Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    God damned Bolton hates Iran. And the Republicans are saying they’re getting “Intel” about Iran that I don’t believe.
    They had all that believable intel from Iraq too. All that “evidence” Colin Powell presented to the UN was fabricated. But since America totally ignores that fact about the bush presidency I can see why the trump admin feels like they can make shit up.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    They had all that believable intel from Iraq too. All that “evidence” Colin Powell presented to the UN was fabricated. But since America totally ignores that fact about the bush presidency I can see why the trump admin feels like they can make shit up.
    There are STILL Republicans who believe that it was right to attack Iraq. It’s nuts. They say there really were WMDs and we didn’t find them and/or we had to because Saddam Hussein was gassing people. Never mind that the Sept. 11 terrorists were mostly from Saudi Arabia and were financed by the Saudi crown. To these people, we had to go shoot some terrorist towel heads and the dart landed on Iraq.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    This is all about Trump considering re-election. He thinks if he gets us stuck in a war with Iran it'll increase his odds of being re-elected.

Yes, I really think it's that simple.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    This is all about Trump considering re-election. He thinks if he gets us stuck in a war with Iran it'll increase his odds of being re-elected.

Yes, I really think it's that simple.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I’ve worked in REO sale closings since 2008.

Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK. (Btw, a GSE is a Government-sponsored enterprise, like Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae.)

BEN CARSON IS THE HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Oh, and re Trump supporters and bombing Iran:

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    "I'm not being a drama-queen here..."

Yes. Yes you are Alex.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Ben Carson and pretty much all other Trump cabinet appointees (Mnuchin being one exception I can think of) were hired because of their inexperience. It’s par for the course. Trump is getting away with obstruction and collusion because essentially “he didn’t comprehend what he was getting into.” Failing upward is kind of his deal. Why wouldn’t he apply the same strategy throughout his administration and hire lawyers to figure the rest out?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I’ve never been more convinced of his guilt than I am right now. Wish I had some popcorn for that press briefing/public fit.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So, now that Pelosi has publicly said "Trump is engaged in a cover-up," what will be next?

Will they go for impeachment soon, or is it better to use this as ammunition for 2020? I'm afraid that if he is impeached, there's little chance of the necessary votes happening in the Senate, and it would all be for nothing: Trump would claim TOTAL EXONERATION again, and his people would support him. Also, removing him, I think, is fucking dangerous, as, it would make a martyr of him.

BUT, what if they possibly COULD get the 2/3 in the senate?

Either way, this is pretty exciting.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-22-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

“I don’t do cover ups” means “I totally participated in obstruction”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So, now that Pelosi has publicly said "Trump is engaged in a cover-up," what will be next?
    More bitching and whining from both sides with nothing getting done.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    More bitching and whining from both sides with nothing getting done.
    I'm an optimist here.... I think we've been sitting through this being the way things are, and it's maddening, but... I truly feel like a shift is happening here. For the first time in a while, when someone tells me "just be patient," I don't immediately feel like screaming until my eyes bleed.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm an optimist here.... I think we've been sitting through this being the way things are, and it's maddening, but... I truly feel like a shift is happening here. For the first time in a while, when someone tells me "just be patient," I don't immediately feel like screaming until my eyes bleed.
    Something will happen, but it's going to take everyone putting their dicks and rulers away for things to get going. We're not at that point just yet.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I don't feel a shift at all. If anything, with the EC still in place, I truly feel like we've got a repeat of 2016 coming up. I hope to god I'm wrong, but my gut feeling is that we're completely fucked.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Even with the EC in place, which of course it will be, if Trump is re-elected, then fuck this country we suck I’m out. I am lucky I have a Canadian passport, and I guess I’d rather watch Trudeau play with pandas and get pissed about climate change inaction. Seriously, no joke, I can’t take four more years of this shit. My hair is going gray and I look like I’ve aged a decade for every year this fuckers been in there.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Have you guys seen this?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Even with the EC in place, which of course it will be, if Trump is re-elected ...
    ... and if the Democrats are still in charge of the House, Trump will be impeached and I’m pretty sure whatever is dug up during the impeachment hearings will be enough to remove him from office or force him to resign.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Have you guys seen this?
    Eddie Lampert is what happened to Sears. Everyone else involved, while far from innocent, would never have crawled out of the woodwork if Eddie Fuckface hadn't destroyed the company from within. And since the bankruptcy courts basically handed it right back to him, he's going to bleed it even more and come out smelling like a would-be savior hero.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

I can't believe I missed this in april. He wants people to look into the oranges of the investigation: you know, how it all started, how it originated - the oranges.

Things really are heating up. Isn't refusing subpoenas obstruction of justice, in and of itself?

Also, this whole idea of politicizing the intelligence apparatus of our country is frightening - having trump loyalists investigating those who are just doing their jobs, which, happens to produce information that casts the awful bastard in an unfavorable light.

We are truly in uncharted territory.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I think it's so strange how he describes himself as "an extremely stable genius." Why would anyone need to place so much emphasis on their stability? Such a bizarre way to brag about yourself.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Eddie Lampert is what happened to Sears. Everyone else involved, while far from innocent, would never have crawled out of the woodwork if Eddie Fuckface hadn't destroyed the company from within. And since the bankruptcy courts basically handed it right back to him, he's going to bleed it even more and come out smelling like a would-be savior hero.
    Yup. Did you watch the above video? It’s an Eddie Lampert Horror Story.

The Tweet is incorrect; the video is a tad about Mnuchin - who was on the Sears board and was Lampert’s college roommate - but it’s mostly about Lampert.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-24-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Trump rolls back transgender civil rights for no reason other than “Obama did it,” or maybe as a dose of “owning the libs” to feed his base. so I’m sure this is a win-win as far as he’s concerned

all this coming on the heels of newly allowing orphanages to claim religous exception to same-sex couples looking to adopt.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-24-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    This is fucking horrifying. A doctored video of Nancy Pelosi speaking, that made her appear to be, like, slurring her words, is spreading like wildfire online.

And, Trump had a similar video pinned to his Twitter, and, just recently took it down, but, not before exposing it to tens of millions of people.

I was concerned about cgi, in the future, making it hard to know what's real and what isn't. But I didn't think about shit like THIS.

Right now, there are millions of people who think that Pelosi is senile/insane, because of a fake video, being spread by THE FUCKING POTUS!

This is sort of a "lowest of the low" for me. I can't believe it.

I fear that the 2020 campaign will be FULL of such things. These technologies are giving rise to the ULTIMATE "fake news." I thought we'd have to wait for cgi that was undiscernable from reality, before shit like this became a problem , but it's happening NOW.

Guys, I'm scared. I'm honestly terrified for this country. The trump phenomenon has brought out the worst of Americans. Trump will be gone, one way or another, but the division he has stirred up, and, the precedents he is setting- well, you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.

What's happening now could truly be the end of this country as we know it.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    This is fucking horrifying. A doctored video of Nancy Pelosi speaking, that made her appear to be, like, slurring her words, is spreading like wildfire online.

And, Trump had a similar video pinned to his Twitter, and, just recently took it down, but, not before exposing it to tens of millions of people.

I was concerned about cgi, in the future, making it hard to know what's real and what isn't. But I didn't think about shit like THIS.

Right now, there are millions of people who think that Pelosi is senile/insane, because of a fake video, being spread by THE FUCKING POTUS!

This is sort of a "lowest of the low" for me. I can't believe it.

I fear that the 2020 campaign will be FULL of such things. These technologies are giving rise to the ULTIMATE "fake news." I thought we'd have to wait for cgi that was undiscernable from reality, before shit like this became a problem , but it's happening NOW.

Guys, I'm scared. I'm honestly terrified for this country. The trump phenomenon has brought out the worst of Americans. Trump will be gone, one way or another, but the division he has stirred up, and, the precedents he is setting- well, you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.

What's happening now could truly be the end of this country as we know it.
    Then you're really not gonna want to see this.

However...in light of a fake video of Pelosi going around, here are some very real photos from this week of what appear to be Don's hand written notes - complete with spelling mistakes that I genuinely believe may be the result of a person with a degenerative mental disorder.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    “Achomplishments”

Ugh

Attachment 492
    Last edited by allegro; 05-24-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Pelosi is a dangerous foil for a president who operates on impulse

Pelosi knows that unless and until there is overwhelming, bipartisan support for such an effort, it will end with Trump’s acquittal in the Senate. And that would only help him win another four years in office. “He wants to be impeached so he can be exonerated by the Senate,” she told top Democrats in a private meeting. “His actions are villainous to the Constitution of the United States.”

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Now Trump is circumventing Congress and selling arms to the Saudis:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/24/w...east-iran.html

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Can't he be impeached solely on the grounds of being mentally unfit? jfc who even cares about the crimes at this point.... (i don't REALLY mean that because those are seriously important and shouldn't be diminished in any way but you know what i mean)

This guy is demented as fuck, there should be like an independent physician assigned to him that can't be bought so you guys actually have an official written undisputed conclusion regarding the state of his health.

HE IS CLEARLY UNFIT TO GOVERN!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    They need to invoke the 25th.