touring member Katie Cole does some alt rock Americana covers every now and then.
    Last edited by dvdglss; 05-28-2019 at 09:19 AM. Reason: fix link

  16. #286
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    [RESTRICTED]
    Posts
    478
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    https://www.alternativenation.net/to...chris-cornell/

    Top 10 Rock Songs Of 2018: Pearl Jam, Chris Cornell & More

    6. Nine Inch Nails – “S**t Mirror”
    Bad Witch can be a challenging listen for uninitiated NIN fans, as Trent Reznor continues to experiment and take risks into his 50’s, but the first track “S**t Mirror” is probably the most immediate song on the album. It sounds like vintage NIN and rocks, and Reznor sings about about how ‘mutation feels so right’ in the new world.

  17. #287
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,424
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    https://www.alternativenation.net/to...chris-cornell/

    Top 10 Rock Songs Of 2018: Pearl Jam, Chris Cornell & More



    6. Nine Inch Nails – “S**t Mirror”
    Bad Witch can be a challenging listen for uninitiated NIN fans, as Trent Reznor continues to experiment and take risks into his 50’s, but the first track “S**t Mirror” is probably the most immediate song on the album. It sounds like vintage NIN and rocks, and Reznor sings about about how ‘mutation feels so right’ in the new world.
    Nice to see so many of my favorite bands from the '90s (NIN, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Chris Cornell) still putting out good music! They should have included either "Rats" or "Dance Macabre" by Ghost, though.

  18. #288
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Houston Press:
    https://www.houstonpress.com/music/t...-2019-11298624

    But the real winner here is not Lil Nas X, who will be invited to festivals for the rest of his life, or Billy Ray Cyrus, who found himself some not-Miley spotlight long after everyone had given up on him. No, the real winner is Nine Inch Nails, who are quietly having the best year in music.


    First, there was the prominent NIN placement in a billion dollar movie that lead to an official NIN x Marvel shirt collaboration. Then Trent Reznor got to induct The Cure into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, an institute he’s gone out of his way to be apathetic toward in the past. And now they’ve gotten their highest charted single ever, because without NIN’s “34 Ghosts IV” “Old Town Road” wouldn’t exist. The use of a sample from - and here’s a fun bit of obscure NIN trivia - the Grammy-nominated track got Reznor and Atticus Ross songwriting and production credit on the track.


    And here we all thought the weirdest thing that would happen in Reznor’s career would be winning a Grammy for an EP that had the word “fistfuck" on it.

  19. #289
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Misery State
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    The Houston Press:
    https://www.houstonpress.com/music/t...-2019-11298624

    But the real winner here is not Lil Nas X, who will be invited to festivals for the rest of his life, or Billy Ray Cyrus, who found himself some not-Miley spotlight long after everyone had given up on him. No, the real winner is Nine Inch Nails, who are quietly having the best year in music.


    First, there was the prominent NIN placement in a billion dollar movie that lead to an official NIN x Marvel shirt collaboration. Then Trent Reznor got to induct The Cure into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, an institute he’s gone out of his way to be apathetic toward in the past. And now they’ve gotten their highest charted single ever, because without NIN’s “34 Ghosts IV” “Old Town Road” wouldn’t exist. The use of a sample from - and here’s a fun bit of obscure NIN trivia - the Grammy-nominated track got Reznor and Atticus Ross songwriting and production credit on the track.


    And here we all thought the weirdest thing that would happen in Reznor’s career would be winning a Grammy for an EP that had the word “fistfuck" on it.
    He's hitting his Bowie status. And it's well-deserved. I imagine that the Watchmen music is only going to cement it from there.

    I had a coworker (who isn't a NIN fan) tell me the other day "I feel like I'm seeing NIN stuff everywhere now. You know how the Rolling Stones logo used to be on everything when we were kids? Now it's the NIN logo."

  20. #290
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    3,759
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    He's hitting his Bowie status. And it's well-deserved. I imagine that the Watchmen music is only going to cement it from there.

    I had a coworker (who isn't a NIN fan) tell me the other day "I feel like I'm seeing NIN stuff everywhere now. You know how the Rolling Stones logo used to be on everything when we were kids? Now it's the NIN logo."
    As foretold in the prophetic Clueless (1995 film).

  21. #291
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    344
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    And now they’ve gotten their highest charted single ever, because without NIN’s “34 Ghosts IV” “Old Town Road” wouldn’t exist.
    This quote (emphasis mine) seems like a stretch.

  22. #292
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    524
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    This quote (emphasis mine) seems like a stretch.
    The first few seconds, what hooks the audience, is 100% NIN, so maybe exist in the listener’s minds

  23. #293
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    143
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

  24. #294
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tynemouth, England
    Posts
    1,871
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    For some, 2007 was a childhood ago. For me, it’s still in my todo list.

  25. #295
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,021
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Another NIN related story from Travis Keller of Buddyhead.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #296
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I mentioned BandMerchNerd on the last page (bootleg shirts)...well, his friend in a roundabout way (saw this on his IG stories) found something interesting while clearing out what ended up being the former Nothing Records office in Cleveland.

    Authentic NIN TDS promotional posters that were never for sale, used to promote upcoming records in stores, etc. 20" x 20" and pretty cheap. I scored one, and there are still a few left if anyone's interested.

    He legit had 10 total so act fast.

    They were selling these at the Phantasy Nightclub when that was supposedly shutting down. Spoiler: They didn't shut down.

  27. #297
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Title credits sequence to No Code's Observation, music composed by Robin Finck. \m/

    Last edited by Miss.Selfdestruct; 06-05-2019 at 05:10 PM.

  28. #298
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    8,043
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Selfdestruct View Post
    Title credits sequence to No Code's Observation, music composed by Robin Finck. \m/

    i had to click through to youtube to understand how this was a NIN spotting

    Check out the pulsating opening title credits to No Code's Observation, with music composed by Nine Inch Nail's Robin Finck.
    that said, i really, really like the music and i'm intrigued to play the game!

  29. #299
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ayrshire
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    NIN Spotting 2019

    https://www.instagram.com/p/ByazOOVD...d=aih8r98c0mpj

    don’t know if this cover has been discussed before or even if there’s videos, first i’ve heard of it though

    just youtube’d it, seems like it’s a pretty regular thing for them
    Last edited by scotty79; 06-07-2019 at 03:02 PM.

  30. #300
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    8,043
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty79 View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/ByazOOVD...d=aih8r98c0mpj

    don’t know if this cover has been discussed before or even if there’s videos, first i’ve heard of it though

    just youtube’d it, seems like it’s a pretty regular thing for them
    mumford and sons are the fucking worst. i can't believe tom morello would play with them

Posting Permissions