Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    EVERY time someone on Twitter insists that drugs are coming in over the Mexican border and that a Wall will stop it, I point them to links showing that most of those drugs are coming in via vehicles through border checkpoints (an average of 1 in 5 vehicles are scanned, agents must have just cause) or via elaborate tunnels, the number of which have been increasing as more fencing is erected.

]
    Oh yeah! They also fly drugs over with drones, build ramps to drive drug filled vehicles over extant fencing, build fucking SUBMARINES packed full of drugs.

Anyone who thinks any kind of fence or wall is going to stop the Sinaloas and the Zetas doesn't have a fucking CLUE about these organizations.

Oh, wait. That makes sense, because the guy demanding the wall doesn't know shit about shit.

Or, he DOES know, and this is just symbolic. But it's a terribly fucked up symbol. I swear to god, this wall could be the low point in American politics since I've been following it. It probably is.

Canada won't have me. I wish we had the money to move to Sweden. You need a roommate @RocketScience ?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    He stuck to the script so at least he made sense, grammatically speaking.
    It looked like it was causing him physical pain to stick to the script. For a second there I thought he wasn't going to mention the wall and end this bullshit and then...nope.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 01-09-2019 at 07:26 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    All this “emergency address on the border crisis” seems to be overshadowing yesterday’s revelations about Manafort sharing polling data and discussed the Russia-Ukraine situation with a Russian intel agent. This came out from a redaction error.

So much for “Paul Manafort did all the bad stuff before he joined my campaign” and “nobody involved in my campaign was in contact with Russian intelligence.” God I wish they’d hurry this up.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    President Googoo Gaagaa throws tantrum; storms out of meeting with Democrats regarding the shutdown.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/09/u...mp-senate.html

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I just thought of something this morning- is the shutdown going to fuck federal financial aid? Mine is due to be disbursed on the 25th and that was my plan for paying tuition + my next six months of rent. Gonna be REAL fucked if this interferes!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I just thought of something this morning- is the shutdown going to fuck federal financial aid? Mine is due to be disbursed on the 25th and that was my plan for paying tuition + my next six months of rent. Gonna be REAL fucked if this interferes!
    Well, there's this re: student aid: https://www.uncf.org/the-latest/gove...ed-student-aid . Course, I don't trust anything I read online anymore.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah, this is NOT a full Government shut down; only about 25% of the Government isn’t funded. The rest is funded through September.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'm really pissed off about this now because of the flight impact it's having. I have three flights coming up this month alone, including one out of Denver, which sucks balls on a good day. I don't want to think about how bad it'll be if all the TSA employees who can't afford to work for free anymore* are absent in order to make ends meet elsewhere. There's also this aspect of it.

I just....ugh. I know, first world problems when compared to the people who are actually going without pay right now.

*yes, I know, back pay. But if you're living paycheck to paycheck, you can't count on back pay with an IOU date of "TBD".

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I'm really pissed off about this now because of the flight impact it's having. I have three flights coming up this month alone, including one out of Denver, which sucks balls on a good day. I don't want to think about how bad it'll be if all the TSA employees who can't afford to work for free anymore* are absent in order to make ends meet elsewhere. There's also this aspect of it.

I just....ugh. I know, first world problems when compared to the people who are actually going without pay right now.

*yes, I know, back pay. But if you're living paycheck to paycheck, you can't count on back pay with an IOU date of "TBD".
    Even though Indianapolis isn't a packed airport, I had no issues going through Atlanta or New York. I just felt bad for the people working for free...hopefully people are more reasonable with them.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So just to help clear this up for me, people actually doing jobs like TSA employees currently aren't getting paid, but pieces of shit like fuckface Mitch McConnell are?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    So just to help clear this up for me, people actually doing jobs like TSA employees currently aren't getting paid, but pieces of shit like fuckface Mitch McConnell are?
    Correct.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Gofundme to refund all donors for the wall after it fails to reach $1B goal.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/border-...rt-2019-01-11/

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Kolfage, an Air Force veteran, claimed that he would start his own charity and organize resources to begin construction on the wall. He tapped former Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach and Blackwater founder Erik Prince as advisers.

“We are better equipped than our own government to use the donated funds to build an actual wall on the southern border,” he said. “Our team strongly believes that we can complete our segments of the wall for less than half of the government’s estimated costs on a per mile basis.”

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha

lolololololol man Kobach is such a fucking cartoonishly stupid asshole.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    and so Trump is Twittering like crazy about it now... it’s been revealed that he was being investigated by the FBI for possibly being a stooge for a hostile foreign government, something unprecedented in US history, and he’s trying to spin his way out of it on Twitter.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    and so Trump is Twittering like crazy about it now... it’s been revealed that he was being investigated by the FBI for possibly being a stooge for a hostile foreign government, something unprecedented in US history, and he’s trying to spin his way out of it on Twitter.
    I mean...to clarify, it's not like the investigation came up with "holy shit you guys, he was working for them!" But the fact that they even had a credible reason to open that investigation should make people wonder why the fuck we'd ever let him in the building in the first place.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I thought this tweet was really funny...

It's such a weird defense tactic. "Chaos? How can there be chaos when I'm this sad and alone?"

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Bragging that everyone has abandoned him and left him alone. Wow.

We've got a minimum age for running for office; maybe it's time to put a stopper on the upper end of that too.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    ^I was just thinking about that, and honestly, what it really comes down to is that I don't want dumb people in charge, regardless of age. So idk, maybe they should have yearly tests for IQ and cognitive ability or something along those lines. That would take care of aging politicians like Reagan who are losing their shit, and it would also keep out morons like Bush Jr.

None of which addresses ethics, good politics, etc, but it would be a nice starting place.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    My god.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    He should leave them there for a week and come back and eat them all, if he's so proud of them

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So quick question, if the Government shut down last until Groundhog Day and the Groundhog sees it's shadow (you know where I'm going with this)... does that mean six more weeks of Government shut down?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    My god.

I hadn't realized until now that this only happened because most of the people who would normally be in charge of this are...you guessed it...furloughed right now.

So just to clarify, the BEST that the President of the United States of America could come up with for feeding guests to the White House was lukewarm fast food.

Jesus, this office is a joke that just writes itself. But not a funny joke.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Donald McDonald or President McCheese, hmm not sure which one suits him better.

Oh and we have this gem!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I hadn't realized until now that this only happened because most of the people who would normally be in charge of this are...you guessed it...furloughed right now.

So just to clarify, the BEST that the President of the United States of America could come up with for feeding guests to the White House was lukewarm fast food.

Jesus, this office is a joke that just writes itself. But not a funny joke.
    Our household income is like 50k a year, we have a disabled kid to pay bills for and even we will spring for something better than fast food when we get catering for honored guests of some kind.

This doofus got millions of people to worship him based on hIs SuCcEsS aS a bUsInEsSmAn. I'm just...befuddled. I honestly don't get how people got sucked in by this. He's got no business acumen, he's soft in the brain, he's got the charm of a tapeworm, zero self-awareness; and that's not even touching the deeper issues of his racism, illegal behavior etc.

What is there to worship? Where's the "wow" factor? There's nothing admirable there. Nothing. At least with most authoritarians, you can make the claim that they are intelligent (in a conniving sort of way) or convincing orators or handsome or SOMETHING. Trump has none of those qualities.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Trump is wealthy, white, and male. That’s pretty much all you need to get a LOT of the country to like you.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    All I want is Trump's face on the ERMAHGERD girl's body saying ERMAHGERD, HAMBERDERS!"

Is this too much to ask?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Trump is wealthy, white, and male. That’s pretty much all you need to get a LOT of the country to like you.
    You forgot fake Christian. They forgive him for the pussy grabbing because he pretends to love their Christ. The old white Christians I grew up with love him and think he’s just great. On face book they post border wall memes and claim trump’s working for free. Because Jesus, y’all.