Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2019

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Raise your hand if you, too, pulled up Morphine on Spotify.
    On youtube, but yes. I really need to finally check MJ catalog as I only know like 5 songs of his.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horican View Post
    Calls the film a turd where everyone halfaased it, says the editor had really bad taste, the film they thought they would be doing wasnÂ’t what happened at all, and they took comfort in the thought no one would watch it (which wasnÂ’t what happened)

Also -they’re out of The Woman in the Window. Had a full “avant-garde” score in place for a film he calls very stylish and unique and almost Lynchian, and then test screenings and stuff came and forced beyond their control (Disney presumably) demanded the film be radically changed, so they’ve amicably split from it, and don’t know how the current cut looks except that they started over and everyone’s very frustrated
    thanks for the info, but what in the world is up with your apostrophe button?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    i wouldn’t count that out. If it’s good then maybe they’ll (null) want to release it. Remember, Still was rejected themes from One Hour Photo. See also, Bird Box / Null 09 Extended (the title now makes more sense knowing how TR feels about the Final Cut)
    I did not know that. Huh.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I just want a good scan of that last page.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I did not know that. Huh.

https://web.archive.org/web/20060106...7_04/index.php

Also, this references the broken movie a bit down again, and Gibby leaking it.
    Last edited by laststepdown; 12-20-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    thanks, I'll check that out when I get home as nin.com is blocked here.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    https://web.archive.org/web/20060106...7_04/index.php

Also, this references the broken movie a bit down again, and Gibby leaking it.
    Thanks for posting this. I love re-reading these whenever they surface and I wish they continued to be a semi-regular thing. Of course, I understand why TR disagrees.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Something that’s kinda freaky is the question about MJ and Morphine. I’ve had this exact discussion with friends and other fans a few times recently. It’s not just the rhythms that sound like NIN, but the lyrical subject matter is close to home too, as well as the quiet piano breakdown.

To my knowledge, the idea that NIN may have influenced that song isn’t something that has ever really been talked about before. But I guess I’m not the only one who’s been hearing it at this particular time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    The obvious choice would be Peter Murphy, who was listed as being in 'The' Nine Inch Nails for The Manhattan Project.

He's collaborated loads in the past. Mike Garson, Brian Viglione, Adrian Belew. My worry is that they'll replace Trent as vocalist, at which point it sort of ceases to be NIN for me.
    Yeah, not gonna lie... I'm afraid of that as well. Trent's voice and singing is what attracts me to NIN. I don't want NIN with Peter Murphy singing... It just isn't the same.
    I mean, if someone else wants to take vocal duties for a song, I think that's OK, but not the whole thing. Assuming it'll be another 6 track "album" again.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    The fact that there are people who had no problems dropping 200 dollars for dirt.....Seems more like something the lunatic fringe portion of the Tool fanbase would get into....I honestly believe if Trent sold his bowel movements for 300 dollars, there would be people buying it.....I hope part of the ARG for the people who bought the dirt is a business card to a local psychiatrist in their area

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post

He's collaborated loads in the past. Mike Garson, Brian Viglione, Adrian Belew. My worry is that they'll replace Trent as vocalist, at which point it sort of ceases to be NIN for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, not gonna lie... I'm afraid of that as well. Trent's voice and singing is what attracts me to NIN. I don't want NIN with Peter Murphy singing... It just isn't the same.
    I mean, if someone else wants to take vocal duties for a song, I think that's OK, but not the whole thing. Assuming it'll be another 6 track "album" again.
    Same here. If there's colaborations and revolving singers, use a different name. This is all speculation though.

Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    thanks for the info, but what in the world is up with your apostrophe button?
    Probably the keyboard/region. User location says Israel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    The fact that there are people who had no problems dropping 200 dollars for dirt.....Seems more like something the lunatic fringe portion of the Tool fanbase would get into....I honestly believe if Trent sold his bowel movements for 300 dollars, there would be people buying it.....I hope part of the ARG for the people who bought the dirt is a business card to a local psychiatrist in their area
    I think people are betting on the fact that TR has never burned his fans rifling through their pockets for loose change. Whatever it is (its probably not dirt), it'll be worth the $200. Its a leap of faith with someone who is respectful of his fans

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azad_ninja View Post
    I think people are betting on the fact that TR has never burned his fans rifling through their pockets for loose change. Whatever it is (its probably not dirt), it'll be worth the $200. Its a leap of faith with someone who is respectful of his fans
    Doesn’t look like they’re keeping people’s money at all, anyway.

From the NIN collector’s fb group —

Seems nuttier to believe Trent would actually burn his fans by charging $200 for dirt.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the coolest part of the interview for me was how he and Prince actually had a mutual respect for each other. (I'm a big Prince fan) Prince referencing one of his tracks to sound like it came from Broken, how cool. in fact, the more I think about it, Closer sounds like a darker version of something Prince would do from 80-82. heck, even "I wanna fuck you like an animal" isn't too far from Prince saying "I sincerely want to fuck the taste out of your mouth" in 1982!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Mega64 namedrops NIN at 6:09

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    I'm assuming the unedited version is still playback + tambourine mix.
    Been piecing my way through the Twin Peaks From Z to A box set since it arrived. The bonus version of "She's Gone Away" is indeed uncut, features a different shot of Atticus and Alessandro during the introduction, and what sounds like a more adventurous 5.1 mix than the one in the TV edit.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Same here. If there's colaborations and revolving singers, use a different name. This is all speculation though.

Probably the keyboard/region. User location says Israel.
    Bowie collaborated with people on almost every album. I wouldn’t be worried about it. Trent Reznor knows what makes it NIN and it has always been a a confessional vehicle for his personal thoughts and feelings he has always stayed centered on that, and has never put something out into the world that was crappy or that strayed too far from that core. I have every confidence that wherever he chooses to go next, whoever he involves, it will still be NIN at its core. He has to take risks if he is going to make anything great. He has to evolve. I am excited to see what’s next.

also I wouldn’t expect the usual suspects. The Manhattan Project was a fun alternate history, not a hint about the future.

I am willing to bet if he is looking to challenge himself and evolve as he always is, that he is looking forward and not backward, and I would expect the unexpected in terms of collaboration. Maybe people he respects from other genres would be my guess.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azad_ninja View Post
    Well... there was the limited-and-then-not-so-limited pressing of Deviations 1. I’m still pissed I waited for that for more than half a year after the preorder when I could have picked it up in any record store. Possibly at a lower price.

Trent has been very cool with his fans in general, but even an acknowledgement of that shit show would have been nice. So I, for one, probably wouldn’t have spent $200 on their store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I quite liked Bird Box (movie). It was far from perfect but it wasn't too bad.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I quite liked Bird Box (movie). It was far from perfect but it wasn't too bad.
    to me, it's a much more believable spin on "a quiet place". i definitely prefer it to a quiet place. i mean, restricting your vision and having to make your way about is one thing, but never farting/sneezing/coughing? give me a fucking break.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Article on Vice positing that NIN/TRAR is a "perfect soundtrack for the 2010s."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Another Revolver NIN feature on their web site, probably part of the issue releasing at the end of the year:

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/ni...reznors-studio

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    the coolest part of the interview for me was how he and Prince actually had a mutual respect for each other. (I'm a big Prince fan) Prince referencing one of his tracks to sound like it came from Broken, how cool. in fact, the more I think about it, Closer sounds like a darker version of something Prince would do from 80-82. heck, even "I wanna fuck you like an animal" isn't too far from Prince saying "I sincerely want to fuck the taste out of your mouth" in 1982!
    Call me crazy, but while I was painting a room the other day with "At The Heart Of It All" off of Further Down The Spiral playing, I subconsciously started humming "When Doves Cry". I was half way thru the song before i even realized i was doing it lol.. Now if i could only find an acapella with Prince's vocals.
    Last edited by r_k_f; 12-24-2019 at 09:15 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Agreed.. I still wish we got versions of Reptile and HLAH the way they were performed with Murphy for 99x radio, but without him. No offense to Murphy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d1stinct View Post
    Another Revolver NIN feature on their web site, probably part of the issue releasing at the end of the year:

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/ni...reznors-studio
    this is just a summary of the interview itself, nothing spectacularly new here.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Playing Pictionary with the Fam on Christmas Eve.

15772447999308287015453330183223.jpg

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    https://entertainment.theonion.com/t...y-t-1840541088

MERCER, PA—Retreating to his room after yet another screaming argument, Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor reportedly spoiled his family’s Christmas gathering for the 31st year in a row Wednesday by continually interrupting relatives to tell them their religion was total bullshit.. “It’s the same thing every year: We’ll be saying grace, Trent will refuse to bow his head, and then the rest of the meal is him going on and on about how Christianity was developed as a system of mind control and we’re all brainwashed,” said Reznor’s uncle, Clyde Reznor, who joked that it was almost a family tradition watching the 54-year-old Oscar-winning songwriter and composer slouch in the pews at Christmas Eve mass and cough the word “liar” into his fist during the priest’s homily. “I can’t even say ‘bless you’ when someone sneezes without that kid rolling his eyes at me. At first we all thought it was just a phase, but nope, Trent still colors his fingernails with permanent marker and calls his cousins ‘sheep’ when they want to watch It’s A Wonderful Life. I’ll tell you, though, he sure was happy to open up his presents this morning. Funny how that works, huh?” At press time, the platinum-selling artist was reportedly out in the driveway sitting behind the wheel of his ’91 Ford Taurus and blasting “Head Like A Hole” at full volume.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    The onion is often funny. But nobody can pull it off every time.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I thought it was funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this is just a summary of the interview itself, nothing spectacularly new here.
    could someone please scan the interview? pretty please.