Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60
Results 1,771 to 1,787 of 1787

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I don't really understand why people are taking such a partisan stance on impeachment.

Does anyone really think that the democrats want to see a President Pence? Seriously?

Removing Trump isn't going to guarantee a win in 2020. It's not going to make Hillary president. It's just the right thing to do.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    AHEM...

And...

So yeah, this article won't make a difference.
    I feel like you're just reaffirming my point. He brushed it off with the same nonsense he's been spewing ever since he was a candidate. Don't like someone? Make fun of them, brag about yourself, and move on. Didn't hurt him in 2016, why would it hurt him now?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    #ChristiansAgainstTrump

something's happening.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I feel like you're just reaffirming my point. He brushed it off with the same nonsense he's been spewing ever since he was a candidate. Don't like someone? Make fun of them, brag about yourself, and move on. Didn't hurt him in 2016, why would it hurt him now?
    Yeah man that’s exactly what I was getting at

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    The article will probably make a difference in SOME way, but I don't exactly have my finger on the pulse of the evangelical community so I can't claim to know how that's gonna go.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Washington Post has an article about how the Christian website's opinion is not having an impact on evangelicals. which, isn't surprising.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It could very well be that some who are saying they aren't swayed by it, are perhaps thinking something else entirely.

The writer will probably be fired, or if it's one of the higher-ups, is asked to step down.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 12-21-2019 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Post 1,776 in this thread above. Interesting.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Holy crap, the National Review’s Senior Editor calls for removal:

https://www.nationalreview.com/magaz...r-impeachment/

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://medium.com/@james.hatch/my-s...s-888285f0e662

very interesting - and uplifting even - read.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    So how's everyone feeling about the latest Biden debacle?

Friday: would not comply with a subpoena issued for the impeachment trial
    Saturday: "I am not going to pretend that there is any legal basis for Republican subpoenas for my testimony in the impeachment trial"; reiterates he's never defied a subpoena (unlike most of Trump's administration).

I feel like Republicans have once again found a way to make a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. Trump was literally impeached for obstructing legal proceedings. But other Republicans disobeying subpoenas has been a rallying cry for Democrats to say "what are you hiding" and "why are you above the law" (both valid questions). So now if candidate Biden defies a subpoena, even if its legality is questionable at best and is nothing more than a distraction tactic, it'll be used by Fox, etc, to scream AHHHHHHHH HYPOCRITES!!!!!!! for the next eleven months. What the fuck is the guy supposed to say? (He's not even in my top three choices for candidates, but the way this is playing out is pissing me off)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Pretty much. But Drump has been twisting things for years. If it wasn't this, it would be something else. I don't care who gets the DNC nom, the only way we are going to get the Angry Cheeto out of office is if everyone unifies, holds their nose, and votes against him.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I feel like Republicans have once again found a way to make a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. Trump was literally impeached for obstructing legal proceedings. But other Republicans disobeying subpoenas has been a rallying cry for Democrats to say "what are you hiding" and "why are you above the law" (both valid questions). So now if candidate Biden defies a subpoena, even if its legality is questionable at best and is nothing more than a distraction tactic, it'll be used by Fox, etc, to scream AHHHHHHHH HYPOCRITES!!!!!!! for the next eleven months.
    "Used by Fox," etc., IMHO:

1) Trump Republicans / Fox viewers should be disregarded. We shouldn't care what they think. They'll never vote for anybody except Trump. Their pearl-clutching is an attempt to change the DEMOCRATIC PARTY nomination.

2) Non-Trump Republican Congress members ONLY care about the next election and will sell their souls for those votes.

3) Non-Trump Republican voters likely think that Trump is a total fraud, but they still won't vote for a Democrat. Ever.

What I'm trying to say is: We shouldn't give a fuck what "not our side" thinks of Joe Biden or any non-Republican nominee; we should care about whether or not OUR ELECTORATE has any doubt in electability re the candidate / potential nominee.

KEEPING IN MIND that voter suppression and Republican election fraud directly affects "our side" as well as the fact that the Russians and the Republicans will do ANYTHING POSSIBLE to TAINT the reputation of the nominee, in order to instill doubt.

If the nominee is Bernie, some Republicans will dig up (or invent) dirt on Bernie, etc. etc.

My own view on Biden: I agree that anything that Biden did or didn't do has NOTHING to do with the current matter against Trump. It's just there to dirty up the candidate, which was EXACTLY the thing that Trump sought.

Trump isn't / wasn't REALLY concerned with "corruption in the Ukraine." Otherwise, Trump would have demanded an investigation into the Russian oligarchs who are attempting to control Ukraine.

See also: Ukraine Diamond Prosecutors.

This Twitter thread is good (Trump + his Minions = Bull, Biden = the Bullfighter):

Last edited by allegro; 12-29-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I don't know... I have republican relatives who are saying they'll vote for Biden (begrudgingly) or Bloomberg (willingly), but nobody else that has a chance of winning. I don't bother to chime in and say that Bloomberg doesn't have a chance.

...and then when I press on why, I find out that they're really not following the news outside of the front page headlines, and that they really have no idea what a complete disaster Trump is. They're just "tired of all the complaining about him." Jesus...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    They're just "tired of all the complaining about him." Jesus...
    Try this next time:

"What happens when you're really sick, for days or weeks at a time? Nothing, right? Because you're just tired of feeling sick, so you try to ignore it?"

"No, of course not, that would be stupid."

"Oh, so you go to a doctor to try to understand why your body isn't working right?"

"Of course."

"Okay. So if you're sick of everyone complaining about Trump, ask a reputable newspaper WHY everyone is complaining about him instead of just ignoring it."

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Try this next time:

"What happens when you're really sick, for days or weeks at a time? Nothing, right? Because you're just tired of feeling sick, so you try to ignore it?"

"No, of course not, that would be stupid."

"Oh, so you go to a doctor to try to understand why your body isn't working right?"

"Of course."

"Okay. So if you're sick of everyone complaining about Trump, ask a reputable newspaper WHY everyone is complaining about him instead of just ignoring it."
    sorry.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    sorry.

Laugh all you want; I got a lifelong Republican and "own the libs" guy to admit that AOC's Green New Deal made sense when I compared it to Trump's magic wall. The gist of the conversation was "you don't expect him to literally build thousands of miles of wall that would keep every single Mexican person from entering the country, right?" "No, don't be stupid, that's not what anyone expects." "Okay, so why do you expect AOC's Green New Deal to be taken word-for-word? Couldn't it be that she's just outlining things that, if partially implemented, could help?"

He agreed. The grumpy son of a bitch agreed with me. We talked a lot more (about random things) in the following months after that conversation.

Point being, not EVERYONE is beyond reach. I like to at least attempt to point things out in simple, easy to understand ways. If it turns out you're just too stubborn to hear it, then hey, I can sleep better knowing that I at least tried.