Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    impending war with Iran now seeming almost certain... This whole situation is fucked. I feel like we're walking into "a second Cuban Missile Crisis," but this time, we have an unpredictable dumbfuck with his finger hovering over the nuclear button, instead of a measured leader who at least put some effort into the idea that his word could at least be trusted... that he'd do what he said. Instead we have a "leader" who says, ON TWITTER, "hey, I almost attacked you last night!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    all a political move. if we're in a war, it can benefit trump in two ways. 1) "I'm the only one who can get us out of this" and uses that for re-election to his base and 2) "I lost but the next person is screwed with the war"

Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    problem is it's a "political move" by someone who clearly does not understand Iran, somehow...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    who doesn't understand Iran, or anything, for that matter...

..we really need to get him out. even when he's gone, he's already planted such a deep seed of poison in the country.

Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Yeah, I don't think Iran gives a FUCK, and, I don't think we really want it with them.
    It would be a nasty, bloody, possibly nuclear war, that would ultimately end with "Post Iran."

Then there's the possibility of Russia and China forming a coalition with Iran. At the very least, we'd likely have Lebanon and Hezbollah to deal with- a war with Iran would cause all KINDS of disruption in the region. There are groups who support Iran all over the Middle East.

Remember that country song that says "I don't know the difference between Iraq and Iran?"

I think this is likely true of Our Fearless Leader.

An Iranian conflict would different than any other war in US history: it would be asymmetrical warfare, with a complex enemy who I DON'T think would back down. And, what if it included terrorist style attacks on the US?
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-21-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Anyone who thinks full scale war with Iran wouldn’t result in terrorist funding.... aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrggg... WHY DID WE PULL OUT OF THE IRAN NUCLEAR DEAL? Did we ever even get an answer to that?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    We're all gonna die.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    WHY DID WE PULL OUT OF THE IRAN NUCLEAR DEAL? Did we ever even get an answer to that?
    I think basically just because it was signed in during the Obama administration. In Trump's childlike brain, anything Obama did was inherently bad and must be negated no matter what it is.

Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Well yeah, I know Trump’s big “plan” has been to undo everything-Obama, which makes racists happy on a conceptual level, cuz now if they close their eyes tight and wish really hard it’s almost like there never was a black president... but did we ever get an official attempt at a reasonable explanation? How is Trump not objectively eating crow right now for fucking this up so badly and predictably?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Well yeah, I know Trump’s big “plan” has been to undo everything-Obama, which makes racists happy on a conceptual level, cuz now if they close their eyes tight and wish really hard it’s almost like there never was a black president... but did we ever get an official attempt at a reasonable explanation? How is Trump not objectively eating crow right now for fucking this up so badly and predictably?
    I haven't looked very hard into this, but last time I checked, the "official" explanation for opting out of the nuclear deal is that it's not a "permanent" solution, which, according to opponents, means that Obama would "give" Iran nukes by having a deal that would expire at some point. It feels like it's not just another reversal of an Obama-era accomplishment, but also an attempt at looking "heroic" for his base, along the lines of: "Hey, Iran, I demand you to restart your nuclear program so I can demand you to shut it down permanently!"

Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Trump and his team need to learn one thing about how our country works, for a reason; everything expires.

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    This isn't really something we didn't know already, but I wanted to recognize the Salt Lake Tribune for this well-written and appropriately scathing editorial.

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/edito...torial-yes-we/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Iran gives a FUCK, and, I don't think we really want it with them.
    It would be a nasty, bloody, possibly nuclear war, that would ultimately end with "Post Iran."

Then there's the possibility of Russia and China forming a coalition with Iran. At the very least, we'd likely have Lebanon and Hezbollah to deal with- a war with Iran would cause all KINDS of disruption in the region. There are groups who support Iran all over the Middle East.

Remember that country song that says "I don't know the difference between Iraq and Iran?"

I think this is likely true of Our Fearless Leader.

An Iranian conflict would different than any other war in US history: it would be asymmetrical warfare, with a complex enemy who I DON'T think would back down. And, what if it included terrorist style attacks on the US?
    I love your line " I don't know what the difference between Iraq and Iran." It brought up memories of South Park where Saddam was taking over Canada and they couldn't differentiate between the two Middle East Countries. "Iran/Iraq. What the Hell's the difference?" lol