Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2019

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Here you go, i can't believe the bunch of ppl that prefers imitate Cash rather than Trent... ridiculous

here's a download link. New: Hurt got a guitar solo now.
    Last edited by ninjaw; 06-08-2019 at 06:52 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I’m removing all posts about Reznor’s landlord problems. Not a nin spotting and none of our business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Ghostemane's new little doc on YouTube, called Impio: it ends with audio of Trent talking about being miserable, even after achieving success, from a 99ish interview I think, or maybe 2000. (Posted this in Ghostemane thread, but I don't think many people will look at it.)

I honestly think his last album was intended to be a trap influenced TDS, and this doc is heavily influenced by Closure. He wanna be Trent when he grows up, I think.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Nice to see Mark Ronson giving a Miley shout out to NIN

followed by

Last edited by WorzelG; 06-09-2019 at 06:53 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    He wanna be Trent when he grows up, I think.
    gotta lift some weights there

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    gotta lift some weights there
    ha.

So I was wondering: this Reznor interview clip- it's just the audio, with images of Ghoste, and/or his creative vision, (actually, it's probably more the DIRECTOR'S vision, but, I digress.)
    It's the final thing in this "documentary," which is like, more of an art project than a doc. It's sort of like, the culmination, of the whole thing.
    There aren't any other audio clips that don't come from Ghoste or his people, I don't think. Trent isn't credited or thanked or any of that cool shit. There are no credits.

SO.
    This, to me, does NOT seem to fall under fair use.
    So, my question is whether or not this is legal to do.
    Are the artist and filmmaker just, like, hoping it goes unnoticed, did they ask permission, or, is it legal?
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-09-2019 at 07:27 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Nice and funny french explanations on Lil Nas X
    http://www.facebook.com/konbinifr/vi...97654040690811

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Great article in Billboard about NINs stealthy takeover of mainstream pop culture
    Last edited by WorzelG; 06-10-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Great article in Billboard about NINs stealthy takeover of mainstream pop culture
    As much as I think this whole thing is kind of cool, I really hope Reznor puts some Nine Inch Nails out this year.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    As much as I think this whole thing is kind of cool, I really hope Reznor puts some Nine Inch Nails out this year.
    I hope so too but I imagine scoring a tv series is a massive undertaking so I’m not holding my breath (I know there was The Vietnam War but it seems they spent a long time on it while NIN was off-line and it had other music in it too)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    mumford and sons are the fucking worst. i can't believe tom morello would play with them
    But I kinda like them :/

The guitar solo was tight though, but it annoyed me that captain mumford said "thorns" instead of "shit".

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tom Morello will play with just about anybody for a buck these days, which is sad considering what RATM used to be.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    He should capitalise on this new found mainstream awareness and release the footage they have of the last tour in a BluRay - maybe it could contain the promised Tension footage plus the fabled lost video for Everything!?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I can't believe M&S are still a thing, every one of their songs sound the fucking same to me, but everyone here seem's to fucking love them...I DON'T GET IT?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Tom Morello will play with just about anybody for a buck these days, which is sad considering what RATM used to be.
    Tom Morello is a big hypocrite and RATM associated themselves with dictatorships and terrorist groups all over the world. Audioslave was cool tho.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    mumford and sons are the fucking worst. i can't believe tom morello would play with them
    i saw them open for U2. horrible. earnest young mens with beards playing extremely boring music.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Could you summarize what is the bad news ?
    sorry i didn't provide more information initially. i read article & was on my way out of the house when i posted this. thought it was important enough to put up right away. its criminal.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    just the latest adventures in the United Divisions of Corporations. its out of control & becoming more so all the time.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Surely everything from With Teeth onwards is sitting on a hard drive somewhere. Year Zero's masters are probably just a 24/48 wav file. Maybe the recent reissues were cut from safety tapes?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2019

It would boggle my mind if TR didn’t keep safety masters, or even backups of the original multitracks (wasn’t everything from and including Broken assembled on early Macs?) from which a new master could be made with a bit of computer trickery.

That doesn’t save the other artists on the list, of course. Seeing John Coltrane there really fucking hurt.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    He should capitalise on this new found mainstream awareness and release the footage they have of the last tour in a BluRay - maybe it could contain the promised Tension footage plus the fabled lost video for Everything!?
    Absolutely. I think a concert video/live album would be a perfect and easy way to capitalize on this wave of attention, especially if they've got the footage just lying around, ready to go. It would also slake fans' thirst for a few more months.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So Billboard are starting new charts for producers and songwriters in the Hot 100 and Trent and Atticus are in both of them

Last edited by WorzelG; 06-12-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    That's a very ridiculous french video, bad at so many levels, but that's MCM speaking again about NIN anyway, MCM was once a great music TV channel, in france. They used to have exclusive access to nin french shows. Didn't even know they were still interested in music... If you really want to know, it's a top3 of fav songs, right at the start, they are making the worst joke on earth : Trent RezNORD, RezSUD, RezOUEST, RezEST, ha ha ha ha how funny. Then the top 1 is coming : it's the video for Gave up, that you can find in AATCHB ... sigh

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    2019 is insane.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    2019 is insane.
    That's awesome! And yeah, way more Marvel connections than I ever expected. Seems like NIN and Keanu Reeves are everywhere lately!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Plus, another Cyrus family connection... Miley's brother-in-law. It's like it was all orchestrated to hit at the same time, LOL.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    An article in GQ about how the Black Mirror episode came together that has more info than I’ve read before
    Last edited by WorzelG; 06-13-2019 at 10:57 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Another Travis Keller post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Was watching Todd Howard and Elon Musk E3 convo on youtube when suddenly...

Anyone from the boards in the audience maybe?