Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1787

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think Trump cares if he gets impeached or not. He'll just shrug it off and use it as a way to put his name in the history books...for all the wrong reasons of course. Just another way to insult the office of the presidency.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i just flat out stopped paying attention, as of late, and it's drastically reduced my anxiety
    I wish I could do that. My problem is that I feel a horrible disconnect from the world if I stop reading the news, including the anxiety-inducing stuff. The anxiety I get from feeling like I don't have my head wrapped around the present is worse than the anxiety I get from the news itself - not by a large margin, mind you, but enough that I need to feel informed. I honestly envy people who can just turn it off.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I care about politics though, I think that it matters.

I don't want to turn away from something I think is important because of the orange shitsack.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I was following very closely for a while. Now I've gone back to my original thinking that no matter what evidence is brought up, he'll still skate free of consequences from the GOP controlled senate, and we likely have another 4 years of this asshat to choke down as well. I just hope the nation survives that.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I wish I could do that. My problem is that I feel a horrible disconnect from the world if I stop reading the news, including the anxiety-inducing stuff. The anxiety I get from feeling like I don't have my head wrapped around the present is worse than the anxiety I get from the news itself - not by a large margin, mind you, but enough that I need to feel informed. I honestly envy people who can just turn it off.
    I definitely understand that. To be clear, I didn't TOTALLY stop paying attention.
    I watch news clips on YouTube, of all places, and I just went from watching 10 trump related clips a day to 1.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    My solution is to treat the news like people used to when all you had was the morning/evening newspaper. I check in early in my day and at night, but beyond that, I don't engage with it. Life is short, and I don't need constant reminders of all the shitty things people are doing to each other, especially when so much "news" is just regurgitated bits of information mixed in with heaping helps of people's opinions.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Sorry to go off-topic, but for a split second I thought from the frame grab above that James Cordon was Chris Farley and I got REALLY confused about what was happening.

Someone please tell me they see it too.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Sorry to go off-topic, but for a split second I thought from the frame grab above that James Cordon was Chris Farley and I got REALLY confused about what was happening.

Someone please tell me they see it too.
    You're not alone. I had to do a double-take.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    He is just a troll at this point.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    at this point? implying that he wasn't at some point in the past?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-center-honors

Linda Ronstadt tells Pompeo he will be loved when he 'stops enabling Trump'

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/08/opini...ler/index.html

Linda Ronstadt's delicious takedown of Mike Pompeo

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Barry Berke is grilling Castor and it's so good!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Coulter, OMG!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    LOL

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Jesus... what a nightmare tweet storm of bullshit today. I'd say "this isn't how a president acts," but we're well past that I guess, and this is just insane.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    If stress and anger really do take years off of your life, then Greta Thunberg being named Time's Person of the Year for 2019 has probably decreased Don's lifespan, potentially making way for someone who understands climate science to start making good decisions.

Very circuitous way of saving the world, but hey, I'll take it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Most normal leaders, hell even bad leaders, would look at the TIME thing and say "congratulations Greta, you are inspiring a generation" if for nothing more then some free and easy PR, but mostly just because it's the correct thing to do...but this is the soggy wotsit, he only knows how to put people, even children, down.
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 12-13-2019 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Am I reading this right? What I'm taking away is "the jury foreman is coordinating with the defense attorney". Is...come on, is this really a thing?

I know I was naive to expect a fair, careful, and well-researched process if this gets past the first phase. But what the hell?

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and President Donald Trump's top lawyer sketched out a plan Thursday to coordinate closely for an impeachment trial but haven't reached agreement on a final strategy to defend Trump against charges of high crimes and misdemeanors, according to two sources familiar with the conversation.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    If Trump’s taxes and financials determine tax fraud and that he cooked the books for loans, etc., these Republicans are gonna look so good having defended this Mob Boss the whole time.

Not.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    If Trump’s taxes and financials determine tax fraud and that he cooked the books for loans, etc., these Republicans are gonna look so good having defended this Mob Boss the whole time.

Not.
    The sad thing is, they won't look bad.

"What we were supposed to do...LET THE LIBS WIN????" And Republican voters will eat it up.

Republicans already look bad if you have a shred of human decency. Bad is putting it nicely, even. But our two party system is "us vs them", and while Democrats are fighting feverishly to do things like slow down catastrophic climate change, enact laws that treat people with decency, make healthcare affordable, and generally uphold the constitution, Republicans are fighting to "own the libs". Disheartening is not a strong enough word for the state of affairs we're in.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    We're long past pretending to be impartial or fair. That's been dead for a long time.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

I made this

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    DOJ quietly posts internal legal opinions about immunity from congressional testimony

The Justice Department on Thursday quietly published on its website some never-before-seen internal legal opinions that could help President Donald Trump block congressional requests as he faces impeachment by the US House and a trial in the Senate. Eight of the opinions appear to bolster the White House's stonewalling of Congress on witness testimony and document subpoenas. The opinions date back to the 1970s, when President Richard Nixon faced impeachment, and the early 1980s. One from 1982 was written by the former head of the Office of Legal Counsel at the request of Rudy Giuliani, who at the time worked within the Justice Department.
    though I should be shocked, lots of stuff has happened with this government.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Sometimes I have premonitions about things - that is, I'll wake up and I feel like I just experienced something that didn't actually happen, but not in the "I had a dream about this" sense.

This morning, I woke up with the distinct feeling that I had been scrolling through the news and seeing that the house had voted NOT to impeach.

Please let this be one of those premonitions that is wildly wrong.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Sometimes I have premonitions about things - that is, I'll wake up and I feel like I just experienced something that didn't actually happen, but not in the "I had a dream about this" sense.

This morning, I woke up with the distinct feeling that I had been scrolling through the news and seeing that the house had voted NOT to impeach.

Please let this be one of those premonitions that is wildly wrong.
    No, he'll be impeached.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I figure impeached but not removed, same as Clinton.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I figure impeached but not removed, same as Clinton.
    I mean, I'm thinking that that's what happens. But apparently the resting part of my brain has other thoughts.

AP is already calling that the house has the votes: https://apnews.com/47b1445b11abcb4f7375cb33027fb152

Like I said, just my brain being an asshole, I hope.