Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    781 Post(s)
    I highly recommend this clip of the episode of Rachel Maddow from this past Friday, June 14th, with Ali Velshi, wherein Ali gives several examples of Trump telling people to break laws or Trump saying he'd break laws, himself.

Trump operates like "There's a NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN, Donald J. Trump, and any laws or judicial decisions before me no longer count because ... Trump!"

Except if anyone actually does what he suggests, their own ass is on the line because, of course, what they'd be doing is actually illegal.

And Trump, as the POTUS, is the Executive, charged with executing the laws of the land (not breaking them).

This is just FUBAR.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Trump openly bragged about tax avoidance and sex assault before being elected. Now that he’s king of the world of course he thinks there’s no consequences for his actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    While we're at it, a hallmark "dog-whistle" we've seen in plain sight, but who knows what's really going on anymore (is he fucking nuts, evil, both?! Is he racist or does he just use racists?!?!?!)... the "unfortunate delay" of the Harriet Tubman twenty dollar bill has predictably rolled out to sound a lot like a marching order from Trump.

Mnuchin is a lying sycophantic coward enabler, and I hope he wakes up screaming every night.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/14/u...WagMi_AYliHfrw

Mentioned
    781 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Trump openly bragged about tax avoidance and sex assault before being elected. Now that he’s king of the world of course he thinks there’s no consequences for his actions.
    This isn't just about his illegal actions; that's par for the course.

This is about him TELLING OTHER PEOPLE to commit illegal acts. And then, of course, if they get into trouble for it, Trump will deny that he had anything to do with it, and skates away unscathed, and the people he told to commit the acts? Prison. But if they're successful, he takes credit for the illegal acts. He's a gangster.

From the above video: Trump urged Native American leaders to extract resources from their land

In late June, President Trump hosted a group of Native American tribal leaders at the White House and urged them to "just do it" and extract whatever they want from the land they control.

The exchange turned out to be an unusually vivid window into the almost kingly power that Trump sees himself as holding, and which he has begun describing with increasing bluntness. The scene was recounted by a source in the room and confirmed by another. The White House didn't dispute the story.

The chiefs explained to Trump that there were regulatory barriers preventing them from getting at their energy. Trump replied: "But now it's me. The government's different now. Obama's gone; and we're doing things differently here."

"So what I'm saying is, just do it."

There was a pause in the room and the tribal leaders looked at each other.

"Chief, chief," Trump continued, addressing one of the tribal leaders, "what are they going to do? Once you get it out of the ground are they going to make you put it back in there? I mean, once it's out of the ground it can't go back in there. You've just got to do it. I'm telling you, chief, you've just got to do it."

The tribal leader looked back at one of the White House officials in the room — perhaps somebody from the White House Counsel's office — and he said "can we just do that?" The official equivocated, saying the administration is making progress and has a plan to roll back various regulations.

Trump interjected again: "Guys, I feel like you're not hearing me right now. We've just got to do it. I feel like we've got no choice; other countries are just doing it. China is not asking questions about all of this stuff. They're just doing it. And guys, we've just got to do it."
    Last edited by Cat Mom; Yesterday at 07:01 PM.