Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1787

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I don't know how quickly dementia progresses, but my guess is that as long as his cronies can prop him up, they will continue to do so.
    https://prospect.org/article/what-if...-decompensated

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I’m so anti-Trump, I’m ok with post-birth abortions. Fuck it. Just get rid of this fucking guy or we are all going to die.

and... I’m not sure why this latest obscene lie w/ the map and the sharpie “correction” bugs me so much, but it REALLY does. I feel like I’m going crazy

edit: and it’s important to note that not only does he almost certainly seem to be suffering from dementia, he’s also been a lifelong narcissist sociopath, so let’s not let that fully unpack with his finger on the neclear button, please America?! I know, a lot of you fucking morons thought it’d be fun if the Apprentice became real and had real consequences, and some of y’all just feel like white people have it so rough right now or whatever, but the president is LITERALLY a demented sociopath... so, funs over, let’s stop this shit before it’s too late
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-05-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    I fucking loathe this motherfucking piece of shit. If we don't manage to vote him out of office at this point, this country is fucked.

https://twitter.com/PlinianWinds/sta...055647232?s=19
    I just posted about how much I fucking hate bitchmade J trump on Facebook, and, that I hate him more than anyone, ever. I prefer Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden, SERIOUSLY. I hope to god that trump fucking DIES, asap. I don't want him to be assassinated, though,because he would become a martyr for backward ass, hateful, fellow pieces of shit. I want these type of idiots to be deported🙂

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I was just reading about the possibility of Trump having dementia, and I'm convinced.

Looking back now, as much as I wanted to see him impeached, Pelosi's statements of him not being worth impeaching make a hell of a lot more sense. If she knew about the dementia and how quickly it appears to be progressing, then not impeaching was a very smart move.

Imagine all the circus around his impeachment while he's simultaneously deteriorating. He could start to look sympathetic.

Now without an impeachment proceeding, it's the republicans that will have to remove him. And with them being unable to hide him, dementia's going to take away their choice to not remove him pretty quickly.

Pelosi was right, he's not worth impeaching. Let the republicans take the hate from his base when they have to remove him. Why let them accuse you of whatever awful thing they'll invent to accuse you of when dementia's going to have him removed from office on a pretty similar timeline to an impeachment proceeding?
    I have to disagree. For the sake of this argument, let's say he does have dementia. It's still seems to be in what would likely be the early stages. Which means two years ago, it was even earlier - if not outright missing at that point. He was still committing impeachable offenses back then. By not moving forward with it, it's a formal statement that we have to draw the line somewhere, and apparently all of the crimes he's committed so far are acceptable.

Republicans will never remove him from office. He could be captured on video walking into the Rose Garden in his underwear at 3am and giving a press conference to a shrub and NO ONE would even discuss the 25th. I don't see how you feel dementia has the power to take away their choice to remove him. He is literally tweeting out top secret classified intel and drawing on maps to go "see? you're all a bunch of meanies, my lie totally wasn't a lie!" and they're just going "whatever, as long as the libtards aren't in office it's fine".

I'm aware that a congressional impeachment would not remove him from office, and I'm aware the Senate would never vote to impeach. But I feel like for the sake of history books and setting precedent, he needs to face the music.

And think about this: if the biggest concern is that he starts to look sympathetic, then that means people are admitting that he's mentally unfit for office. And if they're admitting that, then it's up to the GOP to act on removing him. The blame for allowing an unfit man to continue will fall squarely on their shoulders in that scenario. But I don't think that would happen. I think the independent and Republican voters who don't want to cast a ballot for him in 2020 will not suddenly change their minds because of an impeachment proceeding.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Would it violate the ADA (or anything similar) to enact legislation barring a person from running for / holding the presidency if they had a certain neurological disease like dementia or Alzheimer’s? I’m not saying ban all mental illnesses - but just the ones that would otherwise make an attorney say “you can’t sign this contract; you’re not of sound mind and body”. Like...it bothers me that my grandmother may not be able to make decisions about her estate because a lawyer and/or doctor requires her to be tested and is found to be incapable of making clear decisions, meanwhile the person in the Oval Office is under no obligation to undergo such scrutiny and can literally damage the entire world as a result of going unchecked.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @Demogorgon , I understand your Faceplam. It's coarse language, and it's terrible to wish death on a person. I don't think I ever have before.
    I'm one of the gentlest people you'll ever meet, and I don't WANT to feel this way, like, at all. But it's just true. I don't say that shit lightly, or to get a reaction.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    And on that note, it’s worth mentioning that time he tried to sue The fucking Onion for writing this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...1819584806/amp

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Breaking news tonight:

Air Force crew made an odd stop on a routine trip: Trump’s Scottish resort

In early Spring of this year, an Air National Guard crew made a routine trip from the U.S. to Kuwait to deliver supplies.

What wasn’t routine was where the crew stopped along the way: President Donald Trump’s Turnberry resort, about 50 miles outside Glasgow, Scotland.

Since April, the House Oversight Committee has been investigating why the crew on the C-17 military transport plane made the unusual stay — both en route to the Middle East and on the way back — at the luxury waterside resort, according to several people familiar with the incident. But they have yet to receive any answers from the Pentagon.

The inquiry is part of a broader, previously unreported probe into U.S. military expenditures at and around the Trump property in Scotland. According to a letter the panel sent to the Pentagon in June, the military has spent $11 million on fuel at the Prestwick Airport — the closest airport to Trump Turnberry — since October 2017, fuel that would be cheaper if purchased at a U.S. military base. The letter also cites a Guardian report that the airport provided cut-rate rooms and free rounds of golf at Turnberry for U.S. military members.

Taken together, the incidents raise the possibility that the military has helped keep Trump’s Turnberry resort afloat — the property lost $4.5 million in 2017, but revenue went up $3 million in 2018.

“The Defense Department has not produced a single document in this investigation,” said a senior Democratic aide on the oversight panel. “The committee will be forced to consider alternative steps if the Pentagon does not begin complying voluntarily in the coming days.”

The Pentagon, Air Force and White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

On previous trips to the Middle East, the C-17 had landed at U.S. air bases such as Ramstein Air Base in Germany or Naval Station Rota in Spain to refuel, according to one person familiar with the trips. Occasionally the plane stopped in the Azores and once in Sigonella, Italy, both of which have U.S. military sites, the person added.

But on this particular trip, the plane landed in Glasgow — a pitstop the five-man crew had never experienced in their dozens of trips to the Middle East. The location lacked a U.S. base and was dozens of miles away from the crew’s overnight lodging at the Turnberry resort.

Had the crew needed to make a stop in the U.K., Lakenheath Air Base is situated nearby in England. The layover might have been cheaper, too: the military gets billed at a higher rate for fuel at commercial airports.

One crew member was so struck by the choice of hotel — markedly different than the Marriotts and Hiltons the 176th maintenance squadron is used to — that he texted someone close to him and told him about the stay, sending a photo and noting that the crew’s per diem allowance wasn’t enough to cover food and drinks at the ritzy resort.

The revelation that an Air Force mission may have helped line the president’s pockets comes days after Vice President Mike Pence was pressed about his decision to stay at Trump’s property in Doonbeg, Ireland, despite its location hundreds of miles away from his meetings in Dublin. The Oversight Committee is also investigating Pence’s stay at the resort.

Accusations that Trump’s properties are unfairly profiting off of his administration have dogged the president since entering office. Ethics officials and lawmakers have raised concerns about foreign officials staying at Trump hotels, and noted that Trump supporters and industry groups regularly throw bashes at Trump-owned locations. Trump is also considering hosting next year’s Group of Seven gathering of world leaders at his Doral resort in Florida, a potential financial boon for the property, and has previously stayed at the Turnberry property.

But the potential involvement of the military takes the issue to a different level.

A senior Air Force official who was previously stationed at Elmendorf Air Force Base in Alaska — where the C-17 crew was based — said choosing to refuel in Glasgow and stay at a posh property a half hour away would be unusual for such a mission. Typically, the official said, air crews stay on a military base while in transit or at nearby lodgings “unless all the hotels are booked or there is a Scottish sheep festival going on.”

The official, who was not aware of the specific allegations, also said that the mid-level officers or senior enlisted airmen commonly responsible for identifying lodging for the personnel are notoriously frugal and try to stay where their government allowance covers the costs.

“Master sergeants are cheap,” he said.

Several weeks after being alerted to the curious overnight stop, the Oversight Committee wrote a letter to acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan asking for documents related to Defense Department expenditures at Trump Turnberry and the nearby Glasgow Prestwick Airport.

The letter, signed by signed by House Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings and Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.), notes that U.S. military expenditures at the airport “appear to have increased substantially since the election.”

Prestwick Airport has long been debt-ridden. The Scottish government bought it in 2013 for £1, but it has continued to lose money in the years since. In June, the government announced its intent to sell the airport, which the panel’s letter described as “integral” to the success of the Turnberry property, 30 miles away.

Because of that, the lawmakers argued that the spending at the airport — in addition to the spending at the Trump property — raises concerns about conflicts of interest and possible violations of the domestic emoluments clause of the Constitution, which prohibits the president from receiving any compensation from the federal government other than his salary. After being elected, Trump chose not to fully divest himself from his business interests, choosing instead to put his holdings in a trust that he can receive money from at any time.

The letter asks the Pentagon for all communications between the Defense and State Departments related to “per diem” allowances in Scotland, as well as “all pre-audit flags related to air crew travel” through the Prestwick Airport and Turnberry resort, “or travel allowances beyond the normal allocations in the Defense Travel System.”
    Last edited by allegro; 09-06-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @Demogorgon , I understand your Faceplam. It's coarse language, and it's terrible to wish death on a person. I don't think I ever have before.
    I'm one of the gentlest people you'll ever meet, and I don't WANT to feel this way, like, at all. But it's just true. I don't say that shit lightly, or to get a reaction.
    They might have taken issue with your Saddam and Bin Laden comments as well but i think i know where you're coming from, i just listened to this bit on the David Pakman show and would you say this is along the lines of what you were thinking?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    They might have taken issue with your Saddam and Bin Laden comments as well but i think i know where you're coming from, i just listened to this bit on the David Pakman show and would you say this is along the lines of what you were thinking?

precisely, dude. This video perfectly sums it up.
    With Bin Laden, you could see that he was caught up by a fucked up cause, that caused him to do terrible shit, but, otherwise, was likely a reasonable dude. He at least THOUGHT that what he was fighting for was right. He also wasn't STUPID.

Trump, on the other hand, is a fucking narcissist psychopath, and a fucking moron, who doesn't give a FUCK about right and wrong, or any cause except Trump: he ONLY cares about advancing HIMSELF, and, has brought out an insane wave of nastiness in the U.S.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-06-2019 at 11:23 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    So is the enoluments clause something that is technically illegal and/or impeachable, or is it just one of those "this is a rule" things that don't have any written consequences? (Not that Trump will ever face consequences either way, but let's pretend.)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    So is the enoluments clause something that is technically illegal and/or impeachable, or is it just one of those "this is a rule" things that don't have any written consequences? (Not that Trump will ever face consequences either way, but let's pretend.)
    Trump and his family (and his corporate-owned Congressional henchmen) are the equivalent of the Romanovs.

They continue to gain more power and wealth, at the expense of the proletariat.

Trump appears to want to become Czar or King.

The only thing that will stop him is the equivalent of a Bolshevik Revolution.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Trump and his family (and his corporate-owned Congressional henchmen) are the equivalent of the Romanovs.

They continue to gain more power and wealth, at the expense of the proletariat.

Trump appears to want to become Czar or King.

The only thing that will stop him is the equivalent of a Bolshevik Revolution.
    Or maybe he gets voted out of office, perhaps?

But I 100% agree with the comparison.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    There’s fear that he won’t accept the results of the election. He’s “joked” many times recently about still being President for several more terms. He’s cuckoo for coconuts.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Last edited by allegro; 09-07-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Oh my god.......and their source for this is Rudy Guliani? The presidents lawyer?

Like.....what the hell.....I don't even know what to say anymore...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    During one of tons of Twitter discussions about the emoluments clauses today on Twitter, someone claimed that (in contrast) President Jimmy Carter sold his peanut farm before becoming President to avoid the emoluments clause.

I countered that this was not true; Carter put the peanut business and farm into a blind trust to avoid potential conflict of interest; when he left office, he discovered that the trust had been mismanaged and was over a million dollars in debt, and he had to sell all of it. I provided a link with info.

Someone who clicked “like” added that Carter also does not receive Federal health insurance, since he didn’t work for the Federal Government long enough.

THIS claim I had to verify. (It’s true; verifiable in the below link.)

And I stumbled into this Washington Post piece about President Carter (dated 8/17/18).

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU ALL READ IT.

The contrast between Carter and Trump is vast and stunning.

Last edited by allegro; 09-07-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    There’s fear that he won’t accept the results of the election. He’s “joked” many times recently about still being President for several more terms. He’s cuckoo for coconuts.
    I share this concern but didn’t we discuss this before and you said he’d be marched out by the military if need be (maybe it was FBI?) if he’s voted out? Do you think something has changed?
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-07-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Don't you feel like the week of 9/11 is probably one of those "bad timing" things with the Taliban?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^^
    is he just having flights of fantasy now? I find that very difficult to believe

now he’s tweeted a cat video, the MAGA lot are all ‘lighten up’ but some people are saying he’s setting up an insanity defense
    Last edited by WorzelG; 09-08-2019 at 01:16 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    now he’s tweeted a cat video
    Yes, after midnight, the President of the United States posted this:

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It's profound that we can still be surprised by this shit but here we are.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Poor thing. That pussy has no idea what Donald does to...

you know what, never mind.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Is that supposed to suggest folks are so easily caught up with distraction? Or that we took "the bait"?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    During one of tons of Twitter discussions about the emoluments clauses today on Twitter, someone claimed that (in contrast) President Jimmy Carter sold his peanut farm before becoming President to avoid the emoluments clause.

I countered that this was not true; Carter put the peanut business and farm into a blind trust to avoid potential conflict of interest; when he left office, he discovered that the trust had been mismanaged and was over a million dollars in debt, and he had to sell all of it. I provided a link with info.

Someone who clicked “like” added that Carter also does not receive Federal health insurance, since he didn’t work for the Federal Government long enough.

THIS claim I had to verify. (It’s true; verifiable in the below link.)

And I stumbled into this Washington Post piece about President Carter (dated 8/17/18).

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU ALL READ IT.

The contrast between Carter and Trump is vast and stunning.
    The running joke between my husband and I is to yell loudly "JIMMY CARTER DID NOT GIVE UP HIS MOTHERFUCKING PEANUT FARM FOR THIS SHIT!" every time Trump does something that is only beneficial to himself..

We yell this basically every day now. Our neighbors hate us.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

But I 100% agree with the comparison.
    your PM box is full and it says you can't accept any more PM's until you clear it out. Lemme know when you've done that and I'll send my PM back to you!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    For God's sake... I would say it cannot get any worse but hold my beer.

https://twitter.com/PlinianWinds/sta...930894336?s=19

https://twitter.com/JacquiGoddard1/s...429413888?s=19