Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1787

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Meanwhile, this is what his buddy Putin is doing:

I'm going to go rock back and forth in a corner quietly for a few hours, TTYL!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Deutsche Bank has tax returns that Congress is seeking in subpoenas targeting Trump's finance

Technically speaking, they're someone's tax returns, but the "who" is not directly disclosed in the publicly released, redacted version of their letter. However...

“Based on Deutsche Bank’s current knowledge and the results of the extensive searches that have already been conducted, the Bank has in its possession tax returns (in either draft or as-filed form) responsive to the Subpoenas
    if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Trump pushes to allow new logging in Alaska’s Tongass National Forest

President Trump has instructed Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue to exempt Alaska’s 16.7 million-acre Tongass National Forest from logging restrictions imposed nearly 20 years ago, according to three people briefed on the issue, after privately discussing the matter with the state’s governor aboard Air Force One.

The move would affect more than half of the world’s largest intact temperate rainforest, opening it to potential logging, energy and mining projects. It would undercut a sweeping Clinton administration policy known as the “roadless rule,” which has survived a decades-long legal assault.

Trump has taken a personal interest in “forest management,” a term he told a group of lawmakers last year he has “redefined” since taking office.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Immigration Department sends out notices to undocumented immigrant families with severely sick children who had been allowed to stay in the U.S. to receive treatment that their children wouldn’t otherwise receive in their homeland country, informing families that they have 33 days to leave (and in effect signing these children’s’ death sentences).

Maddow covered this tonight.

Thread:

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I remember when I was a kid, puzzling over how something so insane like the Holocaust could have happened so recently, so recently that my grandfather fought in the war... and my little kid brain couldn’t understand it at all. I could understand, on some level, “smaller horrors” like the Manson family murders or things like that, but I couldn’t watch these videos of Nazi rallies and read about the concentration camps and “understand” how it could get “there”

It’s chilling to feel like I still never “got it” until recently, reading the daily news while everything gets more and more insane, and nobody grows increasingly alarmed as it gets increasingly alarming, that I might finally understand.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    We're all frogs in a very big pot right now.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    And now, Trump’s bashing Puerto Rico as they brace for another hurricane, and saying he’s the best thing that’s ever happened to them. Gee, I wonder if he’s pissed that disaster relief might cut into funding his re-election wall

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ”Fox isn’t working for us anymore!”

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    So....anyone been reading up on Trump literally tweeting "this is our country, not yours" to AOC and "east coast elites" (i.e. himself). Then creating a whole new web page / text campaign continuing to insist that this is OUR country, not THEIRS.

What in the ever loving fuck.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I haven't, no. And I was having a good evening so I'll continue to not until tomorrow.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    He didn’t tweet it, it was apparently a letter to his supporters, like those insane surveys

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    He didn’t tweet it, it was apparently a letter to his supporters, like those insane surveys
    Ah yes, you're right. Sorry, when you're so used to one medium being the primary source of vitriol and senility, it becomes easy to mix it up with a different, equally vitriolic and senile medium.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Nobody supports veterans like Trump does?

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/tru...n-citizenship/

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    JFC. That's all kinds of fucked up.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Then there was the time that the new campaign logo was...uh...stolen from a white supremacy group.

All the WTF? details you need.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    JFC. That's all kinds of fucked up.
    If you look at it closely, what’s actually happening is that it’s only affecting service members with green cards who are not U.S. citizens (babies born to these service members will not automatically be U.S. citizens and their parents must apply for the baby’s citizenship while serving overseas).

Of course, this raises the question: If these people with green cards are good enough to serve in the military and sacrifice so much to protect our country, isn’t making their babies U.S. citizens the least we can do?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I still don’t get why this “Fox isn’t working for us anymore” comment isn’t a bigger deal... I mean, of course I totally do, just when is this going to be enough. He’s chastising his propaganda outlet for not slanting the polls in his favor enough. He even went so far as to say that Fox “always” gives him the worst polls. I am so tired of him being able to say this kind of shit day in and day out, but if Obama put on a tan suit or put mustard on his hamberder...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post

Then there was the time that the new campaign logo was...uh...stolen from a white supremacy group.

All the WTF? details you need.
    swinging on past the details (buried joke there), the new logo is "Keep America Great"? You call how we're doing great, I call it going to Hell in a handbasket.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    If you look at it closely, what’s actually happening is that it’s only affecting service members with green cards who are not U.S. citizens (babies born to these service members will not automatically be U.S. citizens and their parents must apply for the baby’s citizenship while serving overseas).

Of course, this raises the question: If these people with green cards are good enough to serve in the military and sacrifice so much to protect our country, isn’t making their babies U.S. citizens the least we can do?
    Your assessment is spot on. The military and military policy is one of the few things the executive branch can change without congress, so obviously this is political theater.

I am so tired of him being able to say this kind of shit day in and day out, but if Obama put on a tan suit or put mustard on his hamberder...
    I have to step away from the news quite often or my blood pressure shoots up from rage.
    Last edited by Magnetic; 08-30-2019 at 02:52 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    That's horrifying.......

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    So now Jim Mattis is saying he refuses to criticize a sitting president, but implies heavily that he’s got some shit to say, but for now he owes an obligation of silence that “won’t last forever.” Yeah... you’ll say what you need to say when he’s no longer president and it no longer really matters!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    WaPo has a good assessment here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...s-our-problem/

"We have no deus ex machina — not Mattis, not Mueller, not the 25th Amendment and not impeachment. We have “only” our democracy. If we cannot collectively figure out how to motivate people to vote Trump out, we might have reached the point at which we are incapable of rational self-governance. I don’t think we are there yet. In the meantime, we should stop pestering Mattis to turn over the silver bullet he does not have."

I don't care who it takes from the Democrats, my policy for 2020 is #anyonebuttrump.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    So now Jim Mattis is saying he refuses to criticize a sitting president, but implies heavily that he’s got some shit to say, but for now he owes an obligation of silence that “won’t last forever.” Yeah... you’ll say what you need to say when he’s no longer president and it no longer really matters!
    A99DE86E-0225-47B2-808C-0A51E4E772EC.jpeg

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    WaPo has a good assessment here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...s-our-problem/

"We have no deus ex machina — not Mattis, not Mueller, not the 25th Amendment and not impeachment. We have “only” our democracy. If we cannot collectively figure out how to motivate people to vote Trump out, we might have reached the point at which we are incapable of rational self-governance. I don’t think we are there yet. In the meantime, we should stop pestering Mattis to turn over the silver bullet he does not have."

I don't care who it takes from the Democrats, my policy for 2020 is #anyonebuttrump.

hehehe...anyone butt rump.

Sorry, if I can't laugh, I'll just weep. This week has been such a horrifically bad one between the "sending people off to die" and the citizenship thing and deciding to say "fuck the planet, let's destroy Alaska". I'm literally losing sleep over it all now.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Oh totally. I laughed the first time I typed that out.
    The shit about Alaska....yah. Between the world news and other things...someone just hit me over the head with a frying pan please.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    hehehe...anyone butt rump.

Sorry, if I can't laugh, I'll just weep. This week has been such a horrifically bad one between the "sending people off to die" and the citizenship thing and deciding to say "fuck the planet, let's destroy Alaska". I'm literally losing sleep over it all now.
    I talked with my elderly Mom a little while ago, asked how she was doing.

She said terrible, she was crying a lot last night and couldn’t sleep.

I thought, oh no, is she depressed?

No, she’s watched Maddow and stuff on MSNBC about that young woman from Guatemala who is receiving life-saving treatment (by invitation of the medical community since she was 7 - she’s now 24 - article was posted above) who Trump is deporting and the young woman will most certainly die. So my Mom couldn’t sleep, crying over how cruel we are and how helpless she feels.

We agreed that she has to stop watching TV news stuff for a while.

If this young woman does die after having been deported for no reason (and I truly hope this doesn’t happen), then the only karma should be Trump’s impeachment (and imprisonment) for 1st degree murder.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-30-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Seriously ... WHAT THE FUCK?!????

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I'm at a loss for words.