Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2019

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Of course Trent got his stuff, there was a mention about the lost of Antichrist Superstar, but it's over.
    ACSS masters were in Trent's hands and he contacted Manson telling him he still had them.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    another NIN reference on Netflix. in the new Jessica Jones series, episode 8 or 9, she's looking through an old box and is looking at old concert tickets. Nine Inch Nails was one of those tickets (said Webster Hall was the venue too)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The great Ken Burns mentions Trent Reznor by name when asked about "Old Town Road"

https://pitchfork.com/tv/22-over-und...old-town-road/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails makes a couple appearances on Pitchfork's 33 Best Industrial Albums of All Time, with The Downward Spiral and Pretty Hate Machine making the list at #17 and #7 respectively.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Youtuber dude's crowdfund video about an upcoming book on ARGs, with Year Zero on the to-be-included list. Not a huge fan of the "found notebook" format, but I've been a long-time subscriber, and the way he talks about this stuff is pretty interesting, so hey.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Remember Adema? No? You're lucky.

Singer Marky Chavez is Jonathan Davis' half-brother. Anyway, dudes are trying to put together a reunion tour. Except Marky wants no part of it anymore, which kinda complicates things since he was the only reason anyone cared. So now the singer from Julien K (who?) is gonna sing for them on this tour of sports bars nationwide I guess? Here's the relevant part of his very longwinded explanation/reveal:

We’ve had a couple of rehearsals and it turns out I can sing the songs great. I forget who said it, but it was like what if Dave Gahan and Trent Reznor fronted Adema? That’s perfect. This is cool. So we’ve been working and really having a great time together.
    fuck offffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Remember Adema? No? You're lucky.

Singer Marky Chavez is Jonathan Davis' half-brother. Anyway, dudes are trying to put together a reunion tour. Except Marky wants no part of it anymore, which kinda complicates things since he was the only reason anyone cared. So now the singer from Julien K (who?) is gonna sing for them on this tour of sports bars nationwide I guess? Here's the relevant part of his very longwinded explanation/reveal:

fuck offffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Julien-K is fine, but Shuck was most notably the guitar player for Orgy back when they weren't awful. I'll admit to liking Adema way back when and his involvement has me interested in at least Youtubing them once they play a few shows.

ETA: If their lyrics weren't so terrible Adema probably would have aged better than they have. Chavez - or whoever - wrote some really catchy vocal melodies.
    Last edited by Archive_Reports; 06-19-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I liked Adema back then too (I remember going real early to a K-Rock show at Jones Beach so me and my very young little brother could see them), but that quote is so outrageous that dude is cancelled before they even play a show.

edit: just looked up the show. K-Rock Dysfunctional Family Picnic 2001...Jane's, STP, Blink, Staind, LP, Papa Roach, 3 Doors Down, Disturbed, Crazy Town & Adema. WOOF!
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 06-19-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I can actually understand the Dave Gahan comparison or Depeche Mode largely but Trent Reznor? what? lol silly but Julien-K make some good tunes regardless so that'll be interesting to see how he does with them.

Funny thing about Adema, i remember that band was always mislabeled as Linkin Park on p2p music downloads. Chester Bennington just so happened to be one of Ryan Shucks best buds and they collaborated together as the band Dead by Sunrise. Just a weird sequence of events that Shuck will now be the frontman of a band that was once mistaken for his friend's band.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rob Sheridan shared a story on twitter of a prank on the tour manager gone too far. Click through for the whole story.

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...14051438743559

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    BBC - 10 Album Releases That Shook the Music Industry

Nine Inch Nails: Alternate reality game
    Year Zero by industrial rock band Nine Inch Nails landed in 2007 as a concept album that criticised US government policies by presenting a dystopian vision 15 years into the future. Part of a larger project, Year Zero included a remix album, an alternate reality game of the same name, as well as a planned (but as-yet unrealised) television adaptation. The game expanded on the album's storyline using websites, pre-recorded phone messages, and murals, and singles were released with multitrack audio files for fans to remix.
    Trent Reznor has also experimented with free downloads. In 2008, the first volume in the 36-track instrumental album Ghosts I–IV was given away for free, as well as making 2,500 copies of a deluxe $300 package, which would sell out in three days. Four months later, the album The Slip was released as free download without any promotion, alongside the message from Reznor: “Thank you for your continued and loyal support over the years - this one's on me.”

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/201...music-industry

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    That Adema quote is really strange. I haven't heard of that band in years. I only remember them from the Madden 2004 soundtrack and they sounded alright.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/chvrc...ml?jwsource=cl

Probably old news, but CHVRCHES name NIN as a source of inspiration in this "Marquee Memories" video, bottom right corner. Somehow I can't link straight to the video. Around the 1:10 minute mark.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Third time Animal Kingdom on TNT have played NIN during the show. Tonight’s episode featured Burning Bright during a boxing scene with Pope.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Third time Animal Kingdom on TNT have played NIN during the show. Tonight’s episode featured Burning Bright during a boxing scene with Pope.
    Was just coming here to post that lol

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Alexa Melo covers that Jonathan Cash Money song

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I am happy that they seem to be playing the newest NIN songs too, that doesn't tend to happen. Cool.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

i am in need of context

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    L o l, now that's a shred.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post

i am in need of context
    This is all the context I need.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The Erotics of Trent Reznor

makes my head hurt reading that.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    The Erotics of Trent Reznor

makes my head hurt reading that.
    The Fragile, the last Nine Inch Nails album I bought in stores, is twenty years old this year. Reznor has an Oscar and a wife and a paycheck from Apple. Like countless musicians — Harry Styles; the Beatles — he has shed the stigma of being some sweaty, shameful girl secret, and become an artiste. A legitimate musician; a part of the pantheon. By which I mean, mostly, men like him.
    what the fuck is this paragraph?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Did Siri dictate that shit?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    also, why the fuck am i reading this?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Just read it and....what?

There's so much to unpack there, but we should just burn the whole suitcase instead.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    also, why the fuck am i reading this?
    Because With Teeth Deluxe isn't out yet.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    a part of the nin "fandom" that we all want to escape

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I’m a dude but I wasn’t bothered by the article at all. I’m not trying to be contrarian but I don’t really get everyone being upset about it. I mean ultimately she’s a big fan. Just not in the same way as you. Shrug.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I’m a dude but I wasn’t bothered by the article at all. I’m not trying to be contrarian but I don’t really get everyone being upset about it. I mean ultimately she’s a big fan. Just not in the same way as you. Shrug.
    I think the reaction is due to there having been some fans who are ummm a bit nuts and obsessive ruining things for everyone else by harassing Trent and Mariqueen in 2009 on twitter